Eels snatch Waqa Blake

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a shame. We are in dire need of strike centres and he is a strike centre and still only 24

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said a while ago Parra was his most likely destination. If they get Welch then I'll be pissed.

The three we should have targeted from Melbourne were Drinkwater, Welch and Smith/Grant.
Why would we do that, its not like the bloke basically running the club has any ties to Melbourne??

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still out until at least Round 20.

Waste of money at the moment.
Not really.
Just heard on NRL360 that Panthers are paying a large chunk of his contract as he just re-signed back in October last year on a 4yr contract.

We didn't get him because our club usually are the ones paying large chunks to play elsewhere....fmd, we have some incompetent ***** when it comes to signing quality players and letting others pay a part of their contract.

We only got DWZ cause his No1 preference in the Tigers couldn't come up with the money as they couldn't off load Mythbye and he didn't want to move his family to the far north of QLD....we ended up being his only option.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I said a while ago Parra was his most likely destination. If they get Welch then I'll be pissed.

The three we should have targeted from Melbourne were Drinkwater, Welch and Smith/Grant.
Which one Cameron or Brandon

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He probably won't play this unless parra play in finals as he won't return until August.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not really.
Just heard on NRL360 that Panthers are paying a large chunk of his contract as he just re-signed back in October last year on a 4yr contract.

We didn't get him because our club usually are the ones paying large chunks to play elsewhere....fmd, we have some incompetent ***** when it comes to signing quality players and letting others pay a part of their contract.

We only got DWZ cause his No1 preference in the Tigers couldn't come up with the money as they couldn't off load Mythbye and he didn't want to move his family to the far north of QLD....we ended up being his only option.
They are only paying for this year. Next year Parra pay everything.

Too big a chunk for next year for us. We do not have that much space in the cap for someone who is constantly injured..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So Parra will be interesting next year:
1. Gutherson
2. Ferguson
3. Blake
4. Jennings
5. Sivo / Hoffman

Takairangi moving back into second row.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Parra will be interesting next year:
1. Gutherson
2. Ferguson
3. Blake
4. Jennings
5. Sivo / Hoffman

Takairangi moving back into second row.
Thats a gun back 5. All big strong fast athletic with footwork. They have now signed fergo and blake in the space of a year. Thats some great recruiting. Meanwhile at belmore as usual they are scathing thier balls.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Jennings is off contract next year and was on huge $$$ his money is paying Blake for sure

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are only paying for this year. Next year Parra pay everything.

Too big a chunk for next year for us. We do not have that much space in the cap for someone who is constantly injured..
Not according to the Eels forum and this is what I understood on NRL 360 as well....

Screenshot_20190627-080905_Chrome.jpeg

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thats a gun back 5. All big strong fast athletic with footwork. They have now signed fergo and blake in the space of a year. Thats some great recruiting. Meanwhile at belmore as usual they are scathing thier balls.
It's okay, we have Montoya & Meaney as our centre/wing combo. They're the next Gidley & Tahu.

I'm actually not massively fussed about missing out on Blake. Can have a huge game every now and then as he's a great runner but he never passes, like ever... he's injury prone and not a great defender. But we definitely need to find some centres from somewhere.

Hopefully Harper at least gets given a shot so we can see if he's good enough for FG.