Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Being out-done by Parra. That'll do me.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck... would of been ideal next to dwz.... fucking seriously how useless is our fucking mob.

Gutherson, sivo, Jennings, Blake, Ferguson.....

Jennings goes next year I’d say as he’s way over priced now, sivo will be getting a big pay increase too; though all the rest of them are surely on huge $$$

At best smith and dwz are worthy to be discussed there. Seriously what the fuck.

Lucky they got moses to ruin it but fuck me. If we don’t seriously sign latrell or some superstars soon we are a joke

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a good signing for them, disappointed we didnt get mentioned in the running.
The big bodied, athletic, fast centre we need in our side.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a good signing for them, disappointed we didnt get mentioned in the running.
The big bodied, athletic, fast centre we need in our side.
Yeah not us hey lol. We will pick up bevan french and every other midget running around the nrl.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foxsports also mentioned parra could get Christian Welch

The Melbourne prop is on the cusp of a State of Origin debut — ideal timing to be discussing his future beyond the end of the season. He has a player option in his favour for next year, but he is on the radar of several clubs and could get a significant pay rise if he decides to leave the Storm.

The 24-year-old has previously spoken about his love and respect for Melbourne, but while the club are keen to keep him, he is weighing up whether he can take the next step in his career at the Storm.

Big-name forwards Jesse Bromwich, Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Dale Finucane are taking up much of the salary cap space.

While a number of Sydney clubs have expressed interested in him, Parramatta have emerged as the frontrunner in negotiations, with Fairfax reporting they have missed out on luring Matt Lodge south.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I said a while ago Parra was his most likely destination. If they get Welch then I'll be pissed.

The three we should have targeted from Melbourne were Drinkwater, Welch and Smith/Grant.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's probably a bit tough competing with other clubs (even the eels) when it's not really aligning with what the board's trying to do - clean up the roster by 2020 so we can put together a decent team. No way would we have offered (if we did in fact make an offer) a 4+ year deal, probably 2 at most or 18 months like DWZ - he's not gonna walk away from that kind of security

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not bothered by this. Bloke is an athlete but has poor injury history and appears to be dumb as shit.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is currently injured again and can go quiet in big games.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Penrith are quietly falling apart. They might have good juniors coming through, but Blake, DWZ and CHN adds up to a decent amount of talent to offload in a short time frame. It makes me wonder if Gould left of his own accord or if he contributed to some mismanagement of the salary cap out at Penrith.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We will probably sign another forward........

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm something going on in Panthers town. Blake was signed till end of 2023 season late 2018, so Panthers will be paying mass freight.

Good player when he's on but is injury prone.

Panthers almost have two first grade backlines, so plenty of surplus.

Currently
1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Yeo
4. Naden
5. To'o

but they also have
1. Aekins
2. MWZ
3. Whare
4. Brayden McGrady (one to watch in the future - only returned from leg injury a few weeks back.)
5. Stephen Cricthon (bloke is a beast and set for big things)

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Glad we didn't sign him. Overrated big time.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Foxsports also mentioned parra could get Christian Welch

The Melbourne prop is on the cusp of a State of Origin debut — ideal timing to be discussing his future beyond the end of the season. He has a player option in his favour for next year, but he is on the radar of several clubs and could get a significant pay rise if he decides to leave the Storm.

The 24-year-old has previously spoken about his love and respect for Melbourne, but while the club are keen to keep him, he is weighing up whether he can take the next step in his career at the Storm.

Big-name forwards Jesse Bromwich, Nelson Asofa-Solomona and Dale Finucane are taking up much of the salary cap space.

While a number of Sydney clubs have expressed interested in him, Parramatta have emerged as the frontrunner in negotiations, with Fairfax reporting they have missed out on luring Matt Lodge south.
i would love welch, but lets not get it twisted and to upset yet. Parra spending money now is great for us, as it means less competition in regards to cap space and bidding wars come 2021... i hope the slimy ***** get Matt Lodge aswell.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I said a while ago Parra was his most likely destination. If they get Welch then I'll be pissed.

The three we should have targeted from Melbourne were Drinkwater, Welch and Smith/Grant.
I love the way the cowboys quietly draw in good talent. Having an advocate like JT would be handy to bring in young players. Drinkwater and Robson are a great couple of signings we could have done with to rebuild our own spine.

I would be extremely happy if we could get Welch. Perfect long term replacement for Tolman.

Last edited:

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bothered by this. Bloke is an athlete but has poor injury history and appears to be dumb as shit.
Dont no why you dont rate him. Who do you suggest we try and sign instead. Lets face it we need at 2 centres or maybe 1 if smith moves there and maybe plays a turbo like row in origin. Either way we need to sign at least 2 outside backs to complete our back 5. Dwz smith are definites for us to keep. And maybe Okunbor but thats it. We definitely need 2 gun centre/wingers.