Social Media Kevin Walter's in the mix to coach the dogs

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ive been saying walters for years now, would have been the ultimate breath of fresh air after hasler but still would be a breath of fresh air
Don’t know enough about him, but you’d hope he’d be astute enough to bring in people with ability in the areas he lacks. Who does he lean on in SOO?

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is obviously going to be sacked soon. I think (hope) the board are waiting for the best candidate, not just replace him with someone who will be trying to find their way through this mess. Not a newbie FFS

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Flanno.... please.... what went on under his watch at the Sharks was appalling .... we may need a change.... but we need to set some ethical standards.

I’ll find it hard to support the club if we sign him. Truly, I will.

We can do better. Having said that, I don’t know Walters is the answer.
Please explain how we can do better? We need a new coach next year...not in 2 years....

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Please explain how we can do better? We need a new coach next year...not in 2 years....
I’d rather we play on with Pay next year snd do badly again than sign someone like Flanno who cheats, lacks morals and will treat our players like cattle.

But there are other options out there. Holbrook would do.

No Flanno. Our club has to be morally better than that.

Our roster is going to be crap again next year anyway. No evidence to suggest Flanno would do any good with a roster like this.... and no evidence to suggest his ban will be lifted next year.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have nothing to lose punting pay and giving a coach like demetriou/toovey or whover a deal for the next year and a half if they are good keep them if shit that will be around the time flanno will be available

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
We have nothing to lose punting pay and giving a coach like demetriou/toovey or whover a deal for the next year and a half if they are good keep them if shit that will be around the time flanno will be available
Thinking on the flanno likely out till 2021 why not try the assistant Georgewhaeever?

Can’t be worse then dean “makethefans” pay ffs.

Toovey was a fucking spud at manly! No!

Maybe that Holbrook though doubt he would come for a year.

I reckon As I said sack pay now, we’ve suffered enough. Throw in Steve g till end of season. If he looks in over his head, give Dymock a season for 2020 and sort Flanagan for 21

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone else heard about this
Seen it on Instagram this morning, and what are your thoughts?
I dont think he has proved himself I know hes coaching qld but pay could and get good results, we need a Bellamy or Bennett type
Bennett thinks he is God on the coaching scene but observe he only looks good when he is presented with an elite professional bunch of players. The making of a great coach is far better shown if he starts with nothing and takes the Premiership. Look through the history books and a little unknown coach at the time Ted Glossop created a team of plodders into entertainers because he showed them how to attack. That's what we need to coach them now not a big name that may or not be a good coach.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am hearing kevo and flanno’s nane being thrown around. I say neither will fix the situation. I say get the walker brothers. No more tolls on the 4th. No more forwards touching the ball in the attacking zone. They will completely rejuvenate the side
Be fair our forwards like touching their balls at every chance but when it comes to attacking play they lose their balls. They take more notice of the referees calling out "play the ball"

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Thinking on the flanno likely out till 2021 why not try the assistant Georgewhaeever?

I reckon As I said sack pay now, we’ve suffered enough. Throw in Steve g till end of season. If he looks in over his head, give Dymock a season for 2020 and sort Flanagan for 21
Plans for 2021 should have already started .if you wait for 2021 to get a new coach we are already a year behind every one else. We need the new coach in Nov this year. He needs to start the recruitment and also development of players.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Plans for 2021 should have already started .if you wait for 2021 to get a new coach we are already a year behind every one else. We need the new coach in Nov this year. He needs to start the recruitment and also development of players.
Preseason starts 1st November. That's too late to start sorting 2020 roster really.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Preseason starts 1st November. That's too late to start sorting 2020 roster really.
I had argument yesterday when called into pub to do my tips. On this matter.
The barman is trying to tell me its disgusting to dump pay half way thru season.
I could not get them to realise how important for next season that we move on now.
Cant let pay do any more recruiting.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not convinced Kevin Walters would be a good choice, but lets see how he goes after Origin 3. Pay is not winning over fans or players, so if the Dogs get smashed by the Sharks then the ice Pay is skating on would have cracked.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

Screw Flanagan. He’s a twat and there’s no reason we can’t find someone better sooner. Our club would be eaten alive if we signed him. I don’t understand why do many in here think we can’t do better.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Walters is still in the mix. However he is about 17th place at the moment.
Dean Pay still leads the race.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moot point... Walters hasn't taken coaching jobs because he doesn't want a full time gig. Pretty sure Titans, Broncos and Cowboys jobs would have all been offered to him.
Not sure about the Titans or Cowboys but he definitely was not offered the Broncos job.