What is your favourite (CURRENT) TV Show

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 10400 I know this has been mentioned but I don't care, I'm watching the whole series again preparing for the movie, and would like to express my admiration for this near perfect show, every episode is brilliantly crafted and Ian mcshane is a tour de force as swearagen.

(interesting fact, Ed O'Neil was hand picked by series creator David Milch to play swearagen, and did a screen test but HBO refused to cast him, thankfully)

One of the best shows ever made hands down imo, and I can't wait to savour the movie

11/10
Agree.. I give it 3 thumbs up

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
View attachment 10400 I know this has been mentioned but I don't care, I'm watching the whole series again preparing for the movie, and would like to express my admiration for this near perfect show, every episode is brilliantly crafted and Ian mcshane is a tour de force as swearagen.

(interesting fact, Ed O'Neil was hand picked by series creator David Milch to play swearagen, and did a screen test but HBO refused to cast him, thankfully)

One of the best shows ever made hands down imo, and I can't wait to savour the movie

11/10
Cocksuka

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love the Mr Wu scenes

"Swidgen Swidgen, get cocksucka cocksucka"

Swearagen: Yeah, San Francisco cocksucker wu, your mortal enemy, I know about the burnt up whores, I know about the San Francisco cocksucker did you come to me to back your move against your San Francisco cocksucker rival, Swidgen gets it, and Swidgen doesn't give a FUCK" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the Mr Wu scenes

"Swidgen Swidgen, get cocksucka cocksucka"

Swearagen: Yeah, San Francisco cocksucker wu, your mortal enemy, I know about the burnt up whores, I know about the San Francisco cocksucker did you come to me to back your move against your San Francisco cocksucker rival, Swidgen gets it, and Swidgen doesn't give a FUCK" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
1 San Francisco cocksuka not 2

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Season 2 of Dark was excellent but pretty damn confusing. Too many characters, too many paradoxes. Still great but at one stage it felt like they just wanted to go insane and make everyone in the town a paradox.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Based on the feature film of the same name from Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi, "What We Do in the Shadows" is a documentary-style look into the daily (or rather, nightly) lives of four vampires who've "lived" together for hundreds of years in Staten Island. After an unexpected visit from their dark lord and leader, the vampires are reminded of what they were initially tasked with upon their arrival in New York City over a century ago -- total and complete domination of the New World. But what exactly is the best way to go about achieving said domination? A vérité camera crew follows along as the vampires set out to answer this query.

As a big fan of the 2014 movie, I had high hopes for this, but after 4 episodes it's so far failed to live up to its potential.
Maybe it's just off to a slow start, the last episode was by far the best, I hope the standard keeps rising for the rest of the series.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
View attachment 10423
Based on the feature film of the same name from Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi, "What We Do in the Shadows" is a documentary-style look into the daily (or rather, nightly) lives of four vampires who've "lived" together for hundreds of years in Staten Island. After an unexpected visit from their dark lord and leader, the vampires are reminded of what they were initially tasked with upon their arrival in New York City over a century ago -- total and complete domination of the New World. But what exactly is the best way to go about achieving said domination? A vérité camera crew follows along as the vampires set out to answer this query.

As a big fan of the 2014 movie, I had high hopes for this, but after 4 episodes it's so far failed to live up to its potential.
Maybe it's just off to a slow start, the last episode was by far the best, I hope the standard keeps rising for the rest of the series.
I fucking loved the film

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 10423

Haven't watched the series yet but I've heard nothing but bad stuff about it. The Canadians always ruin good Australian and British series.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

11/10
Open a can of peaches, cocksucka

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally watched Catch 22 on Stan

The trailers and adverts do not do this justice at all. It's a short show but an excellent one. The best way I could describe it is Curb Your Enthusiasm crossed with Band of Brothers.

It's full of neurotic comedy that has you laughing from the start but it takes some very dark twists. By the end of it you don't know if you should laugh or cry.

It's directed and produced by George Clooney and he did an amazing job.

Absolutely excellent series

9.5/10

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is absolute fucking bullshit!!!

Just found out sneaky pete and counterpart were canned, as well as santa clarita diet all in the same year.

Fuck you amazon, starz and Netflix.

In the words of banished kennel favourite Indian dog, suck my dick!!!

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is absolute fucking bullshit!!!

Just found out sneaky pete and counterpart were canned, as well as santa clarita diet all in the same year.

Fuck you amazon, starz and Netflix.

In the words of banished kennel favourite Indian dog, suck my dick!!!
Counterpart had to be the most well written series I have ever watched and the concept of the show was brilliant

It was being shopped around to other channels but they couldn't find a new home

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Ok @The_Chimpster I've fast-tracked my start to Happy! upon your recommendation friend. I've watched 2 episodes so far... wasn't the kiddy tv show I was expecting :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

By the way... don't you think that Nick Sax looks awfully similar to Charles Jericho (from Driver San Francisco)?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok @The_Chimpster I've fast-tracked my start to Happy! upon your recommendation friend. I've watched 2 episodes so far... wasn't the kiddy tv show I was expecting :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

By the way... don't you think that Nick Sax looks awfully similar to Charles Jericho (from Driver San Francisco)?

He used to be a Detective for the SVU. You see, in the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit

Wahesh

Reaction score
He used to be a Detective for the SVU. You see, in the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit
And I watch Criminal Minds (heading into it's final season after the Summer). The Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU) is a department of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC) that uses behavioral-analysts to assist in criminal investigations.

Why the heck did I just say that? I have no idea.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Personally, I don't see it.

The guy in the pic looks more like a bearded Trevor Phillips from GTA IV to me

Wahesh

Reaction score
Personally, I don't see it.

The guy in the pic looks more like a bearded Trevor Phillips from GTA IV to me
I don’t know what it is man, at the end of episode 2 where he told Happy to get into the car, and that he’s going to rescue his daughter… I saw it then.