The good news thread (aka "restores my faith in humanity" thread)

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
@Mr 95% restores my faith in humanity, strongest most uplifting fighter out there and he still makes time for others and encourages and inspires people .
No hommo **** but you fucking rule
Thanks Southy..appreciate those words..really do..really do.. Thank you brother..means a lot..truly..

Last edited:

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
‪As you wake up this morning after sleeping in a warm bed, spare a thought for Sia Soliola who slept outside in an airplane hanger last night to raise money for the homeless at the Vinnies CEO Sleepout in #CBR

He raised over $6,000 in just three days!

That’s enough to help provide over 50 beds and 200 meals for those experiencing homelessness.

Thank you to everyone who supported this great cause.

Source https://bit.ly/2FlKeuO

You can donate here https://www.ceosleepout.org.au/fundraisers/siasoliola

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No she wasn’t.... you’re just talking shit again.

Is the head of the holocaust museum’s opinion any more valid than the opinions of ancestors of people who were killed in the nazi camps who support her comments? As understandable as his feelings are, he is clearly speaking from an emotive viewpoint, not from the point of view of an objective historian.

Hitler didn’t just start gassing Jewish people from day one... it takes time to plant the seeds of intolerance and allow the weed of hate to grow. Not saying these modern day concentration camps will lead to such shocking and large scale genocide (and AOC didn’t say that either)....but dehumanising a group of people and denying their rights is often how those who lead genocidal movements get started.... I guess there are two takes on her comments by members of the Jewish community- there are those who take offence based on their understanding of what the term means .... and those who see ugly attitudes in the present, think we can learn from this historical tragedy and if it takes confrontational language to shake people out of their current state of apathy, it’s well worth it. By the actual definition of the term, the US government is running concentration camps.... just like we are in Australia. Acknowledging that doesn’t disrespect the dead.... it shows respect for those living in unjust states of squalor.

If you want to debate this further, create your own thread about what AOC said or tag me in if a thread already exists and stop shitting all over this one. I’m happy to debate further with you if you want, but this thread isn’t the place for it and I won’t post any more replies unless you tag me into an appropriate place for the discussion .....this is supposed to be a feel good thread. No need to drag it down any further by arguing.... sugar pie
Lol I can’t even

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Admittedly it wasn't the first time she's done it. When she said the world is going to end in 12 years, then she tried to convince people that she wasn't serious.

I think we're getting way off topic now though. This is meant to be the happy happy joy joy thread

It’s good to see you’re able to see her antics lol. I don’t get how she still has supporters albeit an extreme minority who still believe the world will end in a decade if we don’t all give her our money and build underwater trains and bridges across the globe lol. And then tear down civilisation as we know it and rebuild it in 5 years. Where do we get the money from? AOC is your man, her answer? There’s plenty of money.

Ms AOC what can we impeach trump on?

AOC: there’s just so much you can fill a hat with all the things he can be impeached on and randomly select one.

Ok give us 3....

AOC: awww there’s just sooooo many it’s hard to pick........

Ms AOC?

Gosh darn *throws hands In air* you know there’s just so muchhhh.....
How about his tax?

Lol sorry that interview will stay with me forever.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well this idiot supposedly used “coherent” correctly. Not many non idiots can do that.

But I like how you set it up where you wanna stop the argument, i then don’t continue it yet you make yourself somehow victorious lol. Gotta give it to you lefties. You definitely are able to self identify as heroines in arguments

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
‪As you wake up this morning after sleeping in a warm bed, spare a thought for Sia Soliola who slept outside in an airplane hanger last night to raise money for the homeless at the Vinnies CEO Sleepout in #CBR

He raised over $6,000 in just three days!

That’s enough to help provide over 50 beds and 200 meals for those experiencing homelessness.

Thank you to everyone who supported this great cause.

Source https://bit.ly/2FlKeuO

You can donate here https://www.ceosleepout.org.au/fundraisers/siasoliola
Him and Christian Welch do a lot of stuff for charity!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Despite nobody taking this thread seriously, I thought i'd add one more that happened this evening.

So I get to my car after work around 4:45pm in a hurry to get to child care to pick up my son (after reassuring Mrs CD that all was in hand). At the same time, i was distracted with some work issues and had a million things on my mind... so what do i do? I put my phone on the roof of my car whilst i'm loading all my stuff in and drive off. I only discover it around 20 mins later as i'm pulling up at the child care centre. So I grad CD Jnr and race back to where my car was. No phone. So i head home again in a hurry to find Mrs CD hasn't arrived home. Panic is setting in. Mrs CD arrived home 5 minutes later yelling at me why was i not picking up my phone (she tends to worry)? Anyway, after calling my phone a million times, an English fellow answers to assure me he has my phone. He found it abut a kilo from where i drove off.

So, i head back into Spring Hill and meet the dude. I insist on giving him $20 for a six pack, and after driving back through the M7 tunnel for the 5th time (at a cost of $5.60 a pop - you Sydney people think your tolls are expensive?). I got home. Whole experience cost about $70 including fuel and frazzled nerves but better than having my identity stolen.

It was always a 50/50 shot whether an honest person picked it up or not (Spring Hill is kind of like, say, Surry Hills - half millionaires, half derros).

So, my onya for today, goes to hispter Pommy Mike, who saved my phone, and my day.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
at a cost of $5.60 a pop - you Sydney people think your tolls are expensive.
Eastern Distributor Northbound / $7.61
Hills M2 Motorway Each direction / $7.52

What do we win again :D

Nah I'd like to think that most people are good out there. My phones always locked but it has a screensaver on it with my wife and parents phone number saying "if found please call (numbers) - Reward offered".

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck yeah... give that man a new.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...se-Anita-Cobby-fighting-life-bashed-jail.html

Gary Murphy, 61, was attacked in the shower block at Long Bay jail in Sydney, Corrective Services NSW confirmed. He is now in a critical condition at St Vincent's Hospital.
Murphy, along with his brothers Michael and Leslie Murphy, and John Travers and Michael Murdoch, were all jailed for life over the murder of 26-year-old Ms Cobby in 1986. Michael Murphy died in Long Bay jail in February.

If he dies: Drop the sentence of the legend responsible.
If he survives: Put them in together as cell mates to get the job done.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m surprised no anti war people here (lefties) have congratulated racist/islamophobe trump on not retaliating with bombing the fuck out of Iran for them downing an unmanned drone. You’d think that would be good for humanity right? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck yeah... give that man a new.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...se-Anita-Cobby-fighting-life-bashed-jail.html

Gary Murphy, 61, was attacked in the shower block at Long Bay jail in Sydney, Corrective Services NSW confirmed. He is now in a critical condition at St Vincent's Hospital.
Murphy, along with his brothers Michael and Leslie Murphy, and John Travers and Michael Murdoch, were all jailed for life over the murder of 26-year-old Ms Cobby in 1986. Michael Murphy died in Long Bay jail in February.

If he dies: Drop the sentence of the legend responsible.
If he survives: Put them in together as cell mates to get the job done.
Reporting of prison bashings is a bit strange in that we never really hear much about the perpetrator. For example, if the perpetrator was say, a Pedo, do we still applaud him? If this guy was then bashed back by Murphy, would Murphy also be applauded?

Should we just chuck these guys into a room and have some sort of gladiator/hunger games battle to the death?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Eastern Distributor Northbound / $7.61
Hills M2 Motorway Each direction / $7.52

What do we win again :D

Nah I'd like to think that most people are good out there. My phones always locked but it has a screensaver on it with my wife and parents phone number saying "if found please call (numbers) - Reward offered".
I like that idea actually.

I'm not sure what my main concern was when i lost it:

1. Losing all my photos etc (contacts are in my gmail account/cloud etc).
2. someone seeing my browser history
3. Someone making long calls overseas, or downloading gigs of shit
4. having my identity stolen
5. the fact that i run my business through my phone and nobody will be able to get hold of me.

I do believe that people are mostly honest, and Mrs CD has been amazed at how relatively relaxed I have been when i have lost my wallet in the past - she is from a country where you would have no chance of seeing your shit again.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Reporting of prison bashings is a bit strange in that we never really hear much about the perpetrator. For example, if the perpetrator was say, a Pedo, do we still applaud him? If this guy was then bashed back by Murphy, would Murphy also be applauded?

Should we just chuck these guys into a room and have some sort of gladiator/hunger games battle to the death?
Good point.

I like that idea.... infact take it a step further. The one who dies gets their organs harvested (like they do in China) for transplant recipients.

Everyone wins!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im still confused as to why there’s not even a thread created for congratulating islamiphobe and racist trump for not starting a war with Iran?

Edit I’m not confused I very well know why no one is speaking about it lol. But it’s pretty hilarious and hypocritical that even the lefties here see their illogicality

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Im still confused as to why there’s not even a thread created for congratulating islamiphobe and racist trump for not starting a war with Iran?

Edit I’m not confused I very well know why no one is speaking about it lol. But it’s pretty hilarious and hypocritical that even the lefties here see their illogicality
Because it'll get nuked under forum rules in record time?!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
The perks of being a slave to a multi-billion dollar corporation is, nothing seems to work.

All biometric systems are down,doors are jammed!
I literally do nothing and get paid for it!
Here's hoping they resolve this issue after 5pm.