News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
IF you could prove God existed and that he sent the bible, and prove it beyond doubt, by all means go on your rants and raves about turning away from sin.

However, this cannot be proved, furthermore, I believe (and many other atheists aswell) that one could come up with far, far superior moral code than anything written in the bible (or any other religious text).

So already in doubt is the validity of folau's moral code, i.e. the bible.
Some people have faith, some people have knowledge. There have been many miracles which have happened throughout the world that have given people this knowledge, and it's no coincidence that these miracles are all related to individuals who have faith. I'm not saying EVERY MIRACLE has happened is linked to it, but many of them are.

Here are a few famous ones:

http://www.lifebuzz.com/miracles/

Further more, I have witnessed a few myself.

*In Lebanon, I visited a statue of the Virgin Mary that cried tears of blood. This statue was visited by thousands of pilgrims.

*In Lebanon I visited a statue of the Virgin Mary in a small chapel. This statue of the Virgin opens and closes her eyes slowly. When this statue was first found to do this, they built a larger church nearby to put the statue in as the small chapel could not cope with the large number of pilgrims that would come from all over the world to see the statue. Many times they have moved the statue from the chapel into the church, yet every time they do, the statue re-appears back in the chapel. Both Chapel and Church are locked overnight, so the Priests cannot explain how this has happened.

*At Saint Charbels in Lebanon, I drank from a vase of water that did not run out. No seriously, it does not stop praying. It's only a small vase and me and the group I was with drank from it and it surely would have finished given it's size, but no, this one did not.

What do all these have to do with God? I'm sure you can draw the link there.
Next I move on to LGBT kids who may not have come out yet and are in quite a precious situation. They could be religious kids, who are extremely confused, worried, in dilemma, depressed and in a bad mental way. What benefit is there from Folau's statement? Given he's a public figure, it's made public news, the media jumped on the first tweet. It was all over the place. How is this going to affect a kid who is part of a minority group that has 4 to 5 times the suicide rate of their peers?

You could be saying if he's a religious kid he can turn away from sin and live a life of chastity. However this also causes problems at the end of the road. Victoria has recently banned "conversion therapy" because it's shown to do more harm then good. On one side we have plenty of data/studies that suggest the Christian path, that you and folau are describing, is quote obviously doing damage to LGBT mental health. At what stage do you think to yourself that this is wrong, that your "free speech" judgement of other's being is causing damage, that the people you're trying to "save" are taking in your words as hate speech and given they are a minority who have been discriminated against, that their mental health continues to suffer.
Israel is NOT trying to attribute to suicide. As I have said before, the reason these children are more likely to go down this path is because they are bullied and ridiculed at school. That is simply not fair on them. Israel however is not bullying these children, he is telling everyone to repent. He is looking at the big picture, at what happens after life. How else is he meant to preach to them? Now if these individuals are not religious and do not believe in God, then what Israel is saying is something they can quite simply ignore.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Faith is always "in" something, I have faith in my doctor or coach or car.

Faith is always based on evidence lest it be speculation.

I look at the evidence of the soul and the mind (unseen, unmeasurable, yet evident), the fine tuning of the universe, irreducible complexity, Jesus as a historical figure, the concepts of scripture vs truth, the (personal) evidence of the Holy Spirit....etc, to name a few things (there is a lot more) that my faith is based on.

It is a lot easier (in science) to come to the conclusion that a intelligent designer exists then then to hold to atheism.

My faith is based on evidence, and it's reasonable for me to trust in the validity of that evidence.
It's refreshing to have a conversation about something meaningful, in a respectful way, rather than just being attacked by Rod and some of the other characters around here.

Totally respect everything you've just written, and I find it very easy to relate to someone's thinking that there is some sort of greater power outside of us that none of us are able to put our finger on, but that which all of us have some unconcious or semi concious awareness of. Whether that be represented by Islam or Christianity or Judiasm or Hinduism or something else.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Some people have faith, some people have knowledge. There have been many miracles which have happened throughout the world that have given people this knowledge, and it's no coincidence that these miracles are all related to individuals who have faith. I'm not saying EVERY MIRACLE has happened is linked to it, but many of them are.

*In Lebanon, I visited a statue of the Virgin Mary that cried tears of blood. This statue was visited by thousands of pilgrims.

*In Lebanon I visited a statue of the Virgin Mary in a small chapel. This statue of the Virgin opens and closes her eyes slowly. When this statue was first found to do this, they built a larger church nearby to put the statue in as the small chapel could not cope with the large number of pilgrims that would come from all over the world to see the statue. Many times they have moved the statue from the chapel into the church, yet every time they do, the statue re-appears back in the chapel. Both Chapel and Church are locked overnight, so the Priests cannot explain how this has happened.

*At Saint Charbels in Lebanon, I drank from a vase of water that did not run out. No seriously, it does not stop praying. It's only a small vase and me and the group I was with drank from it and it surely would have finished given it's size, but no, this one did not.

Well there you go, I'm a believer now!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seriously not even going to bother

Israel is NOT trying to attribute to suicide. As I have said before, the reason these children are more likely to go down this path is because they are bullied and ridiculed at school. That is simply not fair on them. Israel however is not bullying these children, he is telling everyone to repent. He is looking at the big picture, at what happens after life. How else is he meant to preach to them? Now if these individuals are not religious and do not believe in God, then what Israel is saying is something they can quite simply ignore.
You still don't get it. Every little word, action, comment, etc adds up. They have a unified effect. Instead of being pounded with just one comment, people are pounded with a whole barrage of comments from many different areas of their lives.

Furthermore, folau is a role model, the "bullies" are going to pick up on what folau (a role model) said and use it against those in the target denomination.

And as far as YOU telling them how THEY should feel:-

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...olling-moment-on-q-and-a-20190625-p520w0.html

Asked how Folau’s comments affected gay people, Rugg calmly cut to the chase: "How do they make me feel? They make me feel sick. They make me feel tired."

Rugg returned again and again to the key point: here she was, on national television, being invited to take part in a civilised debate about whether she and her like should be condemned to burn for eternity.

"I feel like we have been doing Q&A for, what, four minutes now, and already we’ve had several people repeat the claim that someone like me is going to hell unless I repent or there is something vague about me needing to be saved and that was an act of kindness for someone to say that I would need to be saved ... as if these words don’t mean things. And they don’t do things."

This is where we’re at.

But just ignore it wahesh and firmly plant in your mind her opinion doesn't matter, she should be told what to feel by folau and you, she should understand that it's coming from a place of "love". Bullshit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Israel doesn't have a family. When he was 9 his family were brutally slaughtered in Congo.
Don't let Israel go hungry.
Just $20 a week can feed his tummy and give him the medicine he needs.

Donate Now: https://www.acl.org.au/donate_izzy

11AM today: $701,312.00 raised
2:24PM today: $775,878.77 raised

I bet half those donations are from NRL fans and Greenberg/Beattie trying to kill off RA :D

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well there you go, I'm a believer now!!!!!!!!!!! I'm seriously not even going to bother

You still don't get it. Every little word, action, comment, etc adds up. They have a unified effect. Instead of being pounded with just one comment, people are pounded with a whole barrage of comments from many different areas of their lives.

Furthermore, folau is a role model, the "bullies" are going to pick up on what folau (a role model) said and use it against those in the target denomination.

And as far as YOU telling them how THEY should feel:-

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...olling-moment-on-q-and-a-20190625-p520w0.html

Asked how Folau’s comments affected gay people, Rugg calmly cut to the chase: "How do they make me feel? They make me feel sick. They make me feel tired."

Rugg returned again and again to the key point: here she was, on national television, being invited to take part in a civilised debate about whether she and her like should be condemned to burn for eternity.

"I feel like we have been doing Q&A for, what, four minutes now, and already we’ve had several people repeat the claim that someone like me is going to hell unless I repent or there is something vague about me needing to be saved and that was an act of kindness for someone to say that I would need to be saved ... as if these words don’t mean things. And they don’t do things."

This is where we’re at.

But just ignore it wahesh and firmly plant in your mind her opinion doesn't matter, she should be told what to feel by folau and you, she should understand that it's coming from a place of "love". Bullshit.
As I've said you to before, how else is Folau meant to get his message across? If someone told me that my sexual orientation was wrong for whatever reason, the last thing it would make me do is kill myself.

You say that it all adds up, I don't think it is the deciding factor though, the kids who bully them have an effect, why aren't you attacking them? Why aren't you attacking the media for all the attention they're giving the case? But no no no, you follow the public opinion because you can't think for yourself. You're taking the easy way out. You can live in denial all you want, but the fact of the matter is, what Israel is saying is NOT resulting in these kids committing suicide, he is spreading his message, and if you don't believe what he says, it shouldn't result in you killing yourself.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speaking of miracles. Have you seen the floating tap out the front of ripplies on the gold coast. That would be up there too

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Check it out my man.. google it..I’m trolling a bit..:D
You can use my old heart, I think it was divine intervention keeping me alive and when the professors finish examining it and me, maybe there will be proof? But science just might write it off as "inconclusive" or a "one off". You can call it "The heart of an Assassin" lol.

Proof or not I just hope some good comes out from it to help others.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can use my old heart, I think it was divine intervention keeping me alive and when the professors finish examining it and me, maybe there will be proof? But science just might write it off as "inconclusive" or a "one off". You can call it "The heart of an Assassin" lol.

Proof or not I just hope some good comes out from it to help others.
God is a personal relationship brother..proof isn’t always needed..:blush:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Israel doesn't have a family. When he was 9 his family were brutally slaughtered in Congo.
Don't let Israel go hungry.
Just $20 a week can feed his tummy and give him the medicine he needs.

Donate Now: https://www.acl.org.audonate_izzy/

11AM today: $701,312.00 raised
2:24PM today: $775,878.77 raised

I bet half those donations are from NRL fans and Greenberg/Beattie trying to kill off RA :D
For some reason I watched the video. What a ****.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As I've said you to before, how else is Folau meant to get his message across? If someone told me that my sexual orientation was wrong for whatever reason, the last thing it would make me do is kill myself.

You say that it all adds up, I don't think it is the deciding factor though, the kids who bully them have an effect, why aren't you attacking them? Why aren't you attacking the media for all the attention they're giving the case? But no no no, you follow the public opinion because you can't think for yourself. You're taking the easy way out. You can live in denial all you want, but the fact of the matter is, what Israel is saying is NOT resulting in these kids committing suicide, he is spreading his message, and if you don't believe what he says, it shouldn't result in you killing yourself.
See now this is getting into the lack of common decency stage.

1. Safe schools - was created to combat bullying in schools. Your sick disgusting twisted lot made it about sex when it was anything but about sex and forced to try and get it shut down. Own your responsibility. Only Victoria had the balls to stand up and say they were 100% funding it because saving lives was more important than the lies bigots were spewing

2. Same Sex marriage plebiscite - It was pleaded with Malcolm Turnubull to not let this happen, that government should just bite the bullet and let government do it's job (have a vote on it). Especially when question time in parliament allows the querying of introduced bills for legislation. But nah we had to gave your sick twisted lot a public say, to say all the evil, lying shit they could about the LGBT community.

3. Folau knows hes a public figure, he knows that his words are going to get attention, he knows he has thousands of followers on instagram. His putting up that instragram post was to send a public message that the LGBT are evil and sinners. again your sick disgusting twisted lot wanting to judge others

Let's make this abundantly clear, in all 3 cases above the christian community has been the major force attacking the LGBT community. Not "love", ATTACKING.

The LGBT have not initiated any attacks on christians, they've reacted yes, but they did not go out of their way to attack religious people. It's your lot who are going out of their way to ATTACK them. You can't even own your responsibility about the shit coming out of your sides mouths and then you lot DARE to complain about "freedom of speech" and "discrimination against christians". H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S!

I've even posted a quote from a lesbian woman and you're telling her how she should be feeling. Sally Rugg:-

“I am not going to repeat Folau’s words,” she said. “But he made a disgusting comment about transgender children.

“That comment doesn’t exist in a vacuum. That comment exists in a reality where if you’re a teenager in Australia who’s transgender, you have a one in two chance of attempting suicide.”

She then hit out at the Morrison government’s plans to introduce a Religious Discrimination Act, which she believes would give rise to hate speech.

“The words that Folau uses about gay Australians — people like me — they exist in a context where the Morrison government is looking at whether people really care or not that religious schools can exclude LGBTI teachers and students,” she said.

“How do they make me feel? They make me feel — they make me feel a bit sick, they make me feel tired.

“I feel confused as to why in 2019 we are having this sort of esoteric discussion about whether it is really harmful for these words to just sort of be bandied about in our society.”

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Check it out my man.. google it..I’m trolling a bit..:D
Who are you to say or not say theres a tea pot caught in the earths orbit?

You cannot see or prove it, therefore you must suspend your judgement, have blind faith and just believe the teapot exists!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who are you to say or not say theres a tea pot caught in the earths orbit?

You cannot see or prove it, therefore you must suspend your judgement, have blind faith and just believe the teapot exists!
Lol.. Praise the Teapot

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
God is a personal relationship brother..proof isn’t always needed..:blush:
That's how I see it bro. I don't force my belief on anyone but if they are interested I will educate them.

I wouldn't open with if you're bad you end up in hell lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
See now this is getting into the lack of common decency stage.

1. Safe schools - was created to combat bullying in schools. Your sick disgusting twisted lot made it about sex when it was anything but about sex and forced to try and get it shut down. Own your responsibility. Only Victoria had the balls to stand up and say they were 100% funding it because saving lives was more important than the lies bigots were spewing

2. Same Sex marriage plebiscite - It was pleaded with Malcolm Turnubull to not let this happen, that government should just bite the bullet and let government do it's job (have a vote on it). Especially when question time in parliament allows the querying of introduced bills for legislation. But nah we had to gave your sick twisted lot a public say, to say all the evil, lying shit they could about the LGBT community.

3. Folau knows hes a public figure, he knows that his words are going to get attention, he knows he has thousands of followers on instagram. His putting up that instragram post was to send a public message that the LGBT are evil and sinners. again your sick disgusting twisted lot wanting to judge others

Let's make this abundantly clear, in all 3 cases above the christian community has been the major force attacking the LGBT community. Not "love", ATTACKING.

The LGBT have not initiated any attacks on christians, they've reacted yes, but they did not go out of their way to attack religious people. It's your lot who are going out of their way to ATTACK them. You can't even own your responsibility about the shit coming out of your sides mouths and then you lot DARE to complain about "freedom of speech" and "discrimination against christians". H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S!

I've even posted a quote from a lesbian woman and you're telling her how she should be feeling. Sally Rugg:-

“I am not going to repeat Folau’s words,” she said. “But he made a disgusting comment about transgender children.

“That comment doesn’t exist in a vacuum. That comment exists in a reality where if you’re a teenager in Australia who’s transgender, you have a one in two chance of attempting suicide.”

She then hit out at the Morrison government’s plans to introduce a Religious Discrimination Act, which she believes would give rise to hate speech.

“The words that Folau uses about gay Australians — people like me — they exist in a context where the Morrison government is looking at whether people really care or not that religious schools can exclude LGBTI teachers and students,” she said.

“How do they make me feel? They make me feel — they make me feel a bit sick, they make me feel tired.

“I feel confused as to why in 2019 we are having this sort of esoteric discussion about whether it is really harmful for these words to just sort of be bandied about in our society.”
Fkn lol what a lot of bullshit in one post.

You sick twisted lot?

Christian community major force attacking?

There are uninformed, pompous factions talking shit disguised as religious people. The majority of us live and let live and don't buy into this fucking crap.

Talk about dumb **** generalization... that's why I can't take your posts or you seriously. Using your fucked up logic, all Muslims are terrorists, all Jews are power/money hungry and atheist cocksuckers are just bored cut ***** that love to blame God (that you don't believe in) for their fucked up lives.

I dropped to your level to show how your fucking uneducated, God hating agenda is.

Status
Not open for further replies.