News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Australian Christian Lobby has now joined and they have said they will handle the fundraising for Folau. Man I’m loving this... I am really loving this. It appears that society is throwing everything at Folau yet he doesn’t care, and stands by his faith. Good on you Izzy!

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Australian Christian Lobby has now joined and they have said they will handle the fundraising for Folau. Man I’m loving this... I am really loving this. It appears that society is throwing everything at Folau yet he doesn’t care, and stands by his faith. Good on you Izzy!
But they may run out of money to pay the victims of their pedo priests....

Wahesh

Reaction score
But they may run out of money to pay the victims of their pedo priests....
Do you know that the Catholic Church condemns those 'Priests'? They are monsters hiding behind the guide of a collar. They are not priests, they are a disgrace and do not stand for what the church stands for. The minority ruin it for the majority.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know that the Catholic Church condemns those 'Priests'? They are monsters hiding behind the guide of a collar. They are not priests, they are a disgrace and do not stand for what the church stands for. The minority ruin it for the majority.
Haha. Yeah I'm sure they have never covered it up in the past mate. Thats why they have a squeaky clean history in Australia and the rest of the world. No problem here.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haha. Yeah I'm sure they have never covered it up in the past mate. Thats why they have a squeaky clean history in Australia and the rest of the world. No problem here.
Like I said, minority ruin it for the majority. You think if it was the other way around there wouldn't be any whistle-blowers??

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
has there ever been a situation where the church got someone and then turned him into police?

usually they hide them by moving them somewhere else

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
has there ever been a situation where the church got someone and then turned him into police?

usually they hide them by moving them somewhere else
Spot on. How many convictions world wide was it for these lone wolves. Haha

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The ACL comes to the rescue, good old lyle shelton who two weeks ago was pictured hanging out with neo-nazis

The company you keep and all that......

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
No mention of Sarah Hanson Young's gofundme despite her 6 figure income.

I have no issues with anyone forming an argument that Folau is possibly greedy and shouldn't be asking for money given he's made so much (and I actually had this opinion when I first heard about his gofundme).

But at least be consistent if you're going to take issue with Folau, then I would expect you to have taken issue with all the other gofundme's that have been setup for already wealthy people.

Wahesh

Reaction score
The ACL comes to the rescue, good old lyle shelton who two weeks ago was pictured hanging out with neo-nazis

The company you keep and all that......
They want to help him... what's the big deal?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
*My faith is a rational faith, it's based on evidence..
Can I respectfully ask how you describe your faith? This seems pretty nonsensical to me because if you have evidence of the existence of something (for example), then it's no longer faith.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Too many people in this discussion simply stick to their ideological side and then mock the other side, which does nothing for anyone.

I'll be the first to state that the catholic church has done some horrific things in relation to dealing with priests who offended against small and defenceless children. If you can find any positives out of the whole situation, it's that (as far as I'm aware) all of the cases that have been in the media in the last few years, relate to offending which took place 20/30/40 years ago. I don't think there are any recent allegations (on any systemic level).

See - it's not that hard to think for yourself and be an individual. You don't have to just dig in your heels and blindly support a company/person/religion/social issue simply because you are on one side of politics.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They want to help him... what's the big deal?
Lyle Shelton hangs out with neo-nazis and calls them good men. Folau is well within his right to accept donations from Lyle Shelton's ACL, personally I wouldn't want to be associated with that kind of drop kick.

As the sayings go, "the company you keep"......

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many people in this discussion simply stick to their ideological side and then mock the other side, which does nothing for anyone.

I'll be the first to state that the catholic church has done some horrific things in relation to dealing with priests who offended against small and defenceless children. If you can find any positives out of the whole situation, it's that (as far as I'm aware) all of the cases that have been in the media in the last few years, relate to offending which took place 20/30/40 years ago. I don't think there are any recent allegations (on any systemic level).

See - it's not that hard to think for yourself and be an individual. You don't have to just dig in your heels and blindly support a company/person/religion/social issue simply because you are on one side of politics.
Can you stop this shit, honestly? ideological side, you're one of the most biased here.

Your arguments are bordering on word for word the shit Andrew bolt spews out

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

so criticising the church for covering up pedophilia is your example of individual thinking, putting aside politics and conceding?

I thought it was a universal thing tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.