The Family Club That Keeps Falling Apart

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How TK get wound up over this crap.

Paul Kent has never run a business nor for that matter probably even sat on a committee or board. He is hardly a person of business acumen that anyone should listen to.

The fact that we have sub committees is actually a positive thing. This is how smart business is run. Its akin to how most successful large businesses is run. That is, you have a CEO with General Managers that head up "Sub committees" of departments like Finance, Marketing, IT, HR, Legal, Admin & Customer Service. You have dedicated staff focusing on 1 aspect of the business that reports back to the General Managers who in turn reports back into the CEO and represents their department on a board.

On top of this, i have sat on numerous committees and can assure you that there are always differences in opinion.

Paul Kent is nothing more than a Journalist with NFI on how to run a business or organisation. You can tell this by the way his piece says "They've got the board - and they've got their staff - but then within that they've also get all these sub-committees. They've got finance committees and all this business" You idiot Kent. This is how business should be run!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This was an article written to amuse Roosters supporters.

Just a load of shit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
One can stick their head in the sand and believe that everything is peachy and there are no problems.... however I can tell you that I heard a lot of what's reported in this article weeks ago from various (and wide) sources.

It's not an isolated one person pushing an agenda, but rather issues that will continue to plague the club.

Are people not wondering why we are struggling to attract talent when there are so many players on offer? Are people not wondering about how when we apparently have no money we are signing capable players?

Is every claim about us chasing players (and then missing out on them) wrong? Or is there something going on at the club which is turning away potential players and player managers??

Is it possible that certain player managers have been turned off the club by things going on?

He’s a member of the recruitment committee, which includes Mark Hughes. Given that Pay’s future at the Club looks bleak, how can they go any other way?
Keep you powder dry, there will be some great advances over the next 6 months.
Board member John Khoury was given responsibility for the juniors. When Andrew Patmore was sacked last month a subcommittee was formed to find his replacement.
Hill, Pay and Khoury were supposed to be the subcommittee. Anderson removed Khoury to take the place himself.
Mark Hughes, a superb scout with a keen eye, was reappointed to run recruitment but much of what he does remains answerable to Anderson, who was in the meeting with Kiraz and his manager.

Why is the most qualified person at the club getting involved a problem?
Control freak? Micromanager? I don't know.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One can stick their head in the sand and believe that everything is peachy and there are no problems.... however I can tell you that I heard a lot of what's reported in this article weeks ago from various (and wide) sources.

It's not an isolated one person pushing an agenda, but rather issues that will continue to plague the club.

Are people not wondering why we are struggling to attract talent when there are so many players on offer? Are people not wondering about how when we apparently have no money we are signing capable players?

Is every claim about us chasing players (and then missing out on them) wrong? Or is there something going on at the club which is turning away potential players and player managers??

Is it possible that certain player managers have been turned off the club by things going on?
Are you really taking a Kent article hook line and sinker? The club has been linked with players for years and most don’t happen so I don’t really see a difference now. Attracting new talent is going to be a problem but blowing your load early when nothing can be announced until November at the earliest is ridiculous.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Are you really taking a Kent article hook line and sinker? The club has been linked with players for years and most don’t happen so I don’t really see a difference now. Attracting new talent is going to be a problem but blowing your load early when nothing can be announced until November at the earliest is ridiculous.
No, I'm saying that I think in this instance Kent has been fed creditable information from someone inside the club who is fed up with how things are taking shape.... and by getting this article out there, perhaps it's a warning shot to shake the trees and force change.

If that makes sense.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, I'm saying that I think in this instance Kent has been fed creditable information from someone inside the club who is fed up with how things are taking shape.... and by getting this article out there, perhaps it's a warning shot to shake the trees and force change.

If that makes sense.
Believe Kent at your own peril is all I’ll say.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Summary: Anderson is getting too involved in everything at the club and needs to back the fuck off and let people do their job.

Said ages ago it's the Anderson show at the moment...and jobs for mates.
Yeh, I must admit I never saw this coming, but you are spot on Mr I

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If you believe what the telegraph writes. You are usually among those saying they're full of crap.

This is all coming from information you've read in the media. Might as well be reading tea leaves.
Hi mate, but I can genuinely confirm that Mr I is correct.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Nepotism is the worst criteria for job selection.

The board should have been selected on merit based on Bullfrogs principles..
the board was selected based on the votes of bulldogs members

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Believe Kent at your own peril is all I’ll say.
I'd believe Kent over Rothfield, Wiedler, the Mole and The Lurker, albeit that's not the greatest endorsement ever.

Brent Read, Pete Badel, and Michael Chammas are the three blokes who have pretty decent strike rates and are normally on the money.

Chammas was one of few who reported the DWZ signing that nobody saw coming.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How TK get wound up over this crap.

Paul Kent has never run a business nor for that matter probably even sat on a committee or board. He is hardly a person of business acumen that anyone should listen to.

The fact that we have sub committees is actually a positive thing. This is how smart business is run. Its akin to how most successful large businesses is run. That is, you have a CEO with General Managers that head up "Sub committees" of departments like Finance, Marketing, IT, HR, Legal, Admin & Customer Service. You have dedicated staff focusing on 1 aspect of the business that reports back to the General Managers who in turn reports back into the CEO and represents their department on a board.

On top of this, i have sat on numerous committees and can assure you that there are always differences in opinion.

Paul Kent is nothing more than a Journalist with NFI on how to run a business or organisation. You can tell this by the way his piece says "They've got the board - and they've got their staff - but then within that they've also get all these sub-committees. They've got finance committees and all this business" You idiot Kent. This is how business should be run!
When i was watching this i was thinking he was totally contradicting himself on one hand saying you cant run a club with 1 person doing it all these days then saying we have all this committees which you need these days

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When i was watching this i was thinking he was totally contradicting himself on one hand saying you cant run a club with 1 person doing it all these days then saying we have all this committees which you need these days
Kent is a moron. We all know he reads this forum and by way of that, Paul Kent.... Your a dumb koont!

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
So you think recruiting Stimson from next year, plus releasing Saddler and recruiting DWZ enabling him to play the next game for us was "hopeless" ....... interesting.

Go Dogs
All Anderson signings

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the anti Anderson people on TK must be Liberal supporters because all the Liberals are good for is attacking Labor but offer nothing else in order to win the elections.
Those who are continually attacking the Anderson's and the current board who have only been in the job for less than 18 months and inherited an absolute mess, no doubt do so in order to get their own favorites on the board.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Are people not wondering why we are struggling to attract talent when there are so many players on offer?
I'm pretty sure I saw a new player, a pretty decent one play for us last game. What was his name ............................. DWZ that's it. I'm also pretty sure we have a recently signed contract for Stimson for next year. That's 2 pretty good players in the last few weeks, signed, sealed with 1 already delivered.

Are people not wondering about how when we apparently have no money we are signing capable players?
Perhaps some are "wondering", but others have used their calculators and worked out that we had ~5% spare (as the Cap allows) plus we signed Napa for less than Klemmer. Leaving around $700k available for this year, which is more than enough to sign DWZ for half a year. Plus we released Saddler to spare up one of the 30 roster spots. For next year we have 7 players off contract so again absolutely no problem fitting Stimson in the Cap for next year.

Is every claim about us chasing players (and then missing out on them) wrong?
Every claim is just that, a claim, who knows what is true in the land of fake journalism.

Or is there something going on at the club which is turning away potential players and player managers??
We have signed 2 players, that's a definite, who we missed out on is pure speculation.

More likely that they are holding out for more money, for them and their players, and waiting until contracts can be signed for 2021 when they know we have a large amount of spare Cap to spend.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Corrected for accuracy.
All the anti Anderson people on TK must be Greens supporters because all the Greens are good for is attacking Liberals but offer nothing else in order to win the elections.
Go Dogs

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
the board was selected based on the votes of bulldogs members
Well the bulldog members based it on nepotism. Dumb criteria.

Time to kick them to the kerb.

Replace the board with people that actually have passion for the club such as people like us on the kennel