Players we should be targeting for our rebuild

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
They need to:

1. Nail an upcoming or quality 9 and be prepared to spend up to $770k or 8% of our cap. Brandon Smith would come well under that budget.

2. look for Foran’s replacement. We don’t have a good 6 (or 7) in our stocks right now. That’s $770k or 8% of our cap. Munster would be a good recruit. We can carry one of Lewis, Cogger, Wakeham / whomever comes good.

3 clean out the backline. That means floppa, toyota, holland etc are out. I’m not sure if persisting with Meaney will get us anywhere anymore: looks like another todd polglase. DWZ, Okunbur, Reimis in. That leaves us to recruit a gun centre and a fullback. $1.5 million odd spend here or 16% of our cap. I’m thinking Joseph Manu and Tommy Turbo equiv.

4. Clean out the pack. Tolman, Jacko gone. Use that money and find some hungry forwards. I would keep Napa and CHN.

The club is confused. It should have carried out this clean out when the board swept into power. It’s not that hard. The club has to be competitive to survive.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We need to recruit good wholesome country boys from country NSW. Ones that perk up Pays nipples with delight when they take the field.

Second Rowers and Props ... that's all we need.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Foran won’t be here if he is we won’t get him cheaper SO THATS 3 $1M+ Players
Foran is worth ~500k, no one will be paying him 1M, no club..

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They need to:

1. Nail an upcoming or quality 9 and be prepared to spend up to $770k or 8% of our cap. Brandon Smith would come well under that budget.

2. look for Foran’s replacement. We don’t have a good 6 (or 7) in our stocks right now. That’s $770k or 8% of our cap. Munster would be a good recruit. We can carry one of Lewis, Cogger, Wakeham / whomever comes good.

3 clean out the backline. That means floppa, toyota, holland etc are out. I’m not sure if persisting with Meaney will get us anywhere anymore: looks like another todd polglase. DWZ, Okunbur, Reimis in. That leaves us to recruit a gun centre and a fullback. $1.5 million odd spend here or 16% of our cap. I’m thinking Joseph Manu and Tommy Turbo equiv.

4. Clean out the pack. Tolman, Jacko gone. Use that money and find some hungry forwards. I would keep Napa and CHN.

The club is confused. It should have carried out this clean out when the board swept into power. It’s not that hard. The club has to be competitive to survive.
Munster for $770k a year? Try double that.
Also no chance in hell you get a turbo and manu for $1.5mil, we'd need to offer Turbo close to that alone if we want to lure him away from Manly.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Munster for $770k a year? Try double that.
Also no chance in hell you get a turbo and manu for $1.5mil, we'd need to offer Turbo close to that alone if we want to lure him away from Manly.
We can not waste a lot of money on one player, yes I get we’re going to be paying overs on someone but we need the right price not a ridiculous Amount

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can not waste a lot of money on one player, yes I get we’re going to be paying overs on someone but we need the right price not a ridiculous Amount
That's obvious but there's no way us or anytime are getting those players at those prices

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id be surprised if manly could be competitive with the turbo bros with dce/marty t on big coin surely we will have a massive crack $1.8 for both you can build a team around them

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These are players who I realistically think we could potentially get the next 2 years who would help us grow.

Kyle Flanagan
Jayden Brailey
Kurt Capewell
Briton Nikora
Esan Marsters
David Nofoaluma
Brodie Croft
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Adam Doueihi
Kotoni Staggs
Apisai Koroisau
Jordan Pereira

Which players do you think we should realistically target?
Forgot the
Manly BroS for a trade of Foran

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope the board are smart enough to be keeping an ear out for players that are decent, under contract and maybe their club needs to move them on due to salary cap restrictions etc.

Looking at off contract players there's not a massive number of good players around for next year tbh.
That hope is in your dreams

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Expect Manly if they can even fit him in
Then we have to let him go, not worth anymore with his injury record. We can laugh at Manly when he plays half a season.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Then we have to let him go, not worth anymore with his injury record. We can laugh at Manly when he plays half a season.
Besides Des wants him besides we need that million dollars to spend on a marquee halve