Our future 6 and 7

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was not your traditional HB, but had a superb kicking game and always the first player to make a tackle off his kick, defence was great, took the line on and was always in support off a break or half break.

Head n shoulders above any half we have had since him
Yeah I think he was very underrated

Abu Dhabi Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
That 2012 squad was absolutely brilliant in terms of a balanced squad.

The Dogs will not be seeing a balanced squad like that for a very very very long time

Time to call Kevin Moore in for some recruiting.....

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes been thrown in too early for my liking.

These really young blokes need to be partnered by another experienced halve.
Maybe but his holding his own though he got injured as a result.. similar to wakemans step up to Reggie's.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cos Napa cost a stupid amount of coin and was in no way the type of signing we needed to make. I literally said when we signed him that he would make no difference to where we finished and have been completely justified by our current position.

Keating offered value for money and could execute his role within a system, something none of our current squad currently do for reasons that may or may not be beyond their control.
Too many of our more recent signings have been for political/panic reasons.

Napa fits squarely in that camp.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Keating is underrated imo, he was a solid cog in our 2012 system.
Great support player. I still hated him though lol. Helped Kimmorley was halves coach at the time... and now we have no one.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Napa fits squarely in that camp.
Given our overall position in hindsight we shouldnt have signed anyone for Klemmer and just fixed out cap issues and blood the younger guys. Result would be pretty much the same.

Reddog

New Pup
Reaction score
The way it looks We Need to wait 9 years till Shiftys kid is old enough..
Would love to see a player like him again.
Keating did a good job in 2012.....but not a career first grader.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also Okunbor is a chance to return this week end I hope so we need it

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Chanel Harris? Would come cheap and has some skills

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think we should invest in Lewis. Can’t have cogger and Lewis in the halves though. Will wakes and Lewis work?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
i really feel there is a lack of depth in the nrl these days with elite halves... I don’t see who the dogs could sign to build around their squad... I’d hate for us to purchase all our signings but then not have game winning halves... just like in 2012 we had a good squad that set the comp alight but then had josh Reynolds at 6, and Keating at 7....
Our halves talent pool has been piss poor for nearly 20 years.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That 2012 squad was absolutely brilliant in terms of a balanced squad.

The Dogs will not be seeing a balanced squad like that for a very very very long time

Time to call Kevin Moore in for some recruiting.....
Interesting point, I'm sure Kevin has a bit of a say in our rebuild considering he works every day with the people who are rebuilding the club...

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Napa is not consistent, bloke is dead average. Fat fuck that is only good for recklessly attempting tackles that on the rare occasion actually come off. We're dead last so it's a complete failure, Napa was a panic signing at few of us said that at the time. We're fucking derps for taking him off the Roosters hands.

And again you completely miss the point. Keating contributed well within the side because he executed his role within the system at a price that allowed for us to splash out big in other areas. This was good value and this is why his contributions were underrated on here.

He is telling you a player like Keating
This value for money half couldn’t win us a comp because he was exactly that a budget half

This is a position we should be looking for value for money bargains

We need to spend big on our spine.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Your trying to be funny but your not champ!

If you don’t like Napa wtf is your thoughts on tolman lol
Tolman is a workhorse.

He is not your eater metre like Klemmer nor is he an enforcer like your Chief Harragon or Mark Carroll.

I would also put him as the Cameron Smith's of hookers compared to that clueless, heartless spud which goes by the name of Michael Lichaa

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is a workhorse.

He is not your eater metre like Klemmer nor is he an enforcer like your Chief Harragon or Mark Carroll.

I would also put him as the Cameron Smith's of hookers compared to that clueless, heartless spud which goes by the name of Michael Lichaa
Mate he is neither a work horse meter eater or chief, he’s a piece of shit that I’m ashamed plays for our club... you bag out Napa but then dare to give tolman a compliment.... smh

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate he is neither a work horse meter eater or chief, he’s a piece of shit that I’m ashamed plays for our club... you bag out Napa but then dare to give tolman a compliment.... smh
Tolman 4 years ago was a much much better player and was faster in everything he did, now he is too slow in play the ball, doesn't run on to the ball hard enough, has no sting in his defense and kills momentum on tackle 4 all the time. Sadly I think his time is nearly up. Even Nappa can add value but not as the pack leader like Klem or similar. Nappa needs a couple of Greg Eastwood, Frank Pritchard types around him to fire him up as a rotating bench 20 mins at a time enforcer with 1 job, run like a madman and smash blokes in defense until gassed and then come off for a spell.