News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
If this is in reference to the logic example I gave, that was in reference to folau not you.

So you're keeping these rational reasons hidden so the rest of us can burn in hell? Or is it just that they truly are emotive reasons and not actually rational.

You're using a 2000 yr old book as justification. A 2000 yr old book which has had some of its historical anecdotes disproven by archeology

To quote these "woke" people "feelings arent facts". You linked a whole bunch of Christian articles with no data based studies to back up your stance. Me taking those christian articles into consideration is akin to giving flat earthers validity.

Your belief is based on faith, that's it. Theres no data, no evidence, nothing to prove it.

And no the bible is not proof.

No I didnt. I referenced it in my reply to your post where you mentioned it. I also stated that you seem to "brush off" the mental consequences for the LGBT community.

Yeh see I dont believe that you have a homosexual brother. Let's just leave this out of this discussion.

Then why would you take folaus side? A number of posters suggested a different message folau could have put up, you even put up your own version. That was a zillion times better than the garbage folau put up.

As I stated earlier, if someone actively came up to you and asked about christian beliefs about homosexuality, by all means answer them honestly and truthfully, I'd give my 100% support. The difference was folau set out to judge others and question other peoples life. He simplified the mental anguish that LGBT people suffer through life as a simple "choice",ie these people choose to sin and enjoy sinning and turning away from god.

It's an absolutely shit message and he copped the backlash he deserves.
I'll pray for you.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was trying to get you to comment on the idea that a kid who has committed a violent and politically related act is praised and supported with a gofundme page.

Whilst gofundme seems to take a stricter view on someone who has committed no crime, nor has he physically assaulted anyone.

It seems unusual that gofundme are putting themselves out there as very socially aware, yet seem to be ok with acts of violence during an election campaign?

Also, why was the media ok with an the egg boy kid getting a gofundme page - but not ok with Israel Folau? Does the indicate the media are biased towards one side of politics?
GoFundMe v's NRL = Lodge v's Folau .
Same Same.

Perhaps ask Toddy/Beattie for their insight into such terrible hypocrisy .. lol

~c.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like tit for tat and I enjoy a good spirited debate where everyone can voice their opinion without threats or silly comments.

But can I just point out that this sentence is entirely nonsensical. If your beliefs are based on evidence, then there is certainly no faith required lol.
Lol, well said.

I ask you though, can faith grow?

Can your faith in say, a aeroplane grow, or in a surgeon, or in a coach or team.

Faith is not a path to evidence (as that is mere speculation), but rather faith is a result of evidence.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The surrounding sections specifically refer to things, then it jumps to the social media policy. I'd just say it's poorly written because Section 1 is "Players".
Yep. But they're considered players even when they're not playing the game. It's just the way they're differentiated from officials and staff.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, well said.

Can your faith in say, a aeroplane grow, or in a surgeon, or in a coach or team.

Faith is not a path to evidence (as that is mere speculation), but rather faith is a result of evidence.
I would think the opposite. Faith can grow but a developing faith based on evidence is replacing faith with trust based on experience.

For example, if you fly with a pilot and you know nothing about that pilot, then you have a small level of trust but a large level of faith. If you find out that the pilot is one of the best pilots there is then you're replacing faith with trust.

That's why I always find it odd that anti-theists attack faith by saying "where's your evidence". If they had evidence it wouldn't be faith.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I was trying to get you to comment on the idea that a kid who has committed a violent and politically related act is praised and supported with a gofundme page.

Whilst gofundme seems to take a stricter view on someone who has committed no crime, nor has he physically assaulted anyone.

It seems unusual that gofundme are putting themselves out there as very socially aware, yet seem to be ok with acts of violence during an election campaign?

Also, why was the media ok with an the egg boy kid getting a gofundme page - but not ok with Israel Folau? Does the indicate the media are biased towards one side of politics?
There was PLENTY of media condemnation of egg boy from right leaning media....even some from the centre and left.... just as there have been been plenty of right leaning op ed writers and broadcasters defending Folau....

I don’t know why one was removed and another wasn’t, maybe it does have something to do do with the ideology of the page’s owners.... but its terms are again clearly laid out on the page.... it seems Folau (and his team) have an ongoing problem of failure to read terms and conditions. In any case, you’d be best directing your questions about perceived double standards to the creators of the page.... it isn’t really my decision what is allowed to fly on there and what isn’t.

On the egg boy thing, I don’t think what he did was right or commendable, but he’s a young boy. Did you not ever do anything irresponsible when you were that age? Eggings were pretty commonplace when I was in high school and nobody was ever hurt by one. I even hurled a few myself on muck up day. Don’t you think all this bleating on about egg boy committing a shocking act of violence is a little hyperbolic and.... well, snowflakey?

As far as violent acts go, egg boy’s egg attack places pretty low on the spectrum. The police agree, which is why he was released without charge.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There was PLENTY of media condemnation of egg boy from right leaning media....even some from the centre and left.... just as there have been been plenty of right leaning op ed writers and broadcasters defending Folau....

I don’t know why one was removed and another wasn’t, maybe it does have something to do do with the ideology of the page’s owners.... but its terms are again clearly laid out on the page.... it seems Folau (and his team) have an ongoing problem of failure to read terms and conditions. In any case, you’d be best directing your questions about perceived double standards to the creators of the page.... it isn’t really my decision what is allowed to fly on there and what isn’t.

On the egg boy thing, I don’t think what he did was right or commendable, but he’s a young boy. Did you not ever do anything irresponsible when you were that age? Eggings were pretty commonplace when I was in high school and nobody was ever hurt by one. I even hurled a few myself on muck up day. Don’t you think all this bleating on about egg boy committing a shocking act of violence is a little hyperbolic and.... well, snowflakey?

As far as violent acts go, egg boy’s egg attack places pretty low on the spectrum. The police agree, which is why he was released without charge.
and he gave his proceeds to charity for the victims of the attack.

And Fraser Anning is?..... that's right, nowhere.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is in reference to the logic example I gave, that was in reference to folau not you.
*Thanks for clearing that up, I did misunderstand you there.

So you're keeping these rational reasons hidden so the rest of us can burn in hell? Or is it just that they truly are emotive reasons and not actually rational.

*I'm not keeping them hidden, it's more the forum rules do not permit an exhaustive religious conversation, and that would end up being a exhaustive conversation (I would happily discuss with you privately though - the evidence of my what my faith is based on, NOT a discussion of why you should believe.)

Also I don't have the same concept of Hell that you do, and I don't necessarily believe people will "burn" in Hell - again if you want to know more...

You're using a 2000 yr old book as justification. A 2000 yr old book which has had some of its historical anecdotes disproven by archeology

* Again not really the place, but I tend to disagree there.

To quote these "woke" people "feelings arent facts". You linked a whole bunch of Christian articles with no data based studies to back up your stance. Me taking those christian articles into consideration is akin to giving flat earthers validity.

* I agree in the foolishness in the structure of that mentioned post (that I posted). However that's not the post I was referring to in regards to my position on whether one is born gay.

Your belief is based on faith, that's it. Theres no data, no evidence, nothing to prove it.

And no the bible is not proof.

*Again I think there is a lot more evidence to suggest sustained intelligent design (as depicted in the Bible) then any other theory.... Again very long discussion that would need to be done privately out of respect to those who run the forum.

No I didnt. I referenced it in my reply to your post where you mentioned it. I also stated that you seem to "brush off" the mental consequences for the LGBT community.

Ok, again my bad, It would seem it was me who had the oversight.

Yeh see I dont believe that you have a homosexual brother. Let's just leave this out of this discussion.

*This (in my view) is relevant in such a conversation, but I can't make you believe anything I say, so if you feel you need to disregard and leave out, thats up to you.

Then why would you take folaus side? A number of posters suggested a different message folau could have put up, you even put up your own version. That was a zillion times better than the garbage folau put up.

*Because regardless of whether or not I like the way Folau has communicated (which I don't), the bible does teach that concept, to deny that would be to deny the very Word of God and therefore God himself.

As I stated earlier, if someone actively came up to you and asked about christian beliefs about homosexuality, by all means answer them honestly and truthfully, I'd give my 100% support. The difference was folau set out to judge others and question other peoples life. He simplified the mental anguish that LGBT people suffer through life as a simple "choice",ie these people choose to sin and enjoy sinning and turning away from god.

It's an absolutely shit message and he copped the backlash he deserves.

* I don't think Izzy is wise in the way he goes about evangelism (but who am I to talk about wisdom, as I've been foolish in my communication methods aswell).

I do believe that one can't "be" gay, but that homosexuality is simply a desire that is acted upon.

I seriously don't think Izzy's intention was to set out to Judge others, I think his intention was to inform people that he believes in "a transcendent Judge" as revealed through scripture.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol, well said.

My faith grew every time I was brought back to life, especially when science told me I should of been dead 2012, and the other 11 times I "should" of been dead. They are still working on my old heart (about 70% has been researched) to see how I survived for 5 years until I got the heart.

Also have faith that God works through people, He gave the professors and doctors the brains and heart to help people.

Like a Jewish professor told me, if my faith in God keeping me alive is non logical to some, it doesn't really matter as it works for me and my family.

Believe/don't believe in whatever you want, just show respect for innocent people and when it's due.

PS when you fight for you life, you don't give a fuck if the person helping you is gay or straight, believer or not or what colour their skin is. End of the day they all mean fuck all.

Last edited:

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

and he gave his proceeds to charity for the victims of the attack.

And Fraser Anning is?..... that's right, nowhere.
Spot the difference

Folau $3 million requested for what lawyers say shouldnt be more then $800k

Egg boy had $100k donated to him, he gave it all to the victims of christchurch

Folau supporters - freedom of religion, freeze peach!!!!!

Folau supporters (probably not all but I'd guess a fair chunk of them) - kick yasmin whateverhernameis out of Australia for her anzac day tweet!!!!! She was literally hounded out of the country.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
*I'm not keeping them hidden, it's more the forum rules do not permit an exhaustive religious conversation, and that would end up being a exhaustive conversation (I would happily discuss with you privately though - the evidence of my what my faith is based on, NOT a discussion of why you should believe.)

Also I don't have the same concept of Hell that you do, and I don't necessarily believe people will "burn" in Hell - again if you want to know more
I actively left religion and left a belief in god behind me. I thoroughly searched at the time because it scared the shit out of me to be wrong about not believing in god but have now come to a conclusion and am no longer interested. Thanks.

* I don't think Izzy is wise in the way he goes about evangelism (but who am I to talk about wisdom, as I've been foolish in my communication methods aswell).

I do believe that one can't "be" gay, but that homosexuality is simply a desire that is acted upon.

I seriously don't think Izzy's intention was to set out to Judge others, I think his intention was to inform people that he believes in "a transcendent Judge" as revealed through scripture.
I've left out the rest of your post because it's about religious belief.

But this last part kinda covers the rest of it.

I could very easily come out and say all religious people should be locked up in a mental institution and have their brainwashing reversed so as they dont cause harm to the rest of the population.

Its said with good intentions but it's an arsehole way of saying it (I've been on these forums for a while enough that I know if I said something like that without disclaimers there'd be the usual suspects who would kick up a storm over it, so quite clearly words hurt, people dont harden up) .

Theres common decency and respect. And if we are all to cross that line shit fights start happening. I generally reserve the lack of decency to those who never show it in the first place (not directed at you).

In this case folau has shown a common lack of decency, I mean I'd think that over 90% of australias population knows about christian beliefs on homosexuality, we just had a plebiscite on it. So theres no need for folau to again cross that common decency line, not once, not twice but three times

By the way to quote, highlight paragraphs and select quote. You can multi quote that way

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the conclusion we have is this.
You’re allowed to shove lgbtqi agendas down everyone’s throats because it’s not offensive albeit lgbtqi supporters getting violent and “try” to bully into accepting their ideologies.
However if you mention anything remotely Christian (I say Christian coz it seems no other religion gets condemned for its suppekrtera saying what they believe. Or maybe it’s coz only Christian white men are the ones saying what their religion says?)
it’s offensive that will take society back to the dreaded medieval days and teenagers who may think they’re gay will kill them selves because they’re offended by something they don’t even believe in nor do their white knighting parents.

Edit: for the white knights I am not making light of suicide as it is an major issue and one that’s an even greater issue for all men no matter if they’re mentally ill or normal.

Anyways that’s my facts for tonight. Also I see a lot of people who have “home” degrees speaking like they have real degrees (real degree doesn’t need include social sciences or lesbian dance theory) by using excessive grammatical statistics. Also people using proper pronouns are gay.

May Stalin be with you.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How the frig is this thread 42 pages and 833 posts long .... LOL and its not even about Rugby League.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why is it okay for Izzy to have ink?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think the conclusion we have is this.
You’re allowed to shove lgbtqi agendas down everyone’s throats because it’s not offensive albeit lgbtqi supporters getting violent and “try” to bully into accepting their ideologies.
However if you mention anything remotely Christian (I say Christian coz it seems no other religion gets condemned for its suppekrtera saying what they believe. Or maybe it’s coz only Christian white men are the ones saying what their religion says?)
it’s offensive that will take society back to the dreaded medieval days and teenagers who may think they’re gay will kill them selves because they’re offended by something they don’t even believe in nor do their white knighting parents.

Edit: for the white knights I am not making light of suicide as it is an major issue and one that’s an even greater issue for all men no matter if they’re mentally ill or normal.

Anyways that’s my facts for tonight. Also I see a lot of people who have “home” degrees speaking like they have real degrees (real degree doesn’t need include social sciences or lesbian dance theory) by using excessive grammatical statistics. Also people using proper pronouns are gay.

May Stalin be with you.
There’s so much stupid in that post you should consider applying for the job of Trump’s speech writer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mabye Izzy can get sponsorship from Westboro Baptist Church.... those guys love the gays!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There’s so much stupid in that post you should consider applying for the job of Trump’s speech writer.
I take that as a major compliment.
Have you read the 400 page mueller report yet to impeach trump on emotional facts? Lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How the frig is this thread 42 pages and 833 posts long .... LOL and its not even about Rugby League.
'cause nothing good is happening in Rugby League right now. With the exception of last night. Suck it Queenslanders.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I take that as a major compliment.
Have you read the 400 page mueller report yet to impeach trump on emotional facts? Lol
Lol I’m sure you have....I saw his remarks upon resigning, which were along the lines that he didn’t indict Trump because he didn’t have the authority to indict a sitting president, but that he certainly never exonerated Trump.... he also implied strongly that Trump should probably be impeached and it was congress’ duty to do so.

Emotional facts? Lol the legal expert tasked with investigating him all but admitted he was guilty. I don’t think you’d know a fact if it bit you on the areola.

Status
Not open for further replies.