News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am somewhat (what society may call) discriminated against regularly due to my love of sharing my faith regularly, it's something which I do not hide.
This is an action you choose to start. Being gay isn't a choice.

Furthermore it's a belief/opinion you choose to have. Being gay isn't a choice

But I have no moral nor spiritual expectation of those who treat differently due to my faith, therefore I take no offence in the way I'm treated regularly (in life, not necessarily on this forum).

You will not hear me complain very often about the way I'm treated, and if I do pipe up from time to time it's not my normal character and I certainly don't ever see myself as a victim..... So let's be clear, I am not complaining about discrimination.
And again, in comparison to people from the LGBT, you nor I have no idea what discrimination for them is like. You can claim blue murder as much as you want, but the facts pertain that the discrimination that LGBT community has received is far greater than any religious denomination.

Finally can you not see the logic and moral fallacy in statements such as

"we respect your right to belief, we just don't want to hear your religions bigotry"

That's as good as saying...

"my strong belief is that you need to believe me when i say that you cannot tell me what to believe, so don't tell me what to believe, because I don't believe I should be subject to that kind of treatment, and nor should anyone else, so stop telling people what to believe".

That fallacy is a manipulative fallacy regularly used to elevate agenda over logic (again, this is not me having a go at you per se, but rather an observation of a regular fallacy found in arguments today).
No it's not fallacy and you trying to show this as "agenda over logic", shows you don't understand logic.

You believe in your religion.

I do not believe in any religion.

You choose to follow your religion.

I choose to not follow your religion.

You tell me to convert to your religion or I will burn in the pits of hell for eternity and that only "bad" people go to hell.

I tell you to get f$%ed.

See how this logic works? No where am I telling you to stop having your beliefs, it's your choice fine,have it. I'm not having a religious debate. I'm telling you the way folau stated his religious beliefs has potential to push LGBT teens over the edge in committing a drastic act. It's hard enough being a teenager, now add on the load of being a gay teenager.

I'm simply asking you to show compassion, to show understanding, to show empathy, and not heap more bullshit onto young minds which are already in a precarious state.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The way Rugby Australia has treated Folau is a disgrace.

Folau has put his body on the line and has been one of the best players.

Also on top of that he has done nothing wrong. Players are allowed back after doing drugs but how dare you go against the homosexual agenda.

A

Alexander the Great

Block one road the Lord with open another 2 for Israel. His name has power and strength in it. She'll be right

A

Alexander the Great

Here is a simple tweet that Folau could of posted...

Jesus loves the sinner but hates the sin. Jesus saves ALL that want to be saved.

I doubt any snowflake, lefty, atheist or any other group can complain about that AND still gets the Christian message across.
They would have been offended by puting the word Jesus in the comment. It's offensive to the general public atm

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Block one road the Lord with open another 2 for Israel. His name has power and strength in it. She'll be right
What's the passage in the OT/Torah? Something about Israel is God's jewel (may be something else), Assyria is the strength of God's hand and Egypt as something else.

PS sorry I don't know it off by heart but I'll find the exact passage later.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol gofundme taken down his page claiming he broke terms and conditions but clearly didn’t. This is a common thing happening across all social media type avenues. It’s funy but also worrying at the same time that only a certain political group are able to spout out their intolerance in the guise of fake equality and tolerance which could offend and does offend others but nothing happens. Yet the left are the victims and targeted lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Pandering to the LGBTQI community is the latest trend these days.

Might have to change my avatar to include the rainbow flag in it so it'll be socially acceptable.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The issue I see with this is that Folau is telling others to repent and change. Isn't that just him pushing his beliefs on others?
What’s the difference of people in power telling us to accept homosexual sex as normal otherwise get banned. I think that’s quite enforcing and pushing an agenda
A Christian and person of colour saying what his religion is saying, isn’t forcing his beliefs as people who don’t believe in it shouldn’t even affect them as they don’t believe in it and Folau has no power to banish people from their jobs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting that since this all unfolded Rugby Australia have made changes to their site including an entire section on "Gender", "Inclusion", "Diversity", and "Pride in the game".

It's as if they've seized the opportunity to market the game heavily to the LGBTQI community to try and pickup more memberships.

In addition they've implemented a whole lot of new policies like "Gender Identity Dispensation", and "Inclusion" policies.

RA taking advantage of the situation almost as much as Izzy is on the opposite side of the argument.

Yet they allow clearly dodgy pages to exist like "donate to give money to Cyrell from MAFS who got in a fight in a cafe so she can buy something nice" or "fund my holiday because I can't be bothered to work".

GFM will be the ones losing out as a result of PC BS, because they take about 5% of each donation total.

No that's incorrect because Part 2 Section 1.2 pertains to those playing the game.

So for examples sake you must do that alongside fellow players and officials.

Code of Conduct is here: https://australia.rugby/-/media/rugbyau/documents/rugbyaucodeofconduct.pdf

The only things it states that might have had Folau in trouble are:
Section 1.7 comes under the same section as 1.3 and 1.2 with no sub-section. So if what you are saying is accurate then clause 1.7 would only relate while playing the game. So they can use social media while playing?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
What’s the difference of people in power telling us to accept homosexual sex as normal otherwise get banned. I think that’s quite enforcing and pushing an agenda
A Christian and person of colour saying what his religion is saying, isn’t forcing his beliefs as people who don’t believe in it shouldn’t even affect them as they don’t believe in it and Folau has no power to banish people from their jobs.
so why is he saying it then? theres no reason

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The way Rugby Australia has treated Folau is a disgrace.

Folau has put his body on the line and has been one of the best players.

Also on top of that he has done nothing wrong. Players are allowed back after doing drugs but how dare you go against the homosexual agenda.
Those players apologised for doing drugs and stopped doing drugs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the passage in the OT/Torah? Something about Israel is God's jewel (may be something else), Assyria is the strength of God's hand and Egypt as something else.

PS sorry I don't know it off by heart but I'll find the exact passage later.
Australia is God's beer belly and Tasmania is God's crapper.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an action you choose to start. Being gay isn't a choice.

Furthermore it's a belief/opinion you choose to have. Being gay isn't a choice

And again, in comparison to people from the LGBT, you nor I have no idea what discrimination for them is like. You can claim blue murder as much as you want, but the facts pertain that the discrimination that LGBT community has received is far greater than any religious denomination.

No it's not fallacy and you trying to show this as "agenda over logic", shows you don't understand logic.

You believe in your religion.

I do not believe in any religion.

You choose to follow your religion.

I choose to not follow your religion.

You tell me to convert to your religion or I will burn in the pits of hell for eternity and that only "bad" people go to hell.

I tell you to get f$%ed.

See how this logic works? No where am I telling you to stop having your beliefs, it's your choice fine,have it. I'm not having a religious debate. I'm telling you the way folau stated his religious beliefs has potential to push LGBT teens over the edge in committing a drastic act. It's hard enough being a teenager, now add on the load of being a gay teenager.

I'm simply asking you to show compassion, to show understanding, to show empathy, and not heap more bullshit onto young minds which are already in a precarious state.
*Firstly I don't go out telling people what to believe, I ask people to consider what I have already considered.

*My faith is a rational faith, it's based on evidence.

*I have never told you or anyone else to convert to any faith

*I have a pretty good grasp on both philosophy and logic.

*To argue effectively you need to look at the merits of both sides of an argument - that shows understanding.

*I have addressed the "gay is a choice" issue from a Christian perspective yet you seem to have either dismissed it or overlooked it?

*I put across from the very start that mental issues are a epidemic in today's society, and should be treated as such with care, perhaps you overlooked that to... Its easy enough to do.

* I have a homosexual brother, I watched very close family members suddenly and unexpectedly die right next to me due to problems they were born with, and ive witnessed suicide and it's effects in my family ..... if anyone understands compassion, empathy and understanding toward such groups, it's me mate.

Most people who know me, know me to be extremely caring, and I suppose you could say empathetic in nature, and if you can't see that I try both caring and empathetic through my posts... Well, I guess thats up to you, my apologies if I have come across any other way, as that's not my intention.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Well, it’s not my fundraising platform, so my opinion doesn’t much matter....but I find it more understandable that a young boy who hadn’t earned millions of dollars would turn to GoFundMe to pay legal fees than a multi code sports star who has made millions.

It doesn’t really matter what he did, under Australian law, he is still entitled to a defence... and he has done something else Folau has not - publicly pledged to donate any funds that are not needed for legal fees to a worthy cause.
I was trying to get you to comment on the idea that a kid who has committed a violent and politically related act is praised and supported with a gofundme page.

Whilst gofundme seems to take a stricter view on someone who has committed no crime, nor has he physically assaulted anyone.

It seems unusual that gofundme are putting themselves out there as very socially aware, yet seem to be ok with acts of violence during an election campaign?

Also, why was the media ok with an the egg boy kid getting a gofundme page - but not ok with Israel Folau? Does the indicate the media are biased towards one side of politics?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Folau said he would walk away if it hurt RA, sponsors, fans.

So if you are a liar, do you go to hell.

After we’d all talked, I told Raelene if she felt the situation had become untenable – that I was hurting Rugby Australia, its sponsors and the Australian rugby community to such a degree that things couldn’t be worked through – I would walk away from my contract, immediately.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/israel-folau-im-a-sinner-too/#sxRmHsHfb45LxDbw.97

I think his comments will come back to bite him.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Pandering to the LGBTQI community is the latest trend these days.

Might have to change my avatar to include the rainbow flag in it so it'll be socially acceptable.
You forgot the aboriginals. It's very trendy for corporates and government departments to show how edgy they are by using aboriginal designs on their company logos etc or to start meetings by telling employees that they are actually on aboriginal land.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
*My faith is a rational faith, it's based on evidence..
I don't like tit for tat and I enjoy a good spirited debate where everyone can voice their opinion without threats or silly comments.

But can I just point out that this sentence is entirely nonsensical. If your beliefs are based on evidence, then there is certainly no faith required lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Section 1.7 comes under the same section as 1.3 and 1.2 with no sub-section. So if what you are saying is accurate then clause 1.7 would only relate while playing the game. So they can use social media while playing?
The surrounding sections specifically refer to things, then it jumps to the social media policy. I'd just say it's poorly written because Section 1 is "Players".

You forgot the aboriginals. It's very trendy for corporates and government departments to show how edgy they are by using aboriginal designs on their company logos etc or to start meetings by telling employees that they are actually on aboriginal land.
I might have to start adding this to all my posts in future:

This post acknowledges that the fibre optic cables used to send this message (and the ISPs and exchanges that the message goes through in order for you to read it) are built on aboriginal land. Always has been, always will be aboriginal land*.
* - at least for the last 50,000 years when aboriginals migrated from PNG and Indonesia to claim Australia as their own.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folau said he would walk away if it hurt RA, sponsors, fans.

So if you are a liar, do you go to hell.

After we’d all talked, I told Raelene if she felt the situation had become untenable – that I was hurting Rugby Australia, its sponsors and the Australian rugby community to such a degree that things couldn’t be worked through – I would walk away from my contract, immediately.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/israel-folau-im-a-sinner-too/#sxRmHsHfb45LxDbw.97

I think his comments will come back to bite him.
Its all about context, Folau did not say I will stop doing this stuff, he said to Raelene "if SHE felt"....

The onus was always on ARU to say there and then "do not act like this anymore as it will be no good for the game".

It was in their hands, read the article again, he says (in so many words) "he can't stop being who he is, and if that's no good I'll walk... Tell me Raelene if I should walk now".

That was a massive fail by the ARU, they should have told him to walk there and then when he said (again in so many words) I won't change, and if that's a problem I will walk.

People have been misquoting this article all over the place on here, saying "he said he'd walk - he's a liar"

Again he never said or meant that.

Furthermore from memory, he was angry back then (at the time of the meeting) that what was spoken of in the meeting, was completely and intentionally misconstrued by Raelene to the public.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
*Firstly I don't go out telling people what to believe, I ask people to consider what I have already considered.
If this is in reference to the logic example I gave, that was in reference to folau not you.

*My faith is a rational faith, it's based on evidence.
So you're keeping these rational reasons hidden so the rest of us can burn in hell? Or is it just that they truly are emotive reasons and not actually rational.

*I have never told you or anyone else to convert to any faith

*I have a pretty good grasp on both philosophy and logic.

*To argue effectively you need to look at the merits of both sides of an argument - that shows understanding.
You're using a 2000 yr old book as justification. A 2000 yr old book which has had some of its historical anecdotes disproven by archeology

*I have addressed the "gay is a choice" issue from a Christian perspective yet you seem to have either dismissed it or overlooked it?
To quote these "woke" people "feelings arent facts". You linked a whole bunch of Christian articles with no data based studies to back up your stance. Me taking those christian articles into consideration is akin to giving flat earthers validity.

Your belief is based on faith, that's it. Theres no data, no evidence, nothing to prove it.

And no the bible is not proof.

*I put across from the very start that mental issues are a epidemic in today's society, and should be treated as such with care, perhaps you overlooked that to... Its easy enough to do.
No I didnt. I referenced it in my reply to your post where you mentioned it. I also stated that you seem to "brush off" the mental consequences for the LGBT community.

* I have a homosexual brother, I watched very close family members suddenly and unexpectedly die right next to me due to problems they were born with, and ive witnessed suicide and it's effects in my family ..... if anyone understands compassion, empathy and understanding toward such groups, it's me mate
Yeh see I dont believe that you have a homosexual brother. Let's just leave this out of this discussion.

Most people who know me, know me to be extremely caring, and I suppose you could say empathetic in nature, and if you can't see that I try both caring and empathetic through my posts... Well, I guess thats up to you, my apologies if I have come across any other way, as that's not my intention.
Then why would you take folaus side? A number of posters suggested a different message folau could have put up, you even put up your own version. That was a zillion times better than the garbage folau put up.

As I stated earlier, if someone actively came up to you and asked about christian beliefs about homosexuality, by all means answer them honestly and truthfully, I'd give my 100% support. The difference was folau set out to judge others and question other peoples life. He simplified the mental anguish that LGBT people suffer through life as a simple "choice",ie these people choose to sin and enjoy sinning and turning away from god.

It's an absolutely shit message and he copped the backlash he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.