RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we entertain having this bloke...there is no chance in hell he'd come anyway but I doubt we want to go down that path again anyway...too many sad storied from past experiences with these guys

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters will not re-sign Mitchell if they have a contingency plan, which they always do.

I can see Mitchell coming to the Dogs on a stupid contract and Tom & Jake Trbojevic going to the Roosters

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters will not re-sign Mitchell if they have a contingency plan, which they always do.

I can see Mitchell coming to the Dogs on a stupid contract and Tom & Jake Trbojevic going to the Roosters
Was gonna mention that... Suddenly seems like the Trbojevic bro are more valuable and roosters might just let Latrell go and make a play for the Turbo bros.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Look at the difference high involvement outside backs can make to a side, we saw this clearly last night during SOO. Latrell is simply not the right player to build around, huge mistake if the club makes this offer.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look at the difference high involvement outside backs can make to a side, we saw this clearly last night during SOO. Latrell is simply not the right player to build around, huge mistake if the club makes this offer.
Nsw were good last night but qld were FUCKN bog average let’s not get ahead

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please stop talking common sense.

It turns me on, seeing as how there is so little of it on here.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nsw were good last night but qld were FUCKN bog average let’s not get ahead
It's not getting ahead, last night was just an example. This has been my belief for a long time.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s right everyone, 1 game where the score was an anomaly absolutely PROVES that Latrell Mitchell will be a TERRIBLE signing for the dogs. Case is closed, move along and lock this thread.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s right everyone, 1 game where the score was an anomaly absolutely PROVES that Latrell Mitchell will be a TERRIBLE signing for the dogs. Case is closed, move along and lock this thread.
Latrell Mitchell doing well is based on a lot of factors. Good club culture, support from coach and players, and a star studded support cast.

No denying he is talented but to build a club around? There is reason to be weary.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh maybe read my other post, I said last night was just one example. I have and can named multiple more.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yh maybe read my other post, I said last night was just one example. I have and can named multiple more.
And I can name multiple examples of high work rates resulting in losses if I wanted to. Point is there is about a million factors in a game that contribute to the result, and just because his work rate is low, doesn’t mean he will be a poor signing for us. He’s the best centre in the game.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
And I can name multiple examples of high work rates resulting in losses if I wanted to. Point is there is about a million factors in a game that contribute to the result, and just because his work rate is low, doesn’t mean he will be a poor signing for us. He’s the best centre in the game.
Yes it does. He's a marquee signing on potentially the biggest deal in the NRL, it's absolutely ridiculous to build a club around someone like him. You want a leader, someone that will carry the side and lift them up, Latrell is not that man and very likely won't ever be. He's a luxury signing, one that we don't need to make.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tommy t is twice the player of latrell purely for the fact that he always has a go, takes the tough runs, backs up in support and is also a good bloke off the field. Shame he would never leave manly

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes it does. He's a marquee signing on potentially the biggest deal in the NRL, it's absolutely ridiculous to build a club around someone like him. You want a leader, someone that will carry the side and lift them up, Latrell is not that man and very likely won't ever be. He's a luxury signing, one that we don't need to make.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s a match winner

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it possible that your concept of "building a club around a player" is different then others? I see Mitchell right now as a player that convinces other players that we are not such a bad place to some and play for. Signed not just to play for us but to be a magnet, a beacon to attract other players. Hence it would not be wrong to term his as someone to build a team around. Whether he is captain material or not is irrelevant, although it is not yet written in stone that he could never be a team captain, there are plenty of examples of players that no one thought would make good captains but they do.

Go Dogs

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tommy t is twice the player of latrell purely for the fact that he always has a go, takes the tough runs, backs up in support and is also a good bloke off the field. Shame he would never leave manly
Tommy T is a footballer. Probably one of the purest I have seen in a long long time.

Craves the ball, and will go looking for it. Quick, gets amongst it.

Would throw a million at him and his brother without hesitation.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tommy T is a footballer. Probably one of the purest I have seen in a long long time.
Craves the ball, and will go looking for it. Quick, gets amongst it.
Would throw a million at him and his brother without hesitation.
What happens if they all say yes? We have no money for anyone else.

Go Dogs