Movie Discussion

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does the world really need another fucking Spiderman movie?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Murder Mystery

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618434/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

On the Weekend Today Show, they said that 30,000,000 people watched this movie in it’s opening week on Netflix… so I thought why not.

A couple go away on a holiday to Europe and are invited to attend a nuptials party on a billionaires yacht. He tells everyone there that he will leave his entire estate you his young trophy wife (who just happens to be an Australian/Japanese actress)… and just before he signs the contract, the lights go off… and he is killed in the darkness. Then the hunt for his killers begin. Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston’s characters are of course framed, and they go on the run from the law trying to find the real killer(s) in the process.

This is a typical Adam Sandler comedy movie. I find that there is a lot more comedy in this than most of his recent films. There are a lot of twists and turns that you don’t see coming, and those are the types of movies that I like. I’m not a Romantic Comedy person, but I watched this one with nothing to lose, and came watching a movie that was better than I expected.

7/10
I can't sit through another Adam Sandler movie ever again. After the ridiculous 6 and the piece of steaming cow shit that was the week of, I think I'd rather stick a swizzle stick up my jap's eye

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I can't sit through another Adam Sandler movie ever again. After the ridiculous 6 and the piece of steaming cow shit that was the week of, I think I'd rather stick a swizzle stick up my jap's eye
Yeah he's done some pretty stupid movies I won't even try and deny that, however as this one is a classic murder mystery with comedy blended into it, I won't say no. It's not a stupid type of comedy like You Don't Mess with the Zohan etc.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he's done some pretty stupid movies I won't even try and deny that, however as this one is a classic murder mystery with comedy blended into it, I won't say no. It's not a stupid type of comedy like You Don't Mess with the Zohan etc.
I loved, and still do
Billy madison
Happy gilmore
Bulletproof
And the wedding singer

Didn't mind anger management, but anything after that has completely lost me. The guy is a massive sell out who somehow has gone backwards as an "actor" in his career.

Of course it makes sense that he keeps getting massive movie deals, this world is truly screwed.

(Sorry but he really shits me off in case I didn't make that clear) :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
I loved, and still do
Billy madison
Happy gilmore
Bulletproof
And the wedding singer

Didn't mind anger management, but anything after that has completely lost me. The guy is a massive sell out who somehow has gone backwards as an "actor" in his career.

Of course it makes sense that he keeps getting massive movie deals, this world is truly screwed.

(Sorry but he really shits me off in case I didn't make that clear) :tearsofjoy:
Love all those movies. Bulletproof has to be the funniest movie ever. The scene in the cabin gets me every time.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved, and still do
Billy madison
Happy gilmore
Bulletproof
And the wedding singer

Little Nicky as well. Loved that movie.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg

Accompanied by her husband, son and daughter, Adelaide Wilson returns to the beachfront home where she grew up as a child. Haunted by a traumatic experience from the past, Adelaide grows increasingly concerned that something bad is going to happen. Her worst fears soon become a reality when four masked strangers descend upon the house, forcing the Wilsons into a fight for survival. When the masks come off, the family is horrified to learn that each attacker takes the appearance of one of them.

Jordan peele is one smart director. He knows how to craft a well made horror film, using ambiance, lighting, and creating tension effectively but when it comes to it as a writer I think I he struggles somewhat. The acting from the lead actress was top notch (thought the rest of the cast were pretty average though)
To say anymore would spoil the plot, so I'll end this review now.

3.4/5

Wahesh

Reaction score
View attachment 10393

Accompanied by her husband, son and daughter, Adelaide Wilson returns to the beachfront home where she grew up as a child. Haunted by a traumatic experience from the past, Adelaide grows increasingly concerned that something bad is going to happen. Her worst fears soon become a reality when four masked strangers descend upon the house, forcing the Wilsons into a fight for survival. When the masks come off, the family is horrified to learn that each attacker takes the appearance of one of them.

Jordan peele is one smart director. He knows how to craft a well made horror film, using ambiance, lighting, and creating tension effectively but when it comes to it as a writer I think I he struggles somewhat. The acting from the lead actress was top notch (thought the rest of the cast were pretty average though)

3.4/5
3.4/5? That's very specific of you Chimpy lol... love it :grinning:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
3.4/5? That's very specific of you Chimpy lol... love it :grinning:
It finished and I just sat there for like 5 minutes processing what I just saw, based on the overall film and two hour runtime I decided 3.4 was a fitting score

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
View attachment 10393

3.4/5
Isn’t that movie made by a racist? Who actually used to co make some of the best content in key and peele skits?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 10393

3.4/5
I wasn't really a fan. Thought it was a bit average. It was extremely predictable but they deliberately made it extremely predictable.

But like Get Out there's loads of hidden meaning. Still didn't quite appeal to me.

Get Out didn't appeal to me at first either but it grew on me.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn’t that movie made by a racist? Who actually used to co make some of the best content in key and peele skits?
That's the one. He's only a little racist though. He mainly focuses on history of black people so his movies have subtle hints about oppression, but his Get Out also made every white person out to be evil. It was a lot deeper than that though.

This one wasn't as deep. But it was also less racist. It was black people against black people.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's the one. He's only a little racist though. He mainly focuses on history of black people so his movies have subtle hints about oppression, but his Get Out also made every white person out to be evil. It was a lot deeper than that though.

This one wasn't as deep. But it was also less racist. It was black people against black people.
It was only black people vs black people because he thinks blacks don’t get enough jobs in Hollywood and would rather hire blacks lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't really a fan. Thought it was a bit average. It was extremely predictable but they deliberately made it extremely predictable.

But like Get Out there's loads of hidden meaning. Still didn't quite appeal to me.

Get Out didn't appeal to me at first either but it grew on me.
I thought it was a very well made movie, but the script didn't really do anything for me, i also felt the acting was subpar aside from the main chick (the dad annoyed the crap out of me)

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was only black people vs black people because he thinks blacks don’t get enough jobs in Hollywood and would rather hire blacks lol
To be fair, there is a white vs white scene in this one, that has to count for something :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Brightburn

Not a great movie but worth a watch. There's no big twist, no hidden stuff. It's just exactly what it looks like in the trailers. An alternate take on Superman. It's what may have happened if Superman was a sociopath.

There is a nice little Easter egg at the end for Superman fans though. Nothing special, just a cool little Easter egg.

7/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Tracers

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2401097/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Wanted by the Chinese mafia, a New York City bike messenger escapes into the world of parkour after meeting a beautiful stranger.

This is not a bad movie. I wasn't sure what to expect when I put this on, but it's pretty good. The actors are very athletic, and you good almost pluck some of the scenes from "People are Awesome" videos on YouTube. A lot of stunts are involved and you just don't know when they are going to end. The sub-plot of the movie was ok, but it was the parkour stunts themselves that were awesome.

Highly recommend this movie to @Hacky McAxe & @The_Chimpster and also for anyone wanting to watch something different, or for people who are adrenaline junkies.

8/10.