News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well again this comes back to what "he" said. Unless I'm reading the image wrong, he did not tell "them" (ALL sinners, include me and you, not just homosexual people) to stop being gay... he actually told them to repent!

Read the caption next to the post very carefully.

You do know what "repent" means, right?

It means that you need to not only stop what you are doing but also feel real regret about what you did. Stop being homosexual and feel real bad about ever being homosexual.

Sure, for drunks and idolaters that's fine. Stop drinking and feel bad about being drunk. But stop being who you are and feel bad about being who you are?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
“As a company, we are absolutely committed to the fight for equality for LGBTIQ people and fostering an environment of inclusivity. While we welcome GoFundMes engaging in diverse civil debate, we do not tolerate the promotion of discrimination or exclusion".

LOL!

This is both funny and ironic, because Gofundme has just done exactly what they say their own rules prohibit (i.e. they have discriminated against Folau (on the basis they believe he is being intolerant) and then they have excluded him from their platform).
My argument FOR Folau is that if people want to all contribute to pay for this, something like $10 or $20 each, it won't break their budget. Some might even want to contribute more, like $1000 or $5000 if they can afford it. People can do what they want with their money. If Israel were to pay all of the $3,000,000 court fee, even though he is rich and could lose, it would be an amount that would great hurt him.

As a side note, I have no idea why GoFundMe is trying to save face here. No one will hold it against their company if people use their service as a means to channel money to Israel for this. In fact I think that them rejecting people supporting Israel's cause has caused them more harm than good - I am no longer going to be using them to either make a payment or receive it - that's for sure... they've lost my business.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

It means that you need to not only stop what you are doing but also feel real regret about what you did. Stop being homosexual and feel real bad about ever being homosexual.

Sure, for drunks and idolaters that's fine. Stop drinking and feel bad about being drunk. But stop being who you are and feel bad about being who you are?
Yep exactly, the other "sins" are all choices, some are addictions rather than just being a choice.

But homosexuality, not a choice. There's the major difference.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Oddly enough I actually support his right to say whatever he wants and I support anyone who wants to donate to him. It's their money, it's their right.

It's just that I also support a company's right to sack him and I support any private organisation (social media or other) to choose who can use their platform.

People often misunderstand free speech. It doesn't mean freedom from consequence and it doesn't protect you on a platform run by a private entity.
Agree completely. But you have to recognise the inconsistency and irony in Gofundme claiming they have rules which prevent exclusionary actions and discrimination, yet that is exactly what they have done to Folau.

Wahesh

Reaction score

In this case, Israel means that they need to ask for forgiveness - feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin. Not stop being who you are, but rather to stop sinning.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Love? Love??????????? hahaha

I'd think love would be taking the path of empathy, where one would seek to understand the predicament. Whereby seeking to understand the predicament, you read up on articles/studies about the issue, whereby if this action was taken, you would 100% come across the numerous studies/articles linking ostracizing with mental health and suicide, and the vital importance of using correct language/terminology with those with precious mental health.

Isn't suicide a cardinal sin? So if Folau is contributing to someone's suicide/cardinal sin, isn't he in some way bearing some responsibility?

Love indeed, what an absolute bullshit cop out. I saw the "love" during the SSM debate, the "love" where some linked SSM with bestiality, with pedophilia, with polygamy, with grooming of kids, with an erosion of societies "morals".

Love indeed!
Did you also notice that during the SSM debate Israel said that he loves everyone equally, but will be voting no?

As for those suicide claims, I highly doubt that people commit suicide based on someone's thoughts of whether or not they should repent or their stance on homosexuality. People who commit suicide linked with homosexuality can most likely attributed to them being bullied and ridiculed their whole life, rather than someone's instagram post.

But that's just me!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you also notice that during the SSM debate Israel said that he loves everyone equally, but will be voting no?

As for those suicide claims, I highly doubt that people commit suicide based on someone's thoughts of whether or not they should repent or their stance on homosexuality. People who commit suicide linked with homosexuality can most likely attributed to them being bullied and ridiculed their whole life, rather than someone's instagram post.

But that's just me!
Are you serious?

Read what you wrote, again and again and again.

Its the constant barrage they receive from numerous places. It's the constant questioning of their being, it's the constant accusation that it's a choice for them, not that they are born that way.

All those little bits and pieces, all those little comments, they snowball into a massive effect. Folau has done this 3 times now, each time it received media attention, each time it brings a whole public debate to it, each time it chipped away at vulnerable kids confidence/being. That is not love, 3 times now folau has made the LGBT community the centre of public debate, questioning their being.

Folau did that, not anyone else, he knows exactly the kind of media attention he's going to get, he did that, no one else, him him him. That is no way in hell "love".

Wahesh

Reaction score
Are you serious?

Read what you wrote, again and again and again.

Its the constant barrage they receive from numerous places. It's the constant questioning of their being, it's the constant accusation that it's a choice for them, not that they are born that way.

All those little bits and pieces, all those little comments, they snowball into a massive effect. Folau has done this 3 times now, each time it received media attention, each time it brings a whole public debate to it, each time it chipped away at vulnerable kids confidence/being. That is not love, 3 times now folau has made the LGBT community the centre of public debate, questioning their being.

Folau did that, not anyone else, he knows exactly the kind of media attention he's going to get, he did that, no one else, him him him. That is no way in hell "love".
He did it because he loves them.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In any case, he has to refund the $760,000 he's raised so far, and that's fantastic.

He shouldn't be begging for a hand out in the first place, he's nothing but a greedy prick using religion as an excuse to do whatever he wants

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree completely. But you have to recognise the inconsistency and irony in Gofundme claiming they have rules which prevent exclusionary actions and discrimination, yet that is exactly what they have done to Folau.
Have to agree there somewhat. Especially considering that they let the egg boy campaign run

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
In any case, he has to refund the $760,000 he's raised so far, and that's fantastic.

He shouldn't be begging for a hand out in the first place, he's nothing but a greedy prick using religion as an excuse to do whatever he wants
describing a gofundme page as 'begging' is a bit of a stretch. I think if people have chosen to part with their money and give it to Folau, then they should be allowed to.

Godfundme is running a dangerous line where they are going to have to start 'picking and choosing' which campaigns are 'correct' and which are 'wrong.

We all know which way that debate will go - it will go the same way as the debates go with youtube, facebook and twitter who (generally) only block and demonitise people who express conservative views (and almost never people with progressive views).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In this case, Israel means that they need to ask for forgiveness - feel or express sincere regret or remorse about one's wrongdoing or sin. Not stop being who you are, but rather to stop sinning.
How do you stop being homosexual without stopping being homosexual?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Have to agree there somewhat. Especially considering that they let the egg boy campaign run
Interesting isn't it.
Egg boys commits crime associated with politics and gets a gofundmepage, also gets most MSM media writing favourable articles about him etc.

Folau commits no crime, however he expresses the 'incorrect opinion', and gets most of the MSM hating on him, and hundreds of thousands of dollars taken away via gofundme.

Go figure?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
describing a gofundme page as 'begging' is a bit of a stretch. I think if people have chosen to part with their money and give it to Folau, then they should be allowed to.

Godfundme is running a dangerous line where they are going to have to start 'picking and choosing' which campaigns are 'correct' and which are 'wrong.

We all know which way that debate will go - it will go the same way as the debates go with youtube, facebook and twitter who (generally) only block and demonitise people who express conservative views (and almost never people with progressive views).
I'm fully expecting a conservative donation page to pop up soon

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully it might have given some genuine causes some free publicity...

Wahesh

Reaction score
How do you stop being homosexual without stopping being homosexual?
It’s one of those things that is misinterpreted. The Church is against homosexuality, this means, the ‘act’ of homosexuality. If you are gay, or you think you are gay, or whatever, you are born that way, OR you are mentally impaired – whichever of these 2 it is, is NOT a sin.

So;

A mental impairment is an illness – being ill is not a sin.

If you are gay and don’t have a mental impairment, that’s the way you are born. You are born innocent. It is not a sin. Ask for forgiveness of you’re sins and refrain from engaging in that act again.

There are gay people involved in the Catholic Church, the difference with them is they put their faith in God and their religion ahead of their sexual desires.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190624-123739_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20190624-123754_Facebook.jpg

These two dimwits I had to shared. Oh the irony!!!!the irony!!!!! Lol

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No law broken, just a conflict in contract law (which isn't a break of law, it's a breach of contract)

Him publicly telling gay people that being gay is a choice and they need to stop it, that breaches the code of conduct therefore breaching his contract.
Did he actually say that though? Are those words that you just potentially inferred, are they they words that he actually said?

If they they are/are not the words that he actually said, was that Folaus intention to convey the gist of thoughts that you have posted above and furthermore, can that be asserted "beyond all reasonable doubt"?

I'm of the opinion that what was stated by Folau was intended to be words of care and love (regardless of how poor his methods of communication are).

His ongoing actions both in and away from rugby are actions of one who takes the concept and service of a relational and moral deity quite seriously.

As a consequence of such belief he feels the need to reach out and implore his fellow humans of this deity, the deity's characteristics and the consequences that the reality of such a deity means for mankind and more specifically cause and effect of certain actions in light of the reality of such a deity.

Status
Not open for further replies.