Social Media Kevin Walter's in the mix to coach the dogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Walters has done nothing and in any case mal is grooming him to take over at the titans

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd say he'll end up at the tits when brennan enivitably gets sacked, and that suits me perfectly

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Walters is not proven at all and would not be any upgrade on whay we have .
We either need a proven coach like (examples)-Henry,Griffin etc who knows how to coach or go left field and get walker bros .
Any origin team can make you look like you can coach.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
hope its not walters, we dont need another unproven coach, while walters has coached qld, thats far different to club level and at that level he is completely untried, a proven coach is a must to move forwards and upwards

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know how Walters would fair at club level. He seems like a great person who has a lot of contacts and all his players seem to like and respect him. Which is more than you can say with most other coaches. Whether he could handle the grind of club footy is debatable.

I'd rather Holbrook, O'Brien or Flanagan (reluctantly) but Walters may be worth taking a chance on if all else fails.

Then again, him picking Mbye on the bench or Napa over Welch doesn't fill me with confidence.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We just need to sign flanno for 2021 and get whoever his assistant will be to coach us in 2020 just dont send any emails/txt msgs this time flanno ffs lol

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Da faq was that about, Captain too!

Puzzling on so many levels...
Old Big snoz loz was obsessed with him, I remember every time he commentated knights games he used to go on about Gidley so much I'm certain he wanted to stick his length in, it was quite disturbing :tearsofjoy::coldsweat:

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hope its not walters, we dont need another unproven coach, while walters has coached qld, thats far different to club level and at that level he is completely untried, a proven coach is a must to move forwards and upwards
You don't think the following is an enough of an apprenticeship?

Kevin Walters Coaching Career

Ipswich Jets Head Coach
2007: 4th and Club Champions
2008: Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists

Catalans Dragons Head Coach
2009: Super League Semi-Final
2010: Challenge Cup Semi-Final

Melbourne Storm (Assistant Coach)
2011: Minor Premiers & Preliminary Final
2012: Premiers
2013: Semi Finals

Newcastle Knights Halves Coach
2014: 12th

Brisbane Assistant Coach
2003: Qualifying Final
2004: Semi Finals
2005: Semi Finals
2015: Runners Up
2018: 4 Rounds

Queensland Head Coach
2016: Won 2-1
2017: Won 3-0
2018: Lost 1-2
2019: ?

I agree there is a good chance he will go to Titans.

If not then Holbrook who turned to coaching after retiring from playing. He worked on the coaching staff of the Bulldogs, Holbrook also coached at representative level for Australia (under-21). He was appointed to replace Keiron Cunningham
as head coach of English Super League club St Helens on a three-year contract in May 2017.
Thanks to RB18 post on 7 June: Justin Holbrook has to replace Pay for the 2020 season. He will attract England's best players. His coaching record into his 3rd season is outstanding in the English Super League is 69 games 55 wins 14 losses. 80% winning percentage. This season his team has been outstanding 15 wins 1 loses 303 positive f/g. Coached us in the lower to g/f wins and was an assistant to Trent Robinson at the Roosters before moving to St Helens.

His also off contract I believe. So the board needs to act quick before he signs elsewhere.

I'm just not too comfortable with a coach who would agree to the injection of unknown substances into players in the hope that it improves their performance & recovery from injuries etc.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want a ruthless coach who doesn't take shit and does not defend mediocrity

For me I would take flanno

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
seen it on Instagram? Posted by whom?

There has to be some sort of minimum source threshold around here.
It's getting that bad with these social media rumours, they might have to get killed off unless a source link is provided to the SM page involved... and if it's some known bullshitter/nobody, the rumour thread closed.

Tis becomming a joke.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's getting that bad with these social media rumours, they might have to get killed off unless a source link is provided to the SM page involved... and if it's some known bullshitter/nobody, the rumour thread closed.

Tis becomming a joke.
I heard a rumour on a social media page this was going to be implemented.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You don't think the following is an enough of an apprenticeship?

Kevin Walters Coaching Career

Ipswich Jets Head Coach
2007: 4th and Club Champions
2008: Minor Premiers and Grand Finalists

Catalans Dragons Head Coach
2009: Super League Semi-Final
2010: Challenge Cup Semi-Final

Melbourne Storm (Assistant Coach)
2011: Minor Premiers & Preliminary Final
2012: Premiers
2013: Semi Finals

Newcastle Knights Halves Coach
2014: 12th

Brisbane Assistant Coach
2003: Qualifying Final
2004: Semi Finals
2005: Semi Finals
2015: Runners Up
2018: 4 Rounds

Queensland Head Coach
2016: Won 2-1
2017: Won 3-0
2018: Lost 1-2
2019: ?

I agree there is a good chance he will go to Titans.

If not then Holbrook who turned to coaching after retiring from playing. He worked on the coaching staff of the Bulldogs, Holbrook also coached at representative level for Australia (under-21). He was appointed to replace Keiron Cunningham
as head coach of English Super League club St Helens on a three-year contract in May 2017.
Thanks to RB18 post on 7 June: Justin Holbrook has to replace Pay for the 2020 season. He will attract England's best players. His coaching record into his 3rd season is outstanding in the English Super League is 69 games 55 wins 14 losses. 80% winning percentage. This season his team has been outstanding 15 wins 1 loses 303 positive f/g. Coached us in the lower to g/f wins and was an assistant to Trent Robinson at the Roosters before moving to St Helens.

His also off contract I believe. So the board needs to act quick before he signs elsewhere.

I'm just not too comfortable with a coach who would agree to the injection of unknown substances into players in the hope that it improves their performance & recovery from injuries etc.
broncos must have thought i was not enough as well, being assistant means nothing thats like saying our on field trainers are up to coaching first grade

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig Bellamy wasn't born a first grade coach.

Every great coach was given that first chance.