The next 12 months

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s just start this years a write off as a lot of us knew we weren’t going to be super competitive but we should be having a go regardless. Pay needs to give the young blokes on the team a go so we can see what they have got like in 08 how Barba got a run it was something to look forward too

With the players we have off contract here this year we might jag 2-3 more player maybe 1 decent player for next year with elections looming but come November 1 our building for 2021 can start .

The current board inherited a shit storm which we all known the players we Shead over the last 18 months is crazy but nessesary to get the this point the board have had to work out Way to move player on to benefit us in the long run no one actually knows how much we have to spend that’s the best part journos and analysts hate it too it’s all speculation

To me this is boards time to show what they have and what they made of cause the figures we have for 2021 should allow us to build a competing team again

So far they have signed dwz and Stinson 2 good players and more will follow there is the talk of latrel mitchell who would be a great signing to there credit at least there talking to superstars once we land a big fish other players will come

I think they all know deans not the long term coach going forward we all know that but the club come come out publicly and say he is a shit **** it’s not professional and good players won’t come if the place is a circus

At least the dwz and Stinson signings are rep players not the reserve grade turkeys we have signed in the past

We got to have trust that they have a plan behind closed doors for the rebuild

Knowing we have money we’re gonna be linked to all sorts of players off contract maybe some will make sense and player manager will float offers from us to drive there prices up

By halfway through next season I think we have a better indication where the clubs heading

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The board has flopped badly. Not even getting Mitchell over the line will save them.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would be the answer to challenge them at the election?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The board has flopped badly. Not even getting Mitchell over the line will save them.
Lol.
There is exactly a -10% chance that this board loses its spot next election.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judge the board from 2021 onwards that's when they've been given the chance to fully change the club. So be patient. Unless you want to the club to be the next Parramatta and go through 100 board members in a short time and still be crap.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judge the board from 2021 onwards that's when they've been given the chance to fully change the club. So be patient. Unless you want to the club to be the next Parramatta and go through 100 board members in a short time and still be crap.
Yeah i think the team for the start of the 2021 election will say alot about the board. To be fair, it was widely reported by every media outlet and confirmed by our CEO that the current team wouldn't be able to change much because of our financial shit fight. Sure it's frustating, but we were warned that the short term future would be pretty bad.

No excuses not to have a good quality side in 2021 though. The board will be able to sign a whole new team and it will be entirely on their heads.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i think the team for the start of the 2021 election will say alot about the board. To be fair, it was widely reported by every media outlet and confirmed by our CEO that the current team wouldn't be able to change much because of our financial shit fight. Sure it's frustating, but we were warned that the short term future would be pretty bad.

No excuses not to have a good quality side in 2021 though. The board will be able to sign a whole new team and it will be entirely on their heads. The election in 2021 is in February so if they don't have a gun side named, they might not be elected to see their team play game 1
The board elections are every 2 years mate so they will they will be there in 2021 if they get elected next year.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The board needs 4years to make changes and get us back to a strong club again. After that then they can be judged

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The board needs 4years to make changes and get us back to a strong club again. After that then they can be judged
You’re right Bully. In 2022 there’s absolutely no excuses.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we can’t do anything until november 1 for recruitment within the rules come the end of next year if the squad they have is good and they perform they will be geniuses at least we have suffered one bad year not 4-5

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
we can’t do anything until november 1 for recruitment within the rules come the end of next year if the squad they have is good and they perform they will be geniuses at least we have suffered one bad year not 4-5
1 year? Last year, this year and next year are all bad years. We're only half way through this mess.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm fucking sick to death of the excuses now!!!
Nothing but fucking excuses as to why the team can't perform.
Our club is on the at the bottom now.
And what people want to give team/Club/Board a free pass until 2022????
FUCK THAT!!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm fucking sick to death of the excuses now!!!
Nothing but fucking excuses as to why the team can't perform.
Our club is on the at the bottom now.
And what people want to give team/Club/Board a free pass until 2022????
FUCK THAT!!!
Our club is nowhere near the bottom. Our team is at the bottom, exactly where they were expected to be.
I don’t know why people expect the worst roster in the NRL to win against better sides.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Our club is nowhere near the bottom. Our team is at the bottom, exactly where they were expected to be.
I don’t know why people expect the worst roster in the NRL to win against better sides.
Our once proud club is at the bottom now, make no mistake about that. We are a fucking basket case.

The "front of shop" has been gutted with people being sacked left & right with committees being formed to find replacements.
But guess what, no replacement staff are being employed!!
There's clearly not enough members of the Anderson & Moore families to fill the vacancies.

This year we are going to add to our wooden spoon collection. How's next year looking?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No, they should be judged now. They have made a decision to throw away our short term future for the long term and they should be judged on it.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I am not a fan of Pay and his coaching, the board should be given another term to show there capabilities. As you said we were warned about this slump. By 2021 we will have money and the board shall be judged by how they spend that money.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't know any better than every other fan what the club is doing behind closed doors. But they've been proactive in increasing the size of our junior base. They've won the signature of the best mid season signing available in DWZ. The biggest concern is that they extended Pays contract before he got results. But chopping and changing coaches rarely yields more than instability. If we show no signs of improvement I doubt Pay will be head coach next season. Whether or not he's demoted to assist or shown the door I don't know. But he's been given enough time to prove himself by the end of the season. The board in my opinion need longer to implement the changes the club needs.

Based on the signing of DWZ and Simpson, they've shown they're not idle. The right support staff are difficult to recruit. It was negligent of past administration to allow great staff to move on. It's just one of a number of issues this board has to deal with. I'm not going to judge them on the extension of Pays contract. For all I know they have plans to get someone else in with better credentials. I'd prefer that they aren't telegraphing future moves.

I'd love to have on field success now. But am realistic about the rebuilding process. When building a house you can get a prefabricated structure that will suffice. Rebuilding an NRL club has no prefabricated solutions. Chris Anderson was an instrumental part of getting Melbourne off the ground and I'm hopeful that he does just as well with resetting strong foundations here.