Andy Raymond - comments on Lichaa

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
you lose your touch in that area? picking up the ball and running while carrying the ball?
Picking the right times to run or not to run
Do it to often and defence is ready, as a hooker you need to pick the right times to run
Jmk of late was really finding his touch in that area, took him a long time but last few games he was very good

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If this fuckn spud was “elite “ I wonder how they describe cook?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While watching the Fiji vs Lebanon test the coms were talking about Lichaa.

Andy Raymond tells a story about how Lichaa was one of the elite running dummy halves in the junior ranks of rugby league. When Lichaa signed for the Bulldogs the first thing they tell him he isnt allowed to run because a running dummy half isnt in the game plan.

smh
Old news.... he’s shit.... move on

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Junior ranks is one thing and first grade is another.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Junior ranks is one thing and first grade is another.
Exactly. I remember Danny Levi from Newcastle used to score 10-15 tries a season in NYC as he'd just scoot from dummy half and score at will, in first grade he's managed 5 tries in close to 80 games, it just doesn't translate

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha . People still blame des structure too Lichaa’s ability as a top line hooker . Only thing des failed towards that guy was his judgement towards him . Excuses / excuses....

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Frustrating knowing cook was in our ranks . I remember sitting with cook and a friend of mine at a nsw cup game at Redfern oval I think it was . Day after our fg team got knocked out in week 1 finals against Penrith . He was speaking too my friend and they discussed his contract . Guy was still waiting for a contract from the dogs and his priority was too stay at the dogs with lesser money. They did not come too the table so he signed with rabbits . Poor judgement from des and his staff . Highly rate des as a coach , but believe his eye for talent is a huge let down .

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've never seen a player play so many FG games that is as ordinary as he is at their position that gets this many excuses made for them... Nothing is ever Lichaa's fault and it's this ignorant, stubborn mentality from him that's prevented him from becoming a decent player.

Maybe if he worked on his game instead of sulking and blaming Des and Pay and anyone else, he'd still be in FG and we wouldn't be having this Conversation.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Hardly elite pmsl. But those I have spoken to who watched him play in the halves coming through, have noted that he had slick passing skills on both sides. And at the moment he's playing as well in CC as he did before he signed with us.

Unfortunately he hasnt been able to progress his game in Grade (albeit brief moments of spark) but just decent in Reserves.

Choc

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Frustrating knowing cook was in our ranks . I remember sitting with cook and a friend of mine at a nsw cup game at Redfern oval I think it was . Day after our fg team got knocked out in week 1 finals against Penrith . He was speaking too my friend and they discussed his contract . Guy was still waiting for a contract from the dogs and his priority was too stay at the dogs with lesser money. They did not come too the table so he signed with rabbits . Poor judgement from des and his staff . Highly rate des as a coach , but believe his eye for talent is a huge let down .
Incorrect, was offered a deal by the dogs. Was for less money and not first choice hooker. Madge offered more money and first grade spot. $50k difference in contract worth.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You mean des buried lichaa
It was common knowledge he didn’t want him running and conserve energy for defence
You spend 4 years not being able to do something, you lose your touch in that area
In saying that his service from the ground, 2 step then pass and other shit killed the bloke
We seem to forget the huge defensive requirements by Hitler Hasler that caused major damages to the young hooker's shoulders that would have affected his passing game, I can't help but feel sorry for the bloke...He was a victim as much as the whole club was and is now !!!
It is what it is...Now we have to move on but we can't have the whole team and club suffer the consequences.
Some of our so called supporters are so good at pointing fingers, driven by the wrong and horrible motives !!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa could still be the greatest hooker in the comp.

If he can just pass himself off as a 12 year old and play in the under 13's comp.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cameron Smith doesn’t do much running...

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We seem to forget the huge defensive requirements by Hitler Hasler that caused major damages to the young hooker's shoulders that would have affected his passing game, I can't help but feel sorry for the bloke...He was a victim as much as the whole club was and is now !!!
It is what it is...Now we have to move on but we can't have the whole team and club suffer the consequences.
Some of our so called supporters are so good at pointing fingers, driven by the wrong and horrible motives !!!
Ok, whatever you say lichaa

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Hardly elite pmsl. But those I have spoken to who watched him play in the halves coming through, have noted that he had slick passing skills on both sides. And at the moment he's playing as well in CC as he did before he signed with us.

Unfortunately he hasnt been able to progress his game in Grade (albeit brief moments of spark) but just decent in Reserves.
If hw had "slick passing skills on both sides" what happened?
1. He can't pass off the ground now.
2. He can't throw a spiral pass left to right now.

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Incorrect, was offered a deal by the dogs. Was for less money and not first choice hooker. Madge offered more money and first grade spot. $50k difference in contract worth.
They treated him disrespe
I've never seen a player play so many FG games that is as ordinary as he is at their position that gets this many excuses made for them... Nothing is ever Lichaa's fault and it's this ignorant, stubborn mentality from him that's prevented him from becoming a decent player.

Maybe if he worked on his game instead of sulking and blaming Des and Pay and anyone else, he'd still be in FG and we wouldn't be having this Conversation.
agree completely . Lichaa has turned out too be one guy that blames others for his performances. Like when he played 3 above average matches with quality he nailed that down too playing his game . When he is poor for the majority off the year blames the coaching staff . Arrogant player . You can not have a completely running hooker it does ruin the game plan . He needs too have more skill in other areas .

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is fucking bullshit lies he’s had over 100 games and has done jack shit

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Passing part of game and who and where the ball should go to has let Lichaa down..

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Theres too much pride in the Lichaa family to blame themselves. But the fact of the matter is that Lichaa had plenty of time to change and prove Des wrong.

A Des style hooker like Matt Ballin and Andrew McCullough is still a valued commodity in the game and Lichaa doesn't even fall into this category.