Brandon wakeham

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Let’s hope both wakeham and Kalache get a chance towards this back half of season. With pay gone

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I missed the game but read he scored 20 points?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah the roosters will probably sign him, im hearing they are short on halves!

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham is one talented player. He is considered a local boy. Went to Westfield sports and played the game with some decent names. It is only a matter of time for him to play in the nrl. He is maturing each game he plays

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I missed the game but read he scored 20 points?
Try, 2 try assists, 3 line break assists, 8/9 goals. Really didn't have to do much because of how dominant the pack and outside backs were but chimed in with nice passes and looked to be doing a lot of talking off the ball. Threw one of the most visually appealing passes for a Vunivalu try.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He should absolutely get a run as should To'omaga, Katoa, Kalache and Harper. And Ogden obviously.... Play everyone that is eligible now and the others right after June 30 when they can be called up..

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Try, 2 try assists, 3 line break assists, 8/9 goals. Really didn't have to do much because of how dominant the pack and outside backs were but chimed in with nice passes and looked to be doing a lot of talking off the ball. Threw one of the most visually appealing passes for a Vunivalu try.
He also threw that second sexy pass for Vunivalu to put him down the sideline but was ruled a double movement. Both lovely balls.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Sack Pay.

Kennel collectively as Coach. Hahahaha...

But yeah I'm with everyone here. Give these promising guys a chance, tell em not to worry about the ladder this year and have some fun. They might not all transition into the top grade smoothly, but it's worth a shot.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogden/renouf/wakeham/kalache all need to be blooded in 1st grade,id even give lewis a crack at centre to stop us leaking points

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The standard of some of the teams in these tests was poor. Especially defensively. So judging a player that did well against a sub standard opposition might not be a great idea. If he gets a run in the NRL this year I'll judge his performance on that. Our season isn't going to slide downhill any further. But he's more likely to be found out against the NRL clubs that can put pressure on the halves than a rep team that has a week to work on defensive combinations.

In saying what I have above I don't care if we give him a call up over Brown if needed. I still think both Cogger and Lewis are ahead of him in the pecking order. Brown has a decent running game but is a ball hog of the highest order. It's not a good thing in a half. But the risk of setting a players confidence back a lot always becomes a factor by blooding a youngster in a side that's losing is another issue that needs to be considered. I'm honestly glad that I personally don't have to make these decisions.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was waiting for this thread...
I turned on the tv near the end of the game and saw Wakham was going well and thought the same thing...'omg there will be a thread on the kennel saying he should be the halfback now, sack Pay and Montoya is crap'....I'm not too far off...lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I turned on the tv near the end of the game and saw Wakham was going well and thought the same thing...'omg there will be a thread on the kennel saying he should be the halfback now, sack Pay and Montoya is crap'....I'm not too far off...lol
Tbf he has showed more as a halfback in the few games i've seen him play than anyone else at the club. Probably wouldn't blood him this season...would rather not blood anyone under Pay anymore tbh.

Reactions: DT

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes 20 yrs old only just come into Canterbury cup this year, I think it's too early to blood him in first grade.

I'd preferably wait until midway next season at earliest. Dont want to hinder his confidence and progress.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
EASILY NEEDS 1 MORE YEAR IN RESERVES.... EASILY.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Needs to get on the gear along with Meaney

Would be an absolutely stupid move to throw Wakeham into 1st grade this early.

No more youngsters to be thrown into 1st grade while Pay is head coach. They will develop better in Cup than in 1st grade under Pay

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe wakeham has the ability to be a first grade half - he has all the skills, tough attitude - needs to develop a running game. Has lifted every time he has gone up against better standard of teams. But until the dogs first grade forwards get some go forward and aggression n dominance in defence I d keep him in reggies. If at some point this year the dogs forwards start dominating other packs then give him a run.