The Family Club That Keeps Falling Apart

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thx spoonman.
Looks like a random they picked to make a point we abandon our juniors. Every club would have a few of them.
Yeah it was a weird name to pick out! Inferring we lost a gun junior does fit in with ***** agenda though.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I no longer will post any information i get on the dogs because its obvious the telecrap reads our posts. What i do know is that the telecrap no longer have any contacts at the dogs like they had with Dib. Everything they print on the dogs is guess work hoping something may eventuate on their crap. The fact that the telecrap have no contacts now at the dogs is a good thing for us but they dont like it. The last thing we need is newsmedia controlling us thats why in my opinion were lucky we have the board we have. All this speculation by telecrap is to destabilise the club started with Mad Monday as we all know that was a set up.
Paul Kent and his cronies have a mission and i hope those bastards are reading this because they are all nothing but slime. No other club is spoken about its board and management by the dt other than the dogs. If we all go back to the coffs harbour crap how we were battered everyday by the Telecrap good people lost their jobs at the dogs because of the bullshit and lies and then no charges laid.
Then dib joined the board and we were angels with the telecrap till he was thrown out. The only thing telecrap is good for is the crosswords puzzles

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wonder whether people like Weedler + Kent actually enjoy seeing fans hate them, otherwise what benefit could there be to articles like this. I'd say negative comments make them feel like they've achieved something, they stirred peoples emotions.
‘Arguing with a journalist is like wrestling a pig in mud….after a while you realise the pig likes it’ (anon).

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thx spoonman.
Looks like a random they picked to make a point we abandon our juniors. Every club would have a few of them.
don't know if he was ever on a contract but don't recall he ever played jun reps with the dogs. there are dozens of players on the fringe of rep squads or in rep squads who depending on club style, others competing for same position, move clubs. Often players trial with a number of clubs, particularly in Sydney, and end up going to the club they think they can get more game time. Some get cut the week before the rep comps start and end up playing the next week for another club.
Lot to consider before giving a junior a contract - lots of clubs get burned by the "biggest" kid on the field syndrome - "the flat track bully" - birth certificates play a part, - dogs got better with it this year - much smaller players across the squads.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is late interest in Kiraz saving face? What an odd bit of shinfo to put in. Kid is contracted to Cowboys now anyway.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for those who wholeheartedly support Chris Anderson in his role as our football oracle.

What makes you so confident that Chris Anderson is a better judge of football talent than oh lets say Andrew Farrar?
I don’t support Chris Anderson however Andrew Farrar as Football Manager was supposed to be Pay’s mentor/consultant/confidant & did jack shit- throw in he was a leftover from the Previous Board era & it was time to go. Ditto Patmore who has been horrendously disappointing in Pathways & Development; McDonnell in his recruitment role at the Club bringing us JMK,Suli (that lasted a fortnight) & Sue. All through his association with his former club would have been better suited to the Pathways role; which brings me to Gareth Holmes another Manly recruit who came across with a big reputation & pay packet but reminded of George Costanza with the Penske File.
In summary they all had to go, they were taking up too much revenue with little or no return.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kent is such a drama queen, what a load of shit. So is the club meant to keep every employee on indefinitely or until they die...wtf is he talking about. Go write some shit about another club you little grub, your a fucking 2 bit sports journo, what you’d know about running a football club is complete fuckall.

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So by definition you are happy for every club to operate that way?

Therefore you support open slather with respect to recruitment where clubs can approach any player at any time irrespective of the contract with their existing club?
Already do mate, ur silly if you think different
How do you think Klemmer got a contract offer from knights with years left on contract
Barba
Happens every day by well run clubs, we better get in on it too
Or stay at the bottom forever

P.s cracking avatar

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Kent is such a drama queen, what a load of shit. So is the club meant to keep every employee on indefinitely or until they die...wtf is he talking about. Go write some shit about another club you little grub, your a fucking 2 bit sports journo, what you’d know about running a football club is complete fuckall.
Hahaha, not sure if Paul Kent or Poor Cu*t

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree but the concern is Anderson sticking his nose in everything. A dictator like that can work and it can also be a disaster. Time will tell what happens with this. The article certainly has a agenda behind it and why the Pay thing is tricky. These type of articles will increase 10 fold when he’s sacked so it has to be carefully orchestrated.
I personally trust Chris Anderson with running a club as much as a bloke like Gould. Blokes an OG of the game, was part of our club during its best era whilst being mentored by Bullfrog himself and helped build a club from scratch in Melbourne who today are still one of the strongest with the foundations Anderson help lay.

The only worry I have is this culture they're trying to instil into this playing group for the future. The culture works well with real leaders like Graham or Gallen not blokes like Elliot and Tolman who constantly get dominated on the footy field.

Time will tell but something aint working at the club, I think the issue in regards to backing up a culture is a bit of an issue for me and unless they get the mix right it all seems a bit fruitless.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally trust Chris Anderson with running a club as much as a bloke like Gould. Blokes an OG of the game, was part of our club during its best era whilst being mentored by Bullfrog himself and helped build a club from scratch in Melbourne who today are still one of the strongest with the foundations Anderson help lay.

The only worry I have is this culture they're trying to instil into this playing group for the future. The culture works well with real leaders like Graham or Gallen not blokes like Elliot and Tolman who constantly get dominated on the footy field.

Time will tell but something aint working at the club, I think the issue in regards to backing up a culture is a bit of an issue for me and unless they get the mix right it all seems a bit fruitless.
Jury is still out on Anderson for mine he is very pig headed and stubborn. That can be a strength or weakness depending on if he’s getting things right. The biggest question is how Anderson can use a salary cap now things have changed a lot since the Storm came in 20 years ago.

I really don’t think Elliott or Tolman will have that much of a effect because let’s be honest in 3-4 years there’s not going to be much of this current playing group still at the club.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jury is still out on Anderson for mine he is very pig headed and stubborn. That can be a strength or weakness depending on if he’s getting things right. The biggest question is how Anderson can use a salary cap now things have changed a lot since the Storm came in 20 years ago.

I really don’t think Elliott or Tolman will have that much of a effect because let’s be honest in 3-4 years there’s not going to be much of this current playing still at the club.
I do agree because we know he can build a team but the mentalities of millennials and the previous gen are some what different.. Maybe this whole hardworking culture just aint gonna work.

Your right this team wont be the same in 3-4 years but they want to create this culture... Where is this core group that will be around after 3-4 years to pass it on??

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
he was a leftover from the Previous Board era & it was time to go.
This is the problem I have with Lynne & Chris Anderson, why has the change in board need to be so partisan?

Guys who have bulldog DNA (Which the board said is so important) like Farrar and Peponis and others have been run out of town with a winner take all attitude.

Yet this board may only in place for 2 maybe 4 years if they don't see success on the football field. Yet they are burning more bridges than a retreating army.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the problem I have with Lynne & Chris Anderson, why has the change in board need to be so partisan?

Guys who have bulldog DNA (Which the board said is so important) like Farrar and Peponis and others have been run out of town with a winner take all attitude.

Yet this board may only in place for 2 maybe 4 years if they don't see success on the football field. Yet they are burning more bridges than a retreating army.
In regards to Peponis his comments on the eve of the election made his positions on the boards untenable if the Anderson ticket won.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In regards to Peponis his comments on the eve of the election made his positions on the boards untenable if the Anderson ticket won.
Why?? Why couldn't they have a "rapproachement" with some who opposed them, for the good of the club. That's what usually happens!!.

Is this club the personal serfdom of the Anderson & Moore families? It seems like Lynne & Chris Anderson certainty think so as they go on their merry way sacking everyone connect with the old board & management.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why?? Why couldn't they have a "rapproachement" with some who opposed them, for the good of the club. That's what usually happens!!.

Is this club the personal serfdom of the Anderson & Moore families? It seems like Lynne & Chris Anderson certainty think so as they go on their merry way sacking everyone connect with the old board & management.
Peponis was the one the resigned after going to town on the Andersons prior to the election. So I’m not sure why you think they should run after him and ask him to come back?

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I really don’t think Elliott or Tolman will have that much of a effect because let’s be honest in 3-4 years there’s not going to be much of this current playing group still at the club.
He will use the salary cap like he taught melbourne, roosters and us to do 20 years ago lol.
Like its not even there lol hahahaha.
2004 here we come lol. Bring out the sombreros boys lol.....

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. Makes sense with all of the shots at the new board. He and Crawley have such a hard on for Dib and Hasler it's not funny and they just won't let it go.
My THEORY about Kent and Crawley is that by glorifying Dib and Des they are attempting to divide our our fans, they know that our fans have divided loyalties between the old board and the new one. They only promoted Dib and Des when our club was in free fall in 2017, and they were afraid that the new ticket would turn things around.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My THEORY about Kent and Crawley is that by glorifying Dib and Des they are attempting to divide our our fans, they know that our fans have divided loyalties between the old board and the new one. They only promoted Dib and Des when our club was in free fall in 2017, and they were afraid that the new ticket would turn things around.
I think it’s mainly due to the Bulldogs having a passionate supporter base that they can stir up and the bulk of opposition fans hating the Dogs. They know Bulldogs stories draw hits and now they can drag this story line out all the way to February.

A

Alexander the Great

The result from this is Ponga is now asking questions to his manager regarding dogs and what they would offer him in 2021.

I have been told the deal with Latrell has been put on ice until the meet Ponga next week after SOO !!!! Massive if we nail him
They have the same player manager so he is using them both against each other to secure a huge contract which will make himself a shit load more money.

Cheeky ****

I say we fully focus on Ponga and build around him.