Back To The Future

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In order to advance in the future we need to go back to the past and see what worked for us...
Everyone raves about Melbourne but they should thank Bullforg for their success...He emulated our/his blue prints there !!!
Here' why...
Great spines make great teams and our greatest era the 80's we formed the greatest combination eg. 1. Potter, 6. Lamb, 7. Mortimer 9. Bugden / Johnston arguably one of the greatest in the history of rugby league.
Yes management and board members...It can be done it's called TPA !!!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So who in our current management currently or lets say future management can entice TPA's? I doubt the current crop can't as we certainly haven't seen it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chris Anderson runs a recruiting company and would be having day to day dealings with plenty of potential businesses that could provide TPA’s. Without TPAs heavily subsidising the cap you’re fighting the rest of the comp with one arm tied behind your back.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So who in our current management currently or lets say future management can entice TPA's? I doubt the current crop can't as we certainly haven't seen it.
The way I look at the situation...
The current administrators and board members have the connections to attract talent from country NSW, QLD and NZ.
The previous administrators and board members have the know-how and connections to attract TPAs.
Both parties told us they have the clubs best interest at heart, most of them are Canterbury people and successful business owners.
For our club to succeed they must iron out their differences and unit, this way they will sent a spear into the heats of the evils that divided them Todd Greenturd & Hitler Hasler !!!
Bullfrog will keep turning in his grave until ALL HIS BULL-PUPS UNIT !!!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The way I look at the situation...
The current administrators and board members have the connections to attract talent from country NSW, QLD and NZ.
The previous administrators and board members have the know-how and connections to attract TPAs.
Both parties told us they have the clubs best interest at heart, most of them are Canterbury people and successful business owners.
For our club to succeed they must iron out their differences and unit, this way they will sent a spear into the heats of the evils that divided them Todd Greenturd & Hitler Hasler !!!
Bullfrog will keep turning in his grave until ALL HIS BULL-PUPS UNIT !!!
Ok, so you're thinking both emotionally and logically. I agree with your sentiments wholly. Ill ask you a question which you may or may not have answered previously on another thread. Could Gould be of assistance seeing he is extremely successful with sponsor relationships, and media pull power.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok, so you're thinking both emotionally and logically. I agree with your sentiments wholly. Ill ask you a question which you may or may not have answered previously on another thread. Could Gould be of assistance seeing he is extremely successful with sponsor relationships, and media pull power.
Before I answer your question, I am blown away by the other thread ( the family club that keeps falling apart ) that I just read it.
The Evil Telecrap is at it again trying to discredit our club and confuse Mitchell !!!
As for Gould, I believe he is very intelligent when it comes to football and is inspirational in dealing with players as for his sponsorship business I honestly can't tell much but I would have an issue trusting him !!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thinking that the Andersons, Dib and any other opposing parties are going to unite for the interests of the bulldogs is a pipe dream. It's like wishing political parties will work together for the benefit of Australia, never going to happen.

Anyone who doesn't evolve in this world is doomed for failure - what worked 30 years ago won't necessarily work now. The board need to do what's best for the club here and now, not the way we used to do it 30 years ago. You can take aspects of what worked but it needs to be combined with this day and age.

And I highly doubt a telegraph article is going to confuse Mitchell about what he's going to do.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Before I answer your question, I am blown away by the other thread ( the family club that keeps falling apart ) that I just read it.
The Evil Telecrap is at it again trying to discredit our club and confuse Mitchell !!!
As for Gould, I believe he is very intelligent when it comes to football and is inspirational in dealing with players as for his sponsorship business I honestly can't tell much but I would have an issue trusting him !!!
The Telecrap will always take great interest in our club whether good or otherwise. There must be an underlying agenda other than click bait.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chris Anderson runs a recruiting company and would be having day to day dealings with plenty of potential businesses that could provide TPA’s. Without TPAs heavily subsidising the cap you’re fighting the rest of the comp with one arm tied behind your back.
Agreed. The trouble is we just dont have the calibre of player that encourages TPAs. If we signed Latrell or Ponga I'm sure we would see an increase.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thinking that the Andersons, Dib and any other opposing parties are going to unite for the interests of the bulldogs is a pipe dream. It's like wishing political parties will work together for the benefit of Australia, never going to happen.

Anyone who doesn't evolve in this world is doomed for failure - what worked 30 years ago won't necessarily work now. The board need to do what's best for the club here and now, not the way we used to do it 30 years ago. You can take aspects of what worked but it needs to be combined with this day and age.

And I highly doubt a telegraph article is going to confuse Mitchell about what he's going to do.
According to my information The Moores the Andersons and Dib were very close nit friends until once a board member and now is one did the dirty...I agree that they will not unit as long as he is there.
And didn't you notice how all the News Ltd organisations continued to discredit Mitchell ?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Telecrap will always take great interest in our club whether good or otherwise. There must be an underlying agenda other than click bait.
When Raelene Castle was the CEO, I believe she questioned Rothfield why the telecraps continued harassment of our club ?
His answer was simple...Canterbury's news sells !

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest our 80’s premierships (84,85,88) was built on our forward pack and style (the real dogs of war) We could rely on limited points being scored against us and then our halves mainly (Mortimer and Lamb) would ignite our outside backs (Farrar, Chris and Peter Mortimer, Tony Currie etc etc) Don’t think we had a ‘spine’ that was one of the greatest of all time?
We could ‘shut down’ Parras ‘all star’ backline by our defence.
We def need some nice 3rd parties to deliver some talent. Dibb tried to be ‘Uncle Nick’ but didn’t deliver in anyway! Uncle Nick apparently throws cars in to contracts as another tidbit

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be honest our 80’s premierships (84,85,88) was built on our forward pack and style (the real dogs of war) We could rely on limited points being scored against us and then our halves mainly (Mortimer and Lamb) would ignite our outside backs (Farrar, Chris and Peter Mortimer, Tony Currie etc etc) Don’t think we had a ‘spine’ that was one of the greatest of all time?
We could ‘shut down’ Parras ‘all star’ backline by our defence.
We def need some nice 3rd parties to deliver some talent. Dibb tried to be ‘Uncle Nick’ but didn’t deliver in anyway! Uncle Nick apparently throws cars in to contracts as another tidbit
you mean when the contract gets delivered they leave the new car in your driveway

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get the local kebab shop to pump in some TPAs with their undeclared cash.. homous and tabouli arent enough these days..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sack to the future !!

That’s what is should be !!