News Folau case may send Rugby Australia broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tonga have said that they'll take Folau and the other Christians 'cause being gay is illegal in Tonga.
I'd say NZ would take him but they have wiped Israel off the map and called it Palestine lol

True story allegedly...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He's now started a go fund me page for his legal action. Up to $11,000 of his $3 million (yes, three million dollars) goal.

I suppose if you don't ask...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He's now started a go fund me page for his legal action. Up to $11,000 of his $3 million (yes, three million dollars) goal.

I suppose if you don't ask...
It wouldn't surprise me if the George Pell case is similar in terms of fees - only thing is he's got Christian millionaires in his corner happy to fund it for him.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Pretty sure he's Tongan.
He probably is Tongan but his surname sounds very Samoan - maybe his grandparents or grandfather from a few generations back is Samoan. They're pretty close to each other, like Sydney - Melbourne.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
LOL he's raised $150k in donations already for legal feels to take it to Rugby Australia in the courts.

Wahesh

Reaction score
LOL he's raised $150k in donations already for legal feels to take it to Rugby Australia in the courts.
If I was worth over $100,000,000 I'd pay the whole lot for him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I was worth over $100,000,000 I'd pay the whole lot for him.
Many would. The sad part is that many people donating to him have probably never donated to charity.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to wonder what's more important. Donating to starving children, or donating to an angry sports star.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to wonder what's more important. Donating to starving children, or donating to an angry sports star.
Bit "rich" for a former mercenary who happily hopped from code to code looking for the biggest paycheque, amassing millions without caring about anyone but himself, now wants others to fund his legal costs. Will he be repaying the money to those making a donation, or a portion of his payout if he wins? Because, after all, its not about the money for Izzy...

But seriously, I get what you are saying, and you really see some daft shit on go fund me and related pages (like the couples who want people to pay for their holidays), but at the end of the day, it's up to people how they spend their own money, whether to a sick kid who needs life saving surgery or to this guy.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely people's choice how they spend their own money, but this is a sad sight.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if the George Pell case is similar in terms of fees - only thing is he's got Christian millionaires in his corner happy to fund it for him.
Don't forget he also has support from Tony Abbott & John Howard.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it sad?

Folau has done nothing wrong.
Are you asking, how is it sad that he's the highest fund-raiser easily beating the kids that are dying of terminal diseases?

Pretty sure his payout is more important than children living.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know what Church Folau preaches at, as I have a plan on how we can afford a new quality coach, half, hooker, prop and pay part of Latrells salary.

When he wins the court case he will deposit the damages awarded in the churches poor box.

Then we steal it.

Status
Not open for further replies.