RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Latrell has had one bad game in 2 seasons. And it was a shocker but before state of origin everyone was talking about this kid as the most devastating in the game. You named 4 players and at the start of the year Ponga couldn’t play at 5/8 had to be moved now he’s the best player going according to everyone. RTS has not been spotted since he left Easts and his team is never near the top not sure how you can include him same as DCE or is it because of their salary they are included ?

If these guys are cream of the crop Mitchell deserves to be there on his performances. Because they have been impressive.
No doubt in my mind, he has been great.

But tell me - have you even seen Lolo have a bad game? And when I say bad game, I mean by NRL standards, not his own. That is a marquee player. The only quiet games Ponga has had is when he was at 5/8th.

As for your RTS comment - he is a gun. With all due respect, any argument you present forward about him "not being spotted" goes out the window - he won the Dally M with the Warriors (in case you have forgotten).

My biggest concern is putting in 1 million dollars into a position that is probably considered almost endangered by our greats, because of:

a) the lack of quality in the market
b) the quick ones are put on the wing
c) the bigger ones are thrust into the pack (which seems to the be an obsession with coaches these days).
d) he is yet to reach the consistency of a player deserving of that coin.

If he was brought here to play a half or fullback, sure. Let's take a punt.

But the utter stupidity of some on here for failing to see that he is yet to consistently put in performances demanding of a marquee salary is quiet baffling.

Remember what I said - good players and greater players - consistency is key. And if you want a stark reminder, go watch Ben Roberts give Lockyer a bath in 2009. Now how many other games did he do that? Latrell has smashed plenty of opponents, but spending MORE than 1/10th of your cap on, for me, a high risk player (who clearly has some sort of mental roadblocks hampering him at the moment) is madness, because of his lack of consistency, and my lack of belief in this coaching team getting the best out of him.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell has had one bad game in 2 seasons. And it was a shocker but before state of origin everyone was talking about this kid as the most devastating in the game. You named 4 players and at the start of the year Ponga couldn’t play at 5/8 had to be moved now he’s the best player going according to everyone. RTS has not been spotted since he left Easts and his team is never near the top not sure how you can include him same as DCE or is it because of their salary they are included ?

If these guys are cream of the crop Mitchell deserves to be there on his performances. Because they have been impressive.
Really?
I am pretty sure he won the Dally M last year?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Really?
TK goes full retard on here once they get hyped about a certain player and start making ridiculous statements lol.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?
Not sure if people actually watch games or just check the final score and think a certain player is shit coz their team isn't winning?
RTS is a fuckin weapon and we should've thrown plenty of coin at him a couple of years back instead of fuckin Woods and Foz

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really?
Did he ? That’s my bad. Maybe with the warriors being 8th last season I didn’t expect any of their players to win anything

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Refer to my post above.
the whole world knows the rorters are full of shit and they just put it right out there in the open.
They arent even trying to hide it LOL.
Grubs mate, and 5he nrl can’t do a thing without proof

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mates Mrs works on the set of Fox Sports... apparently off camera every presenter (Ennis and co) don't give the Dogs a chance in hell signing Latrell... all supposedly are confident Roosters will pay him whatever he needs to keep him at Bondi.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mates Mrs works on the set of Fox Sports... apparently off camera every presenter (Ennis and co) don't give the Dogs a chance in hell signing Latrell... all supposedly are confident Roosters will pay him whatever he needs to keep him at Bondi.
Going off what your boss's Mrs is saying well that is just terrible news, wonder if we are really after manu instead,?

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sacking of Latrell after 1 bad game was pure evil...I’m not sure what the fuck Freddy Fitler is smoking but it’s definitely high grade

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d take that with a grain of salt. The cockroaches that work in the media (incl former players) are exactly who everyone avoids when it comes to these kind of deals.
Additionally, who are these people to decide what money or deal is enough to get him or anyone else to move clubs.

I don’t doubt what your mates Missy’s is hearing but scoff at the views they all have.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not sure if people actually watch games or just check the final score and think a certain player is shit coz their team isn't winning?
RTS is a fuckin weapon and we should've thrown plenty of coin at him a couple of years back instead of fuckin Woods and Foz
Fucking oath. Technically Teddy is better, but my favourite fullback is RTS

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d take that with a grain of salt. The cockroaches that work in the media (incl former players) are exactly who everyone avoids when it comes to these kind of deals.
Additionally, who are these people to decide what money or deal is enough to get him or anyone else to move clubs.

I don’t doubt what your mates Missy’s is hearing but scoff at the views they all have.
Totally agree but it was a real eye opener seeing how angry some of these journos were on NRL 360 at the thought of Latrell going to the dogs. Each of them spewing and ranting about how bad this would be for Latrell, how could Latrell function without his beloved mentor Trent Robinson, only Trent can save him....i felt sick listening to it.

One thing I know for sure is most of the Jouros are totally in the dark these days, clubs feed them any bullshit...they run away and write the story, only to find about 5% is actually fact

Last edited:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grubs mate, and 5he nrl can’t do a thing without proof
The NRL can’t do anything. Roosters have Ian Schubert (ex NRL salary cap auditor) on their books. No need to say any more