Consolidated Pay Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
If anyone has any inside info on pay sacking please share, I don’t think I can watch another game of his rubbish

Just in. Mitchell has requested to be coached by Dean Pay. Dean Pay has signed a provisional 10 yr contract to be confirmed once Mitchell has put pen to paper.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Me thinks the players need to have a long hard look at themseles

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL the bloke spends 2 minutes telling them to complete at 90%
Dean to tell forwards to tackle like this.

KPI's or dropped.

We need to be much more aggressive in defence and get teams to start taking their eye of the ball to see who is coming to hit em hard.

Can't understand why we don't as Pay was certainly one of the biggest hitters in defence.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This board doing what the previous board did head in the sand hoping pay jags a win

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I swear he’s being bias as lot relate to him coaching them in under 20s NSW origin team in 2015 I think so it doesn’t surprise me that Joe Stimson is coming And Maybe Latrell Mitchell as they were both coached under him then

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I swear he’s being bias as lot relate to him coaching them in under 20s NSW origin team in 2015 I think so it doesn’t surprise me that Joe Stimson is coming And Maybe Latrell Mitchell as they were both coached under him then
What’s the problem with Stimson and Mitchell?

Go Dogs

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Get real. Dean Pay is not being biased. He is being honest. The guys he dropped needed to be dropped.
However, he doesnt have a great talent pool to work with. Will be better before you know it.
I hope so cause we at least need to give a few others a crack we have nothing to loose

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bulldogs need a total makeover,we have no identity we need some young pups with mad upside

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2015 NSW Under 20's, would probably still beat the 2019 bulldogs.

1. Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters)

2. Brian Kelly (Gold Coast)

3. John Olive (South Sydney)

4. Robert Jennings (Penrith)

5. Brent Naden (Penrith)

6. Jackson Hastings (Sydney Roosters)

7. Drew Hutchison (St George Illawarra)

8. Alex Twal (Parramatta)

9. Grant Garvey (Sydney Roosters)

10. Liam Knight (Manly)

11. Joe Stimson (Melbourne)

12. Tyrell Fuimaono (Parramatta)

13. Luke Yates (Newcastle)

14. Jacob Liddle (Wests Tigers)

15. Oliver Clark (Penrith)

16. Addison Demetriou (Manly)

17. Hame Sele (St George Illawarra)

18. Matt Woods (Wests Tigers)

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, so that explains John Olive.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get real. Dean Pay is not being biased. He is being honest. The guys he dropped needed to be dropped.
However, he doesnt have a great talent pool to work with. Will be better before you know it.
How then can you justify the constant selection of under performing players like Elliot when Ogden, CHN, Renouf have been in reggies?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How then can you justify the constant selection of under performing players like Elliot when Ogden, CHN, Renouf have been in reggies?
As fans we just look at what happens on the field, but the coaching staff when selecting a team look at a lot of other factors. For example, is it possible that one of players you have named is over his agreed target weight and has failed to achieve his fitness target? Another possibly being punished for not abiding by the players code of conduct. The other coming back from a tricky injury and almost certainly has recovery targets to hit before he can be subject to the riggers of NRL level.

We only see what's on the field, we don't see what happens at training, in the recovery room and what the players themselves have agreed to as their codes of conduct.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As fans we just look at what happens on the field, but the coaching staff when selecting a team look at a lot of other factors. For example, is it possible that one of players you have named is over his agreed target weight and has failed to achieve his fitness target? Another possibly being punished for not abiding by the players code of conduct. The other coming back from a tricky injury and almost certainly has recovery targets to hit before he can be subject to the riggers of NRL level.

We only see what's on the field, we don't see what happens at training, in the recovery room and what the players themselves have agreed to as their codes of conduct.

Go Dogs
I agree with what you're saying to an extent, but there's only so far being a good trainer without being a good player on the field can get you.
I greatly admire Elliot's work ethic, his personality and generosity with the community work he does, hes a great ambassador for our club, but sadly lacks on the field in the top grade.
When we are getting pumped every week, we can't just keep accepting 'good guys' with poor performances.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Cool story bro...heard it before in every other thread you posted it in. Just to clarify, what you say could be true as it could also be true that Pay believes that Bulldogs are best served by having Elliot play 80 mistake riddled minutes, that the first grade team is too strong to give Renouf a spot on the bench and Ogden deserved to be dropped based on performance.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Find another way to punish players for not meeting certain criteria. This isn’t school. Yes they are NRL players who will never be squeaky clean or perfect but we only play 24 games in a regular season attempting to make finals. If we’re not putting our best team on the paddock each week, then we aren’t taking the season as seriously as we should be

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

I agree with what you're saying to an extent, but there's only so far being a good trainer without being a good player on the field can get you.
I greatly admire Elliot's work ethic, his personality and generosity with the community work he does, hes a great ambassador for our club, but sadly lacks on the field in the top grade.
When we are getting pumped every week, we can't just keep accepting 'good guys' with poor performances.
I completely agree, but my opinion (and it's only my opinion nothing more) is that Elliot isn't being picked just because he's a good trainer, good guy, from the country, one of the leadership group etc. It's because the alternatives have other issues that rule them out of even being considered as a replacement for him.

Go Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.