RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seriously, I have been reading that the Dogs would be a bad place for him emotionally yet he is currently at the Rorters and seems to be emotionally damaged. How can they say that their club would be better for him considering his is fuked at their club? I think they were starting to turn on him, then the Dogs thing comes out and now they want to love him again so he stays.
The rorters in a bit of a difficult situation now with Gus and Freddy not exactly on Latrell's xmas card list you wouldn't think. (There's that confidence thing again). Them being Rooster fixtures it's complicated. Oh well see how it all pans out.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bullshit they won’t go higher, they will offer 800k maybe more
The TPA will make up what ever the difference is...
Remember Braith Anasta's saga, he left us for the Rorters supposedly for $285K a season yet South offered him $500k a season and that's when his uncle George Piggins lost it and said...I can't understand why a player would sign for $285k and not $500k .
Do we know why ???

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
So it's feasible, under existing rules, to compile a roster such as theirs.
No one else seems able to manage it.
It really shouldn't be that hard to use all those tricks available ...but no other club seems able to achieve it.
Melbourne's roster isn't too shabby, not quite as good as it was back in the Smith, Cronk, Slater, Inglis etc days of course, but they got caught then (albeit via a whistle blower)
Broncos roster is also pretty flash, they aren't living up to it, but there are still some BIG$ players.
The Wabbits with Reynolds, Walker, Gagai, Roberts, Cook, and Burgesses aren't cheap.

Go Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously, I have been reading that the Dogs would be a bad place for him emotionally yet he is currently at the Rorters and seems to be emotionally damaged. How can they say that their club would be better for him considering his is fuked at their club? I think they were starting to turn on him, then the Dogs thing comes out and now they want to love him again so he stays.
The damage was done by the Rorters when they sacked his brother who ended up at the Bulldogs

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The damage was done by the Rorters when they sacked his brother who ended up at the Bulldogs
I just can't imagine the Rorters being a club that would support anyone. They strike me as a boy's club place where if your winning and cool then your their cherry pie but if things are a little off then they would dump you like last Tuesday's dinner.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The TPA will make up what ever the difference is...
Remember Braith Anasta's saga, he left us for the Rorters supposedly for $285K a season yet South offered him $500k a season and that's when his uncle George Piggins lost it and said...I can't understand why a player would sign for $285k and not $500k .
Do we know why ???
No it won’t, rooster tpa in total last year was 275k
Total for whole club
All tpa were published for public viewing

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His brother is still at the roosters this very minute, I don’t know why all is speculating that we have signed him, it’s not true he is still at the roosters.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
No it won’t, rooster tpa in total last year was 275k
Total for whole club
All tpa were published for public viewing
All that list proved was that the Rorters have to be cheating. They were better off saying their TPA's were 2 mil then atleast people would think that the TPA's are topping it all up.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apparently Mitchell said that hes never thought about leaving roosters, but says if there is interest he will be leaving all the talking to his manager

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently Mitchell said that hes never thought about leaving roosters, but says if there is interest he will be leaving all the talking to his manager
He’s not really going to come out and say he can’t wait to leave the club. Anything players say should be taken with a big grain of salt they are like robots with the media training they get.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Everyone (clubs, managers, players) lies in NRL and they have to. The only other way is to have no comment on absolutely everything, even if it isn't true, otherwise it's to obvious.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is typical Roosters. They pillage the best players from other teams in the league for years because they have no juniors of their own and cheat the cap with impunity because they know they won't get caught. The way they control the media is sickening. Every other player is allowed to try and earn top dollar but when Latrell does it, a smear campaign is launched and he's seen as selfish, ungrateful and emotionally unstable and therefore a massive "risk".

There is risk involved with any player, some more than others. But unlike most others, Mitchell is actually a good kid who doesn't get into trouble off the field, doesn't have the ego he easily could considering what he has achieved at such a young age and realises he has a lot left to learn and work on.

The Roosters are just pissed because for once they don't control the negotiations and risk losing one of the superstars of the league before he's near his prime. They're getting a taste of their own medicine and it's about fucking time.
Post of the year!!

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting to watch this:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/20/the-seven-moments-that-cost-latrell-mitchell-his-nsw-jersey/

Did take some lazy options, but hardly worth dropping from the team for after 1 average game. I'm sure you could put the microscope on several other players and highlight each of there bad plays over 80 minutes
You are going to get games like this out of Latrell from time to time. If he has a quite game attacking wise you won’t even know he’s on the field he is a lazy player. On the flip side when he’s on in attack there’s no one better.