RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those motherfuckers have been comfortable for too long someone needs to give it back to em at the very least squeeze every dollar out of them if they want to keep him
We haven't forgotten what they did to our team after the 2004 premiership win, so I hope somehow we manage to get him just so they can taste it finally
Fucken *****

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Your figures seem fair enough in reality and should be close to the mark
Unfortunately my faith in the entire NRL and so called auditing process is gone
I’m not naive to know other clubs are also dishonest
These third,fourth,fifth... party payments are impossible to police
They being the big boys club have their favourites,dogs not in the club
The salary cap auditor has lots of powers, including being able to ask for players' tax returns. If they are being paid outside the cap then it will have to appear on their tax return, if it doesn't that amounts to tax fraud and is a gaolable offence. That also extends to spouses. TPA's are also audited to make sure that they are true TPA's, not involving anyone related to the club. It's getting more difficult every year to sneak something past the auditor who currently is Richard Gardham an ex Deloittes manager, so he knows his stuff. Not suggesting that it's impossible, just getting harder and with a higher risk of getting caught.

Maybe it's just my family but I don't know many that I would trust to give me the $150k (less tax) that they got paid under the table.:cry:

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's imagine for a minute that you are the NRL salary cap auditor, would you sign off on a $400k contract for Mitchell knowing that we had offered $1m? A $1m that we could afford, both financially and under our cap. What excuse would be enough for you to believe that anyone in their right mind would give up $600k x 5 years = $3m? Personally I can't think of one, that's why publicising it is a good thing, the Chooks have nowhere to hide.

Go Dogs
Cos everything is cheaper in eastern suburbs? Rent, petrol, food lol

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
done deal wit mitchell, we only need a 9 and 7 , i do not give a shit about another forward

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
forwards are overatted just like in nba give me offence over deffence any day

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The salary cap auditor has lots of powers, including being able to ask for players' tax returns. If they are being paid outside the cap then it will have to appear on their tax return, if it doesn't that amounts to tax fraud and is a gaolable offence. That also extends to spouses. TPA's are also audited to make sure that they are true TPA's, not involving anyone related to the club. It's getting more difficult every year to sneak something past the auditor who currently is Richard Gardham an ex Deloittes manager, so he knows his stuff. Not suggesting that it's impossible, just getting harder and with a higher risk of getting caught.

Maybe it's just my family but I don't know many that I would trust to give me the $150k (less tax) that they got paid under the table.:cry:

Go Dogs
It's not under the table..

You get employed by the company as a cleaner for $150k a year. Your hours are 0 to 0. You can work from home. You still file a tax return, it's just you don't do any work for the actual money.

It's done as a favour to the player and completely undetectable and allowable.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you might be a bit over once TPA's and other outside of the cap "incentives" are removed (eg; Cronk to Harvard and $100k worth of cars each every year). Plus they were signed before the "no back ended contracts" rule, so last year, this year and next year comparisons are tricky.
Cronk $900k
Tedesco $800k (could jump to $900k next year with no Cronk)
Cricton $650k
Keary $700k
Mitchell $550k (jumps to $650k next year)
That's $3.1m this year which leaves $6.5m between 25 players or $260k average, which is doable. Especially as they would have 10 or so players on or around the minimum $105k, which leaves $360k average for the other 15 players, again not unrealistic.

From memory Gordon was only there for 1 year 2017 and was the first string fullback, he was let go and Tedsco arrived in 2018.

Go Dogs
Maybe I am slightly over, but I think you are underselling by a bit.
Going by your methodology, the third party endorsements and incentives must be quite high to have the team they have on the above-mentioned base salaries.
Remember that graph that got published last year showing the clubs so called 'Third Party' contracts?
Roosters were right at the bottom in terms of what their players 'earn' via third party contracts.

Again, not guaranteed source of truth, but reports had Cricton at $1m (Which is hilarious in itself as he is SO overrated) and while this might be inflated, I would have to think it would be more around the range of $800+. Keary I would also suggest is higher than $700,000.

And where is Cordner in this mess? Current NSW and Australian captain? Must be at a minimum $500k

Its a farce and everyone can see it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Do you believe the system is working atm and the Roosters are not rorting this year for instance?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not under the table..
You get employed by the company as a cleaner for $150k a year. Your hours are 0 to 0. You can work from home. You still file a tax return, it's just you don't do any work for the actual money.
It's done as a favour to the player and completely undetectable and allowable.
The people who get paid as an employee have to declare it on their tax return as it reported to the ATO by the payer. So they only actually get ~$98k after tax, medicare levy etc. If they have another "real" job then they lose even more in tax from both incomes. If they don't have a job then they lose their centrelink payments. The player also has to trust that they (who are already committing fraud) will actually give him what's left of the $150k in some undetectable form, not just for this year but every year of the contract. Of course families never have a falling out over money. Remembering also that banks report anything over $9k in cash deposits.

Sure it's not impossible, but the risks for everyone involved is very high as are the chances of getting caught and spending some time in gaol.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Do you believe the system is working atm and the Roosters are not rorting this year for instance?
I absolutely believe that the Chooks are using every single possible loop hole in the NRL salary cap, TPA's, cars, education etc. Grey areas are also not out of bounds I'm sure. It's the committing deliberate acts of fraud that I'm not so sure about.

Go Dogs

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt Nasheed always talk about going yo Taree with his mate?

Maybe Nasheed is the tattooed Leb and his mate is Choc

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I absolutely believe that the Chooks are using every single possible loop hole in the NRL salary cap, TPA's, cars, education etc. Grey areas are also not out of bounds I'm sure. It's the committing deliberate acts of fraud that I'm not so sure about.

Go Dogs
So it's feasible, under existing rules, to compile a roster such as theirs.

No one else seems able to manage it.

It really shouldn't be that hard to use all those tricks available ...but no other club seems able to achieve it.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have an issue signing a marquee player for a million a year such as Mitchell. But, I'd be throwing that million towards Tom Trbojevic because it could almost guarantee we'd get his brother Jake for about $700k. How sweet that would be to stick it up Hasler. Nah I'm not still hurting lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
That’s all good if you believe Easts are very good at accounting and working the system to their advantage
I personally don’t think they are sqeeky clean,the money can be forwarded these days without ever been tracked
Deliberate acts of fraud are part of their DNA as a club.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't have an issue signing a marquee player for a million a year such as Mitchell. But, I'd be throwing that million towards Tom Trbojevic because it could almost guarantee we'd get his brother Jake for about $700k. How sweet that would be to stick it up Hasler. Nah I'm not still hurting lol
Yes we need to drive up the value of other teams stars. We'd still likely not get them but it means their clubs will have to pay for it.

Going after the Turbo brothers has been widely reported so not far fetched at all.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Seriously, I have been reading that the Dogs would be a bad place for him emotionally yet he is currently at the Rorters and seems to be emotionally damaged. How can they say that their club would be better for him considering his is fuked at their club? I think they were starting to turn on him, then the Dogs thing comes out and now they want to love him again so he stays.