Value for money

Is Latrell Mitchell an astute and sound investment at $10m over 10 years?

• Yes

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 58 55.2%

• Total voters

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
After 3 lean years, at the end of 1983 Bullfrog signed 9 players and a coach to rebuild the team.
I can't see why Lynn couldn't simulate to an extent taking the salary cap into consideration
Rebuild the spine with a young smart and fast hooker ( Turpin ) ? , and two of these 3 players Munster, Ponga, Mitchell and a coach to go with them then everything else will fall in place
It's possible...Melbourne does it why can't we ???

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wether we get Latrell or not, we have 100% rattled the cage. Commentators, Facebook and chookpen forum are all full off butthurt fans denying it.
Oh man, if anyone here ever needs a laugh, go read some threads on the chookpen.
Never seen a bigger congregation of delusional douchebags on my life, and on the world wide web that is a big accomplishment :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: DT

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Munster is defiantly worth that
Watch the balls he was putting ponga onto in the first origin
He is storms chief playmaker and most dangerous player
Do you remember...When Ponga signed for $700 thousand a season with the knights everyone said it was a risk
There are no certainties in life !!!

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
FUCK YES!! BRING HIM OVER!! sick of watching our duds...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oh man, if anyone here ever needs a laugh, go read some threads on the chookpen.
Never seen a bigger congregation of delusional douchebags on my life, and on the world wide web that is a big accomplishment :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Yeah mate they are a bunch of entitled condescending wankers...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I voted No even though if that's the only option then yes....if that makes sense. I would prefer 5 mil over 5 years.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No way is any centra worth that amount of money. They barely touch the ball and rely on others to provide space or opportunity. Only players worth that amount are fullback,half and hooker. And those talking about taumalolo well the injuries have already started to set in. Lucky if he makes it half way through the deal the way he currently plays before breaking down totally
But thats a good thing... You get them locked up for their prime years then medically retire them at the end and they don't count towards the cap. It's such a good idea they'll end up trying to ban long contracts.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think he's worth 1m a season per se, but the reality of the Dog's situation, with a shit roster and an even shitter coach, we will have to pay overs to attract a marque player.

A marque half/hooker/fullback would be better, but I don't see many who are available.

IMO, for the dogs, Keary would be worth 1m per year.

I was pissed when the dogs didn't make a play for him when he left the rabbits

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
which 21 year old thrust into the spotlight like him isnt mentally immature... with the right support structures etc his downs will become ups... look at inglis even at the later stage of his career... my fear is that as a rooster, the nrl/media paint him as a pinup... as a bulldog, rhey will crucify him at the first chance they get.
I'm not talking about spot like and fading in and out due to pressure . I don't think he has the dedication to play 10 years of being a marquee player. To work on his game and be a better player, thrive to be a world class 6 and improve every year. Thats what I meant . If it was 5 year I think sure we may get 2 years of elite and 2 great years and 1 injury and set backs year. 10 years that ratio changes for me

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s only $1m a season, imagine how much advertising and sponsorship he would attract. Then the other strike players who would consider us a viable option with Mitchel here. Wanting to play with him.

Plus there is no downside, we either get him or push up his price so the Chooks can’t afford someone else that we can then steal. Go hard, it’s a win win.

Go Dogs
Don't forget all Roosters players play there for less because they 'love the place'...

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget all Roosters players play there for less because they 'love the place'...
And by 'place' you mean bags.

Brown bags and white bags that is.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No way is any centra worth that amount of money. They barely touch the ball and rely on others to provide space or opportunity. Only players worth that amount are fullback,half and hooker. And those talking about taumalolo well the injuries have already started to set in. Lucky if he makes it half way through the deal the way he currently plays before breaking down totally
You are crystal ball gazing into the future, if you asked a Cowboys supporter I bet they would say Taumalolo has been worth every cent paid to him to date. What happens next week, next month, next year is not yet known.

Mitchell isn't JUST a centre, he's a catalyst for the whole team, even if he only sprinkles a bit of magic 2 or 3 times a game the inspirational effect that it has on the rest of the team shouldn't be underestimated. Plus his being here will attracts other players that may well have overlooked us.

I don't see a lose scenario for us, if we get him it's a win, if we don't then the Chooks have less money for someone else that we might get.

Go Dogs

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's possible...Melbourne does it why can't we ???
Melbourne earned the right to do it. And they didnt do it solely with money (although the cap scandal would beg to differ). All their gun players for the most part came to them for cheap i.e. Finucane and Ado-Carr or where developed through their system. When was the last time Melbourne paid for a star? Check their 2019 roster and be truly amazed.

Roosters do it differently too, they just buy at the right time (Tedesco/Cronk/Keary/JWH) to fit their style and coach. And they also have a sprinkling of their own developed stars (Mitchell/Cordner/Friend/Tupou)

What you are proposing is more aligned to the Roosters but even worse, buying players at their peak and not supporting them with a good cast! Not only are these players already stars, you have to pay them overs to come on board.

And then something that the two above clubs have that we are sorely lacking is a winning culture.

Lets not pretend like we can be like other top clubs. We have to do what we do.