RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a few board members feathers are ruffled because someone else is attracting the talent they can't then who cares so long as we ended up signing some stars?
Couldn’t have said it better myself

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If a few board members feathers are ruffled because someone else is attracting the talent they can't then who cares so long as we ended up signing some stars?
Because the board signs off on player signings right at the end of the whole deal before it’s officially released. We end up looking like idiots if it’s out in the media and nothing ends up happening. That’s why.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because the board signs off on player signings right at the end of the whole deal before it’s officially released. We end up looking like idiots if it’s out in the media and nothing ends up happening. That’s why.
I understand that but if certain people don't have the connections to attract a certain calibre of player in the first place, then there is no contract for them to sign off on...

The point is, as long as the end result is recruiting genuine star players, then everyone should put their egos aside and work together in the best interests of the club.

Even if we miss out on Mitchell, at least the Roosters may have to pay more and the rest of the league knows we're not after just scraps anymore. It can only make us more attractive to other players. The key is to not overpay because agents know we have tonnes of cap space.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't Politis walking away from the Roosters in a year or two?

Either way don't see this happening as they have $1m+ from Cronk retiring which can easily top up Mitchell (who would only be coming here for the money).

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Roosters won't break bank to keep Mitchell
Adrian Proszenko and Christian Nicolussi
June 19, 2019 — 8.00pm

The Roosters won’t engage in a bidding war for the services of Latrell Mitchell as teammate Boyd Cordner identified coach Trent Robinson as the man best positioned to unlock the unsettled centre’s potential.

Mitchell remains a man in demand despite his dumping from the NSW team, with Canterbury prepared to offer him $5 million over five seasons to shift to Belmore. An intermediary acting for the club recently met with Mitchell’s father with a view to tabling an offer once he becomes a free agent on November 1.

Latrell’s father Matt declined to comment when contacted on Wednesday.

While Mitchell is a signing priority, the Roosters have several other players they need to retain. Siosiua Taukeiaho, Jake Friend, Joseph Manu, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Nat Butcher all come off contract at the same time as Mitchell, meaning rivals can also pounce on them from November 1.

Mitchell hasn’t been at his best in recent weeks and it’s understood the Bulldogs’ interest is a contributing factor. Still, NSW coach Brad Fittler’s decision to axe him for State of Origin II came as a shock given his ability to single-handedly break open games.

The Bulldogs will have their salary cap in order in time to make a play for at least one marquee man for the 2021 season. It’s understood Mitchell headlines a hit list of potential recruits that also includes Manly’s Trbojevic brothers, Tom and Jake. The blue and whites had been hamstrung on the retention and recruitment front until the recent departures of Moses Mbye, Aaron Woods and David Klemmer. Their exits have created room to move for the 2021 season and beyond.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters won’t engage in a bidding war for the services of Latrell Mitchell as teammate Boyd Cordner identified coach Trent Robinson as the man best positioned to unlock the unsettled centre’s potential.

Mitchell remains a man in demand despite his dumping from the NSW team, with Canterbury prepared to offer him $5 million over five seasons to shift to Belmore. An intermediary acting for the club recently met with Mitchell’s father with a view to tabling an offer once he becomes a free agent on November 1.

Latrell’s father Matt declined to comment when contacted on Wednesday.

“The missus and I are staying away from it,” Matt Mitchell said. “He’s got a manager now to look after all of that sort of stuff
The Roosters will table Mitchell a competitive contract extension of their own that would cement his place as one of the highest-paid players in the game. However, the premiers feel that if money is his main motivator, then the 22-year-old will be heading elsewhere as they aren’t prepared to splash as much cash as clubs such as Canterbury. Roosters powerbrokers hope the chance to remain at a club that is a consistent premiership contender will offset any salary sacrifice.

Roosters and NSW skipper Cordner said Robinson was best placed to get the best out of Mitchell.

"He definitely is, Robbo is a loyal man, he wears his heart on his sleeve, he understands Latrell and the person he is,'' Cordner said.

"I'm sure Robbo, Nick [Politis] and the club have plans in place to keep him at the club.

"It's eyebrow-raising stuff when you hear about the massive deal supposedly on offer for him

But Latrell knows how much we love him at the Roosters. I've spent a lot of time with him, I watched him debut, and I know he loves the club.

"He's a Rooster. We want him there a long time."

RELATED ARTICLE

NRL PLAYER MOVEMENTS
Bulldogs preparing $5 million, five-year offer for Latrell Mitchell
While Mitchell is a signing priority, the Roosters have several other players they need to retain. Siosiua Taukeiaho, Jake Friend, Joseph Manu, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Nat Butcher all come off contract at the same time as Mitchell, meaning rivals can also pounce on them from November 1.

Mitchell hasn’t been at his best in recent weeks and it’s understood the Bulldogs’ interest is a contributing factor. Still, NSW coach Brad Fittler’s decision to axe him for State of Origin II came as a shock given his ability to single-handedly break open games

The Bulldogs will have their salary cap in order in time to make a play for at least one marquee man for the 2021 season. It’s understood Mitchell headlines a hit list of potential recruits that also includes Manly’s Trbojevic brothers, Tom and Jake. The blue and whites had been hamstrung on the retention and recruitment front until the recent departures of Moses Mbye, Aaron Woods and David Klemmer. Their exits have created room to move for the 2021 season and beyond

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Isn't Politis walking away from the Roosters in a year or two?

Either way don't see this happening as they have $1m+ from Cronk retiring which can easily top up Mitchell (who would only be coming here for the money).
We’re an embarrassment champ. If we think we’re rattling the roosters cage then we are idiots. Roosters will never lose a player they want to keep. At the moment we are not smarter than the roosters. It was never in the board’s interest to have this in the media before Nov 1.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We’re an embarrassment champ. If we think we’re rattling the roosters cage then we are idiots. Roosters will never lose a player they want to keep. At the moment we are not smarter than the roosters. It was never in the board’s interest to have this in the media before Nov 1.
I just have a bad feeling this will backfire and result in our club copping a fine for approaching a contract player (something that rarely happens in the NRL).

Knowing the NRL they'll reduce our cap space as a result and truly screw us.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love this part "Mitchell hasn’t been at his best in recent weeks and it’s understood the Bulldogs’ interest is a contributing factor"

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not really wether we get Mitchell or not, this will bring the attention of every player manager in the game knowing that we will be able to put together a potential premiership winning team in a few years, if we manage to get Mitchell it’s a bonus, if not then fuck it we got the attention of every other big name players and their managers

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really wether we get Mitchell or not, this will bring the attention of every player manager in the game knowing that we will be able to put together a potential premiership winning team in a few years, if we manage to get Mitchell it’s a bonus, if not then fuck it we got the attention of every other big name players and their managers
Great theory mate, well Put.. your on to something..!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Just hope its just a rumor created to send a message to other potential stars, and we don't end up with Mitchell, even for 5 years its just to risky, could easily end up with another Barber, but forking out $1M a year.

Reactions: DT

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I Just hope its just a rumor created to send a message to other potential stars, and we don't end up with Mitchell, even for 5 years its just to risky, could easily end up with another Barber, but forking out $1M a year.
But it’s been great having Foran on a million a year. Well worth it ....

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard he is coming to basically replace foran and play 6

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love how the Roosters paint Latrell as some kind of hopeless soul that only Trent Robinson can understand...its fucking comical

If I was Latrell I’d follow the money, fuck Trent Robinson and the Roosters. If they won’t enter a bidding war for Latrell services well that says it all...see ya