Negative emotion & not being realistic

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morale and confidence drops off with every loss. The big issue with an inexperienced roster is that errors are easily exacerbated when confidence has hit it's lowest point.
theres more at play here than just an inexperienced roster.. theres been enough smoke to suggest that there is a fire and that Pay has contributed to the lack of confidence and low Morale..

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
oh not this roster shit again.

We had a good player, CHN, sitting in reserve grade.

How the fuck is the roster to blame and not dud pay?
fmd the people on here lmfao.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point.. no one expected this team to be world beaters or even threaten for a finals birth .. but explain to me how a team, that at the beginning of the season was pushing teams like Melbourne for the full 80, is now getting flogged every week by 20-30...
Because the players can’t stand the coach!

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because the players can’t stand the coach!
Just like Hasler was a shit coach and needed to be sacked.

But that how shit he is that now manly are top 8 team. A team barette had in the bottom 4 last year.

But he is shit.
We just like to blame Pay.
I bet any coach wouldn't do better with this BULLDOGS team.

Just admit we have shit roster.

The next coach will blamed as well.
Pay is shit because the player are AIR HEADS

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
OP means Original Poster

Pay is shit because he is shit.
Fixed that for you.

The roster is part of the problem, but if you were attributing percentages to it I'd say our current shitfest is:
15% playing roster
25% coaching staff
60% head coach

You've got a head coach so far out of his depth it's embarassing.
You've got coaching staff who for the most are completely hopeless. We bring in a skills coach and we go BACKWARDS ffs!.
You've got young, capable, mouldable players, but don't have the right leadership, guidance, and staff to get the best out of them.

The players have lost almost all confidence in Pay as a coach, and trust in him steering us out of this shitfest. He drops players and doesn't tell them really why or what they need to work on. He makes completely stupid team lineups, and interchanges. He fails to rev the team up, and half time talks are apparently incoherrent mumbling about needing to be better etc etc.

He hasn't lost the dressing room but the players are fed up with losing and having absolutely zero direction. In situations like this players turn to their head coach, but at the moment all they get are shoulder shrugs and blank stares.

That's not a failing of Dean, it's just a show that he is so far out of his depth. If he was coaching a team that had heaps of NRL experience and knew the direction they needed to take games, it would be fine.

Put simply he isn't the coach we need to guide a young playing group through a rebuild. When going through a rebuild you need to be getting 100% from every players abilities, at the moment I'd say it's less than half that.

Pay needs to go, and not next year, at most next month.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as it’s right I think deans just keeping the seat warm for who’s gonna inherit the strong team and take the glory yes brown had a similar scenario but Newcastle have changed owner ship and the first thing west did is bring in there own people sacked the whole Newcastle board and gave brown resources and a team last year west took over and brought 9 players Klemmer included now he has to perform
Look at east buy players if they don’t perform no matter how big there star politis gets rid of them where as we just put up with it because there good players

Don’t worry once the pressure is put on the board and coach from media and etc they will act pay might be a nice guy but the nrl is cut throat and once the boards comfy positions are questioned they will act

Reactions: DT

Aceman

Waterboy
Reaction score
People say we the BULLDOGS need some big names and that will help us get more high caliber payers following. Very SIMILAR to Newcastle a few years back. They were at the bottom for 4 years. Now they are looking like a top 6 team.
The Bulldogs might only be on the bottom for 2 or 3 years. Which is actually better result. You all forget NATHAN BROWN has been coach of Newcastle during that rebuilding period. So that suggests any coach with a good roster can get a team to fire.
I still believe its not DEAN PAYs fault the he is not winning games currently
You all forget during last year he let half of the team go to start the salary cap clean up. Yet most say he is shit. Yeah might appear like that but take the emotion out of it and it is just a period that if he is allowed to prove his ability as a NRL COACH once he has a decent roster.
At the moment we have a reserve grade team on paper playing in the NRL.

This is not a top 8 team on paper and under preforming.
Yet most want to blame PAY. WHEN we all know it a wooden spoon team. Not because of DEAN PAY but the roster which he inherited.

Look at ARTHUR at the eels. He has a finals team on paper last 4 years. Yet he has got 2 wooden spoons. Thats a shit coach.

Most have said 2 years ago that it will take until 2021 for us to field a decent team.

Then why continue to make it feel like that we have at the moment a top 4 team that is coming last and saying its all because of PAY

Then most say we need marquee signings.
Latrell Mitchell name floating around and again some complaining money is too much or contract length is too long.
Or he will be shit in 2 years.

Come on its probably the best thing for the bulldogs if they could get him to BELMORE.

HIS Talent alone is enough. Who cares how long his contract is or how much money.

We are supporters and just want the best possible team. Let someone else worry about money and contracts.
Everyone thinks they are accountant's and player managers

My main message here is that it appears that NOTHING WILL Make anyone happy and there will always be negativity in this forum. As it is more FUN to complain and a more of a thrill to voice an alternate opinion then to agree and be happy with the REALISTIC PROGRESSION MOVING FORWARD.
Well said. Roster is substandard. The club will sort it out. At the end of the day, I will still turn on the TV every weekend to watch the dogs. Been doing it for 40 years and will keep doing for another 40. Yep, I know that they will probaby lose, I'm not delusional. But that is a what true supporter does. The tide will turn, hopefully sooner rather then later, but I will still always support the blue and white. Jump ship if you want, but make sure you shut the door behind you when you leave.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said. Roster is substandard. The club will sort it out. At the end of the day, I will still turn on the TV every weekend to watch the dogs. Been doing it for 40 years and will keep doing for another 40. Yep, I know that they will probaby lose, I'm not delusional. But that is a what true supporter does. The tide will turn, hopefully sooner rather then later, but I will still always support the blue and white. Jump ship if you want, but make sure you shut the door behind you when you leave.
I'm not saying I am enjoying losing, I am enjoying not expecting to win...over my 45+ years of supporting them I have always gone into games expecting them to win...yes there have been dud years but mostly I have always expected to win, loses happen of course...but it has been such a pressure release not 'expecting' to win especially this year while my son has been so sick, though a few more wins would help him through this crap time at the moment.
Let's hope things turn around however, that winning 'culture' is hard to maintain after too many years of losing.

PS- Aiden Tolman, after tackle 3 please disappear in attack...respect you as a player and now veteran of the club but please, after tackle just vanish for 30 seconds...many thanks

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What EVERY supporter needs to accept is that overall the ROSTER is not competetive AND that COACH PAY and his STAFF are not competitive or on top of things either.

The poor results and crawl to the wooden spoon, is a combination of every possible shortfall in those areas.

NO ONE should be defending the COACH or the PLAYERS, or the BOARD...it's ALL their responsibilities to strive for success....when that doesn't happen, you look to the COACH first to see why....and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the job is a stretch too fsr for Dean.

Invite him to step back to Asst Coach (if that is workable for the players and new coach...it probably won't be though...too many have lost faith).

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OP means Original Poster

Fixed that for you.

The roster is part of the problem, but if you were attributing percentages to it I'd say our current shitfest is:
15% playing roster
25% coaching staff
60% head coach

You've got a head coach so far out of his depth it's embarassing.
You've got coaching staff who for the most are completely hopeless. We bring in a skills coach and we go BACKWARDS ffs!.
You've got young, capable, mouldable players, but don't have the right leadership, guidance, and staff to get the best out of them.

The players have lost almost all confidence in Pay as a coach, and trust in him steering us out of this shitfest. He drops players and doesn't tell them really why or what they need to work on. He makes completely stupid team lineups, and interchanges. He fails to rev the team up, and half time talks are apparently incoherrent mumbling about needing to be better etc etc.

He hasn't lost the dressing room but the players are fed up with losing and having absolutely zero direction. In situations like this players turn to their head coach, but at the moment all they get are shoulder shrugs and blank stares.

That's not a failing of Dean, it's just a show that he is so far out of his depth. If he was coaching a team that had heaps of NRL experience and knew the direction they needed to take games, it would be fine.

Put simply he isn't the coach we need to guide a young playing group through a rebuild. When going through a rebuild you need to be getting 100% from every players abilities, at the moment I'd say it's less than half that.

Pay needs to go, and not next year, at most next month.
When you have a coach that says to the players at half time to hit hard and run hard then you know the coach is out of his depth.
Nabs was right about Pay from the very beginning.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What EVERY supporter needs to accept is that overall the ROSTER is not competetive AND that COACH PAY and his STAFF are not competitive or on top of things either.

The poor results and crawl to the wooden spoon, is a combination of every possible shortfall in those areas.

NO ONE should be defending the COACH or the PLAYERS, or the BOARD...it's ALL their responsibilities to strive for success....when that doesn't happen, you look to the COACH first to see why....and there's plenty of evidence to suggest that the job is a stretch too fsr for Dean.

Invite him to step back to Asst Coach (if that is workable for the players and new coach...it probably won't be though...too many have lost faith).
Once you come to this realisation it becomes easier to handle. Although it’s 21 months until the start of the 2021 season. That’s how much longer we’re told we have to wait before we have a strong team again

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have a roster that is not wooden spoon material. Yes, Pay has inherited a mess but he selects the team every week, he has made signings despite having no money (CHN, Napa, Crichton, Priest, DWZ, Cogger, Sue & Meaney).

We lack cohesion in attack and our defence is non existent. He makes baffling subs and keeps faith with his favourites. At least Brown had coaching experience and you can see the effort by his team. Pay is clearly out of his depth and should be let go ASAP. I knew he was out of his depth since round 6 last season.
Sorry mate but our roster is the poorest in the NRL. There's no getting around that very clear fact even though we all want it to be different.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just like Hasler was a shit coach and needed to be sacked.

But that how shit he is that now manly are top 8 team. A team barette had in the bottom 4 last year.

But he is shit.
We just like to blame Pay.
I bet any coach wouldn't do better with this BULLDOGS team.

Just admit we have shit roster.

The next coach will blamed as well.
Pay is shit because the player are AIR HEADS
Hasler and Pay are shit coaches in diff ways

Hasler - no game plan, no attack structure, poor at recruitment and identifying talent, his methods didnt work at the dogs as he didnt have the cattle he had at manly in Stewart brothers matai lyon watmough etc. Poor salary cap management. But awesome in defense and making talented players better.

Pay is jsut fucking useless in every sense of the word. Can't coach. Can't select a team. Can't identify talent, poor use of the bench, no game plan, no structure, poor communication skills, outdated, useless, millions more things i could say.

Hasler with this squad we currently have would not be losing by 20-30 and would actually win a few close games.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have we won 2 grandfinals this year like that bald uncle fester fat fuck promised ?
Tell me when so i can get excited until then im going back to jerking of with Carolina reaper sauce its less painful than watching the dogs .
Fuck des and who ever our prime minister is.
Bald uncle fester fat fuck nearly had me spitting out my drink with laughter, one of your best southy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Although in fester's defense, he's still an adonis compared to castle

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you have a coach that says to the players at half time to hit hard and run hard then you know the coach is out of his depth.
Nabs was right about Pay from the very beginning.
The fact that he’s still here is a massive insult to the fans, I mean the fans deserve to watch their team with a competent coach

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bald uncle fester fat fuck nearly had me spitting out my drink with laughter, one of your best southy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Although in fester's defense, he's still an adonis compared to castle
Cept the **** wouldn't have a lightbulb in its mouth it would have whole raw chicken