What do NRL coaches actually do?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Serious question. I'm curious to know what they actually do? Do they just mentor players and leave the rest to the attacking and defensive coaches? What would be a typical day at the office for someone like Pay?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Serious question. I'm curious to know what they actually do? Do they just mentor players and leave the rest to the attacking and defensive coaches? What would be a typical day at the office for someone like Pay?
To chat an Pat them on the back with lots of cuddles lol. Hasn’t worked ..!!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Real coach will set up game plans against each opposition, train a team to target weakness in each team.
Train and pick players for the job and the strongest players for there position.
Also they should work on each players weakness and try to get the best out of them.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you asking what a coach does or what Dean Pay does? I am confused as these are 2 different questions

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What would be a typical day at the office for someone like Pay?
9AM - 9:30AM: Get into office, have early morning shit, coffee break, talk to the boys about what they did on the weekend.
9:30AM - 11:50AM: Sudoku in my office, Crosswords and Find-A-Words whilst the boys have a game of TIP football followed by bullrush.
11:50AM - 12:50PM: Lunchtime with the boys!
12:50PM - 3PM: Angry Birds hour, followed by watching some tv, followed by telling the boys they are doing great (after they play dodgeball).
3PM - 4PM: Sneaky look at some Target/KMart catalogues in the mens toilets, finish office Sudoku, pick teams from a hat for this week.
4:10PM: Piss off work early.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
9AM - 9:30AM: Get into office, have early morning shit, coffee break, talk to the boys about what they did on the weekend.
9:30AM - 11:50AM: Sudoku in my office, Crosswords and Find-A-Words whilst the boys have a game of TIP football followed by bullrush.
11:50AM - 12:50PM: Lunchtime with the boys!
12:50PM - 3PM: Angry Birds hour, followed by watching some tv, followed by telling the boys they are doing great (after they play dodgeball).
3PM - 4PM: Sneaky look at some Target/KMart catalogues in the mens toilets, finish office Sudoku, pick teams from a hat for this week.
4:10PM: Piss off work early.
Sounds about right.
But you missed secret headies from Adam Elliot

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
9AM - 9:30AM: Get into office, have early morning shit,
My idea of an early-morning shit is shitting before you have a shower, that way, you'll really be "as clean as a whistle" when you're done. Right @ASSASSIN?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My idea of an early-morning shit is shitting before you have a shower, that way, you'll really be "as clean as a whistle" when you're done. Right @ASSASSIN?

Lol I agree bro.

I have a minimum of 2 showers a day, morning and night. Also, with my condition and weird fkn meds, I use the shower to warm up and cool down rapidly as needed.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Coffee, ciggy, shit, shower. That's how I start my day!!

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1C367DEE-47B3-467D-87FC-21522EF3A480.jpeg
Writes these up and give them to everyone for turning up to football

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The typical day involves alot of head scratching, bum scratching... and a derp here and there..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've heard he scours the kennel for advice on team selections for several hours each day.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard he scours the kennel for advice on team selections for several hours each day.
Then he reads the artist formerly known as Marley's posts, and cried in a corner.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Snort coke and drive BMW's