Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Flano linked to dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just Rothfield trying to line up a job for his mate.

16,000 members odd signed up to the club. Watch that half if Flanno signs, and all our sponsors walk like they did at the Sharts.

Flanagan needs to fuck off and find something else to do. The damage he did to both the Sharks and the game was immense.
Mate it was shit, I agree but he is a good coach and god knows we need someone who can coach.
Sharks have had trouble with major sponsors probably since Pepsi!
Our sponsors are more likely to walk away if we keep playing like shit and being dead last than they would if we signed a winning coach.

Bellamy done basically same thing too with salary cap
Fuck, he obliterated the cap, it was far more significant and systematic breaches over a longer period than the sharts.
Fk the storm right up the ass.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
News Ltd cheated the cap with Melbourne while they still were the owners and half owners of the NRL.
I know they handed back few little tins called trophies...
But in reality and as half owners of the NRL they should have faced criminal charges !
Yup. Yes they handed back a couple of trophy’s but they also built a winning culture that carries on to this day. We could learn a truck or two from them

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Yes they handed back a couple of trophy’s but they also built a winning culture that carries on to this day. We could learn a truck or two from them
Believe it or not...Our club was the blueprint of success to all other clubs
It was sad when we become the target of the likes of News ltd just simply for refusing to sign and destroy South Sydney !!!

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Flanno has an equal winning percentage to Griffin.

What about Demetriou? He's hiding in the shadows like O'Brien, but I don't think either are good for a rebuild. Needs experience.

Flanno is an arrogant ****. He'll piss off people more than get things done.

Remember when he took great joy in pushing the Bulldogs to pay maximum price for Aaron Woods knowing we had to release him.

I beleive the words were to the effect of "you'll come to a winning team".

Fuck him... let him career degrade to nothing.

Last edited:

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

What about Demetriou? He's hiding in the shadows like O'Brien, but I don't think either are good for a rebuild. Needs experience.

Remember when he took great joy in pushing the Bulldogs to pay maximum price for Aaron Woods knowing we had to release him.

Not only a good coach but a great businessman.

One thing which Flanno reallllly likes, is a good bargain and its time we snapped up a couple

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We hate that because it was done against us.
If he was doing it in our favour, we would think he's a genius.
Its the kind of mongrel and grubbiness we need at the club, sick of being the nice guys (Cause we all know where they finish)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

You left out one major difference between Flanno and Griffin only one has a trophy and its not Hook.

You realise him taking advantage of us in a salary cap sense with Woods is a advantage if we have him doing that for us right?

Last edited:

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You left out one major difference between Flanno and Griffin only one has a trophy and its not Hook.

You realise him taking advantage of us in a salary cap sense with Woods is a advantage if we have him doing that for us right?
Flanno would have unlimited pulling power to dig intothat Cronulla junior base where his boy came out of.

Considering his boy is popular with the junior surfies and beers at dads house all weekend, the potential to tap into their base would be mouthwatering

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flanno would have unlimited pulling power to dig intothat Cronulla junior base where his boy came out of.

Considering his boy is popular with the junior surfies and beers at dads house all weekend, the potential to tap into their base would be mouthwatering
That's another advantage with the Sharks juniors but he also knows how to get a legitimate bargain buy.

His cap management is brilliant and he squeezes every last dollar out of it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
When flanno comes to the dogs and wins the premiership all the people on this forum that were against don’t deserve to celebrate
I can see where people are coming from to some extent with Flanno. I don't agree with their point of view but if they want a squeaky clean coach they shouldn't be expecting much improvement in results either.

You need to fight fire with fire to be competitive and Flanno knows what it takes.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
When flanno comes to the dogs and wins the premiership all the people on this forum that were against don’t deserve to celebrate
What If a player you bagged scores the winning try ? Imagine if it was Lichaa lol we'd all be fucked

Last edited:

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's another advantage with the Sharks juniors but he also knows how to get a legitimate bargain buy.

His cap management is brilliant and he squeezes every last dollar out of it.
Just like a Plumber!!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can see where people are coming from to some extent with Flanno. I don't agree with their point of view but if they want a squeaky clean coach they shouldn't be expecting much improvement in results either. You need to fight fire with fire to be competitive and Flanno knows what it takes.
Look at Cronulla now though even years on.

People don't remember them as 2016 premiers... they remember them as being salary cap and drug cheats, and that'll stick around long after the NRL finally decide to pull their 2016 premiership for cheating the cap (because everyone knows it's unlikely they were over the cap all the way up to finals, and then under it again in 2017).

Just like the rapist tag that followed the Bulldogs around for years (and still does).

Last thing the club needs to be doing is torching it's fanbase again with bad choices that linger around the supporter base forever.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

People don't remember them as 2016 premiers... they remember them as being salary cap and drug cheats, and that'll stick around long after the NRL finally decide to pull their 2016 premiership for cheating the cap (because everyone knows it's unlikely they were over the cap all the way up to finals, and then under it again in 2017).

Just like the rapist tag that followed the Bulldogs around for years (and still does).

Last thing the club needs to be doing is torching it's fanbase again with bad choices that linger around the supporter base forever.
Who gives a fuck about what "people" think! Opposition fans still think our 2004 title was tainted because we lost no one from the 2002 team and I couldn't have cared less.

It's all about getting the best man available for the job and that's Flanagan.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck about what "people" think! Opposition fans still think our 2004 title was tainted because we lost no one from the 2002 team and I couldn't have cared less.

It's all about getting the best man available for the job and that's Flanagan.
Maybe.

Who knows with the current board... due diligence on signing Flanno would be enough to have most clubs saying "no thanks".

First step in all this though is getting rid of Pay. I firmly believe they need to send him packing now, and at least give a new coach the end of the season to work combinations and get to know the roster.

If we wait till end of season it feels literally like we just burned the last 12 months of fan anticipation.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe.

Who knows with the current board... due diligence on signing Flanno would be enough to have most clubs saying "no thanks".

First step in all this though is getting rid of Pay. I firmly believe they need to send him packing now, and at least give a new coach the end of the season to work combinations and get to know the roster.

If we wait till end of season it feels literally like we just burned the last 12 months of fan anticipation.
I think you'd be surprised how many clubs would consider him a very good option. There's just not many clubs looking for a coach at the minute.

If Pay goes we will probably have a interim coach till the end of the year.

It would be good if he went now but unless we get the long term coach in straight away its not that great deal of difference if Pay stays or not considering how much of the roster is going next year.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

15 or so years on, people are still referring to us as the rapists