Value for money

Is Latrell Mitchell an astute and sound investment at $10m over 10 years?

• Yes

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 58 55.2%

• Total voters

Malla

Reaction score
The 10 year is incorrect - its a 5 year deal with 5mill odd $$.

We should go for it because bringing in Lattrell will attract more talent to come play with us. It's a great investment and value for money when you consider that.

Right now we are paying 6 figure sums and dumping them into Canterbury Cup. Wheres the value in that?

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The 10 year is incorrect - its a 5 year deal with 5mill odd $$.

We should go for it because bringing in Lattrell will attract more talent to come play with us. It's a great investment and value for money when you consider that.

Right now we are paying 6 figure sums and dumping them into Canterbury Cup. Wheres the value in that?
At 5 years, I suspect that the Roosters will be able to match that with TPAs or get close enough where the extra is just eaten up in tax. The 10 year proposal is what they are trying to do to get him to leave the cushy comfort of the roosters where he loves the coach,surrounded by legit stars, top of the table, less media scrutiny etc.

Malla

Reaction score
At 5 years, I suspect that the Roosters will be able to match that with TPAs or get close enough where the extra is just eaten up in tax. The 10 year proposal is what they are trying to do to get him to leave the cushy comfort of the roosters where he loves the coach,surrounded by legit stars, top of the table, less media scrutiny etc.
Yeah not sure on the details or the actual sum of the deal - some are saying 5 years, some are saying 10. I hope its 10 because I want him here long term and I want to rub it in Roosters face.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
Value for money for sure, the salary cap will go up again a few times over the 10 years also.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him what he wants, half the pokies money, the whole bar takings, whatever. JUST SIGN HIM

Malla

Reaction score
Value for money for sure, the salary cap will go up again a few times over the 10 years also.
Even if it doesnt - say it stays the same.

He is taking a mill a season.

That is in essence the money we have Foran on.

Are we a better team with Lattrell and without Foran? Absolutely.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all honesty I think we have a need to sign quality in a few positions. If we're tabling a million a year deal it means the Roosters have to offer him that on the books if the NRL are serious about things they've said (questionable). So it's either a genuine attempt to sign him or a ploy to have more of the Roosters sombrero tied up officially. It might just mean we're eyeing off a few of their other players. As good as Mitchell has been, centre isn't a position where you want a million dollars per year invested. The fact is that even the best of centres need to get good ball to do their best. If it means ten years with a less than brilliant halves pairing to have a centre who cops hospital passes from dud halves I'm against us investing 1 mill/season on him.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
There is no doubt, given Mitchell himself has expressed it, that if he comes to the Dogs, it's 5/8th or Fullback. And as it won't be till 2021, I would suggest he would replace Foran. Which means we have heaps of cash to put lots of good players around him as well. Not sure if it will work our at 5/8th. But worst case is that you concede defeat and move him to fullback (Bit like Ponga). Either way the money is more than fine for what he brings to the club.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no doubt, given Mitchell himself has expressed it, that if he comes to the Dogs, it's 5/8th or Fullback. And as it won't be till 2021, I would suggest he would replace Foran. Which means we have heaps of cash to put lots of good players around him as well. Not sure if it will work our at 5/8th. But worst case is that you concede defeat and move him to fullback (Bit like Ponga). Either way the money is more than fine for what he brings to the club.
Is it a coincidence that DWZ's contract is only for 18 months ie; stops for 2021, leaves room for ........................

Go Dogs

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that DWZ's contract is only for 18 months ie; stops for 2021, leaves room for ........................

Go Dogs
A pay decrease for DWZ and move to the centres?

I can already see the meeting now.

DWZ: I would like 800K a year to play fullback
Pay: In the past 18mths we have won 3 games. Why do you think you deserve that sort of money? Who the hell would employ you. You haven't looked like scoring a try.
DWZ: WTF! There your game plans!

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
These flogs will pull anything from anywhere to create a discussion and story. What would Crawley know? He has no idea. Only Lattrell knows what is best for him.
Crawley has got to be up there with the worst journos going. Seems like a numpty

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 mil a season for a latrell Mitchell in 5-6years will be chips...
Cowboys got a bargain with taumalolo for same price
I still think a Cameron Munster for that money would be better
But I say go for it
The only player worth that type or money or risk is Ponga. No one else.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only player worth that type or money or risk is Ponga. No one else.
Munster is defiantly worth that
Watch the balls he was putting ponga onto in the first origin
He is storms chief playmaker and most dangerous player

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have all read about the offer.

Is L.M worth $10m over a 10 year deal?

Are we going from one salary cap mess into another?
I would rather offer it to Ponga
It's not bad if Mitchell is in the right frame of mind
Mitchell's off field dramas can resolved
Remember...The media and the people who are aligned with the Sydney Rorters are attempting to make him look bad !

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Munster is defiantly worth that
Watch the balls he was putting ponga onto in the first origin
He is storms chief playmaker and most dangerous player
Agree, Munster is worth it as well as Ponga.
Both exceptional players who can create as well as finish.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Depending on whether or not you believe the reports, we tried to come to an agreement for the third year with DWZ but both parties couldnt reach an agreement for the time being.

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
No way is any centra worth that amount of money. They barely touch the ball and rely on others to provide space or opportunity. Only players worth that amount are fullback,half and hooker. And those talking about taumalolo well the injuries have already started to set in. Lucky if he makes it half way through the deal the way he currently plays before breaking down totally