Negative emotion & not being realistic

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
your ability to find an excuse is outstanding, you should run for parliament..
I don't even read his posts anymore, I just scroll straight past them. Excessive optimism is just bullshit as is excessive pessimism.
Why can't people just call a spade a spade and tell it like it is without any agendas?

I wonder if 95% of posters on here were optimists, do you think he would become a pessimist just to be different? lol

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dean Pay dug his own grave when he was appointed promising the fans Madness, attractive game plan, unique style etc We have seen none of that. If anything we have continued to regress under Pay. Buck stops with him.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We have a roster that is not wooden spoon material. Yes, Pay has inherited a mess but he selects the team every week, he has made signings despite having no money (CHN, Napa, Crichton, Priest, DWZ, Cogger, Sue & Meaney).

We lack cohesion in attack and our defence is non existent. He makes baffling subs and keeps faith with his favourites. At least Brown had coaching experience and you can see the effort by his team. Pay is clearly out of his depth and should be let go ASAP. I knew he was out of his depth since round 6 last season.
If not wooden spoon then what other team is worse? There are one or two teams with shit rosters but you'd be splitting hairs for the most part.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At the end of the day Pay knew what he was getting into when he signed on. It was clear for everyone. This is just the natural progression since 2017 and its not necessarily all on him.

That said the future of the clubs success is at stake and I am not willing to gamble that on Pay.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Difference with brown was he used a full side of local juniors who were very young , implemented a style of play .
During the lean years they just weren't good enough , but they played

He played players in their positions
He didn't hide the fact that they had a spoon side and make promises or indicate that they would do better than they would until he bought players

PAY crucified himself with the bring back madness etc and had not backed up his word , plus the weird position selections

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't even read his posts anymore, I just scroll straight past them. Excessive optimism is just bullshit as is excessive pessimism.
Why can't people just call a spade a spade and tell it like it is without any agendas?

I wonder if 95% of posters on here were optimists, do you think he would become a pessimist just to be different? lol
his narratives kill me LOL..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
his narratives kill me LOL..
Thanks guys, glad to know that I am appreciated.;)

Go Dogs

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys, glad to know that I am appreciated.;)

Go Dogs
Oatley Dog part two, probably the same person or maybe related....lol

Add Deathspell to that list, every single league topic was spun into a legal argument.....it's like ok we know you're a lawyer man, relax

Go Dogs

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's bit unrealistic to demand "evolution" when the players can't even get a simple game plan right. Dropped balls, forward passes, missing tackles, inconsistent line speed, no backing up the ball carrier etc etc. They aren't coaching deficiencies, they are player issues. We can't move on to more sophisticated play when we can't even get the basic right. Undeniably the completion rate has improved, that's a cornerstone, it's not the end game but it's what the end game is built on. The next cornerstone is defence and quite frankly it's horrid, players making their own decisions to hang back, rush up, slide etc independently of each other with no consideration for the team structure. Again they aren't coaching deficiencies, they are player issues.

Posters complain when Pay drops a player for not playing as part of the team, be it on the field, off the field or in training, but that's the discipline that they plainly need to get them to play as part of the team once again that's on the field, off the field or in training.

Go Dogs
Mate, have you ever considered the reason for the things you mentioned could be because the players no longer want to play for the coach? They dont try as hard as they can. Not much thought in their play. They do their own thing and dont move according to the structure the coach wants them to play. Those are the normal signs, right?
Dropping players often kind of fit into that theory too, right?

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People say we the BULLDOGS need some big names and that will help us get more high caliber payers following. Very SIMILAR to Newcastle a few years back. They were at the bottom for 4 years. Now they are looking like a top 6 team.
The Bulldogs might only be on the bottom for 2 or 3 years. Which is actually better result. You all forget NATHAN BROWN has been coach of Newcastle during that rebuilding period. So that suggests any coach with a good roster can get a team to fire.
I still believe its not DEAN PAYs fault the he is not winning games currently
You all forget during last year he let half of the team go to start the salary cap clean up. Yet most say he is shit. Yeah might appear like that but take the emotion out of it and it is just a period that if he is allowed to prove his ability as a NRL COACH once he has a decent roster.
At the moment we have a reserve grade team on paper playing in the NRL.

This is not a top 8 team on paper and under preforming.
Yet most want to blame PAY. WHEN we all know it a wooden spoon team. Not because of DEAN PAY but the roster which he inherited.

Look at ARTHUR at the eels. He has a finals team on paper last 4 years. Yet he has got 2 wooden spoons. Thats a shit coach.

Most have said 2 years ago that it will take until 2021 for us to field a decent team.

Then why continue to make it feel like that we have at the moment a top 4 team that is coming last and saying its all because of PAY

Then most say we need marquee signings.
Latrell Mitchell name floating around and again some complaining money is too much or contract length is too long.
Or he will be shit in 2 years.

Come on its probably the best thing for the bulldogs if they could get him to BELMORE.

HIS Talent alone is enough. Who cares how long his contract is or how much money.

We are supporters and just want the best possible team. Let someone else worry about money and contracts.
Everyone thinks they are accountant's and player managers

My main message here is that it appears that NOTHING WILL Make anyone happy and there will always be negativity in this forum. As it is more FUN to complain and a more of a thrill to voice an alternate opinion then to agree and be happy with the REALISTIC PROGRESSION MOVING FORWARD.
Your message sucks :grinning: lol

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My main message here is that it appears that NOTHING WILL Make anyone happy and there will always be negativity in this forum. As it is more FUN to complain and a more of a thrill to voice an alternate opinion then to agree and be happy with the REALISTIC PROGRESSION MOVING FORWARD.
The forum would be boring, if we all agreed & we started holding hands singing kumbaya.

Fuck that for a joke.

Bring on the negativity.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Add Deathspell to that list, every single league topic was spun into a legal argument.....it's like ok we know you're a lawyer man, relax
Adding together all of his his essay like posts, I think he'd have enough words to materialise a book, albeit a crappy, incoherent one no one would buy it let alone read but still, something to consider if the lawyer thing doesn't work out for him

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate, have you ever considered the reason for the things you mentioned could be because the players no longer want to play for the coach? They dont try as hard as they can. Not much thought in their play. They do their own thing and dont move according to the structure the coach wants them to play. Those are the normal signs, right?
Dropping players often kind of fit into that theory too, right?
I can ask you the exact same question, have you ever considered that the players are doing the best that they can for the coach but they simply aren't up to it. They are OK at the pace and intensity of CC, but the step up to NRL level is simply too much for them

As for "trying" I have been to decades of Bulldogs games, talked to probably hundreds of players over that time, at training and after games, etc. I haven't seen anything so far this season that leads me to think that as a group they aren't trying, individuals, for sure I think they could put in some more effort, but in total nope. Not to confuse effort with skill, very different there.

Players do get "dropped" for reasons other than the simplistic "how good they play", they get "dropped" by the coaching staff and they get dropped by the players leadership group if they breach the players' code of conduct. Using examples of players dropped that appear to be playing OK and then complaining about it endlessly ignores that fact.

Go Dogs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Who's your source?

Mine, I heard from Ricky Stuart that Pay deserved and earned an NRL coaching role and Craig Bellamy spoke highly of him when he was his assistant. Plus a couple of the NSW Under 20's players specifically commented on the improvement in their game as result of Pay's coaching. Somehow I trust my sources more.

Go Dogs

And I hear Paul Kent still sticking up for Hasler and doesn't blame him for salary cap drama or the way we played, does that mean he is right, off course Stuart and Bellamy would speak highly of Pay, its natural to talk up your peers, and any assistant to Bellamy is going to look good. Dean Pay coached under 20s rep teams for 1 or 2 weeks max at a time, and these kids were the best of the best, no chance in Hell Pay made them improve in such a short time... lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can ask you the exact same question, have you ever considered that the players are doing the best that they can for the coach but they simply aren't up to it.
Go Dogs
no I have not remotely considered it because of the following facts:
Our line speed is garbage
Our support play is non existent
Our Kick chase is pathetic
our sliding defense is lazy
Our forwards struggle to make 50m …

Im amazed that you cannot see the distinct lack of effort for a lot of players

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Who's your source?

Mine, I heard from Ricky Stuart that Pay deserved and earned an NRL coaching role and Craig Bellamy spoke highly of him when he was his assistant. Plus a couple of the NSW Under 20's players specifically commented on the improvement in their game as result of Pay's coaching. Somehow I trust my sources more.

Go Dogs
Mate if you keep going you are going to end up getting the same RSI that napa has

GO FLOGS

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The forum would be boring, if we all agreed & we started holding hands singing kumbaya.

Fuck that for a joke.

Bring on the negativity.
Why can't we be friends ....................why can't we be friends?????