Opal Tower Crumbling

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Brother, get out of there ASAP. If I was you, I'd move into either a town house, or one of those apartments that are 20-30 years old. All these news ones coming up are plasterboard boxes joined together.
The good thing about my building is that it was put together by a very good quality builder. So we had a great builder which means the building is of really good quality (as an example we have never once used a heater during winter). We also commissioned an engineers report which essentially found no defects of any significant nature.

But I do agree, strata living sux because you have to put up with other selfish and dirty/messy c*nts.

We are saving as hard as we can to buy our own home (ideally 500sqm if we can get it).

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The good thing about my building is that it was put together by a very good quality builder. So we had a great builder which means the building is of really good quality (as an example we have never once used a heater during winter). We also commissioned an engineers report which essentially found no defects of any significant nature.

But I do agree, strata living sux because you have to put up with other selfish and dirty/messy c*nts.

We are saving as hard as we can to buy our own home (ideally 500sqm if we can get it).
Now is the best time to do it. The housing market crash will recover before too long. The price of apartments (particularly newer ones like yours) haven't been affected that much. So you'll get maximum price for your apartment and get the price of houses will be at the cheapest they'll likely ever be in our lifetime.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now is the best time to do it. The housing market crash will recover before too long. The price of apartments (particularly newer ones like yours) haven't been affected that much. So you'll get maximum price for your apartment and get the price of houses will be at the cheapest they'll likely ever be in our lifetime.
Apartment are the only prices that have been affected and it was insignificant. It’s stabilised already.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Apartment are the only prices that have been affected and it was insignificant. It’s stabilised already.
I don't know what area you're from, but that's certainly not the case.

A neighbor a few doors down from me wanted $2,500,000 for his house. 2 story, full brick, blue ribbon location. He would have gotten that 2 years ago. The auction was 2 months ago. Only 1 person registered, and the auction didn't take place. By offer, the house was sold for $1,750,000.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what area you're from, but that's certainly not the case.

A neighbor a few doors down from me wanted $2,500,000 for his house. 2 story, full brick, blue ribbon location. He would have gotten that 2 years ago. The auction was 2 months ago. Only 1 person registered, and the auction didn't take place. By offer, the house was sold for $1,750,000.
Well you started your argument with an assumption without facts... and market only started showing signs of slowing mid 2018.... it’s stabilised now and with another rate cut in August it will cement that.

Wahesh

Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
(tune of London Bridge)
Apartment blocks are falling down,
falling down,
falling down.
Apartment blocks are falling down,
Cause their dodgy.
Patch them up because their shit,
cause their shit
cause their shit,
Patch them up because their shit,
and so dodgy.

A

Alexander the Great

Very easy.
Just ban Lebs from building anything and this won't happen.

Before anyone pulls the race card on me, two of my friends both Lebs, said the same thing!
Agree. Stick to making kebabs and fully sick dis and dat gucci hats

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Those damn Turks make kebabs. And they use Lebanese bread to do it. Turkish food, my ass.
Only the cheap ones do (like Ali Baba)

The real ones make the bread fresh.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
that treehouse thread that wahesh made is looking pretty good now