RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?

What makes a good player? What makes a great player?

The difference is consistency. The best players turn up every week, and perform. They give there all.

Can you honestly say that of Latrell? Cause if you can, perhaps you should go and spectate a game of lawn bawls.

I have no doubt in my mind he can be one of the best centres of the game. But he if he still falls into the category of "on his day", then he has some ways to go.
Latrell has just hit a little speed bump.

Turbo doesn't show up every week. Sometimes he has off games and they are around the same age.

So long as he has the right people around he will continue on his trajectory to being one of the best players in his era.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll have Mitchell any day of the week. 10 years is TOO long. That would be my only gripe. 5-6 years would be a good contract for someone that young.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with that, but managers won't. If we have a centre earning that much money then every player in the spine will be asking for similar, it's partly why the Roosters don't want to offer him more than 800k when they're probably capable of doing so. Teddy will ask for more, Keary, other potential targets, etc.

Mitchel is also playing on the end of an absolutely stacked backline in a well drilled system, the freedom and space he has there won't be comparable to what he will have with us. Once Keary went down his effectiveness also dropped.

If we're throwing over mill at a single player then I want a leader, not a mentally weak child that has hissy fits out on the field. I want someone that's going to drag a team and pick them up, and as good as Mitchel is I just don't see him capable of that. I want someone that's going to stay in the game all game and not fade in and out, I want the consistency that massive coin demands, etc.

No doubt he is the best athlete in League alongside Taumalolo and he can generate points in the centres as well as any half or fullback, but imo he doesn't have the mindset or workrate that the money demands and taking a punt on him getting there is a massive risk. I hardly have faith in the current lot at the club to manage him to get the best of his ability and I don't want to see us with our own Ash Taylor...
Agree with some of your points but I think if there is a chance to snare a GI clone in his prime you go for it, who knows the cap most likely will increase and a million per year isn't so ludicrous a few years down the track... is there any risk of the cap dropping?

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not when the broncs have told them to look elsewhere
Read between the lines kaz
You can thank Darius Boyd jack bird and tevita pangai later
I am hearing that the Broncos are having 2nd thoughts about TPJ.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am sure many here would remember about 10 year ago when we signed up about half a dozen decent 1st graders? From memory some where Mick Ennis, Brett Kimmorley, Josh Morris, Ben Hannant, David Stagg, Greg Eastwood. Wouldn't this type of strategy be better than throwing a lot of our eggs in the one basket. Fortunately, I guess, back then we had a talented back coming through the grades in Ben Barber. This became the basis of our making the 2012 grand final. How I wish Barber could have lasted a few more seasons before he went off the rails. The same could happen with Latrelll, except we would have paid a fortune for him. Any how I cant see the Roosters letting him go. They will find a way of keeping him.

Hristofas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on, ask Hasler & Klemmer. Hopefully we get 3-4 years and a premiership out of him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Probably just Mitchells new manager trying to get his client an extension and cut of the profits.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
didn't his dad say how well he has been treated at the roosters, coach and most importantly Uncle Nick, if that's the case and they offer 800k "officially" he is going nowhere

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree with some of your points but I think if there is a chance to snare a GI clone in his prime you go for it, who knows the cap most likely will increase and a million per year isn't so ludicrous a few years down the track... is there any risk of the cap dropping?
How many exceptional seasons did South's really get out of GI? Hardly a glowing endorsement. And this issue with a long term contract is what if he performs and demands more money? What if he doesn't perform and we're stuck with another Williams? All the pressure is on the club with this and I don't think it's worth it...if it was Tommy Trbo or Munster then yh I might be a little more interested.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have massive doubts about us offering a 10 year deal it makes a great sensational headline to get attention and it's done the job.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have the ability to build a premiership winning squad in a few years, all the player managers will be all over us after this, well done who leaked this

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have the ability to build a premiership winning squad in a few years, all the player managers will be all over us after this, well done who leaked this
Defintely well done. You havent asked for pay to be sacked today. Lol

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Definitely disagree with the 10 year term, but the most pleasing thing about this entire rumour, is that for once the blow torch has been put on the Roosters in the media.

I am a tad dissapointed that the Dogs didnt go all out and offer the same deal to Keary & Tedesco all in one hit.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defintely well done. You havent asked for pay to be sacked today. Lol
And #sackpay #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout #deanpayout #payout