WWOS MOLE David Hamilton

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can he recruit a new club for Pay to coach in CRL?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If they're going to keep getting ex Canberra staff, can they not try and get Mulholland back instead? At least he's proven to be good at his job and would help us recruit a whole lot better.
Brian Canavan would be better, at least we would have a great sombrero for our holiday to Mexico like the Rorters have for the past decade!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he Louise Hamilton's dad? I'm sick of hearing about signings (players and managers) other clubs boot out. Can't we forge our own identity??
Yeah right! Our own identity was lost the day Bullfrog died, Bob Hagan fell on his sword, Steve Folkes was sacked, Thurston and Sonny Bill left... that was the day the music died.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was informed today that Dave Hamilton ex Raiders and Titans official has now become our GM of footy he has been working in a CRL capticity for the last 2 years in the group 2 and 3 area which I'm from the group 2 area and I have dealt with him on a number of occasions through the last 2 years I will hold my judgement on this appointment he is old school but will hopefully get the place in order I posted it in rumours section till it's official but the person who told me is in regular contact with him
But wait there’s more, apparently we’ve also signed Craig “pod” Wilson for our Pathways & Development. He was most recently at The Eels in that role & before that as assistant at Sharks to both Stuart & .........Flanagan

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh for fucks sake... this is starting to become a joke now. Canterberra-Bankstown BullRaidogers.

Mr Hamilton has held various positions in Rugby League over the past 20 years, including:
Work as Development Officer and Junior Representative Coach (NSW U18’s, Australian Junior Kangaroos)
High Performance, Development and Recruitment roles with the Canberra Raiders and Gold Coast Titans.

Was he the bloke that discovered Phillips Sami and Nick Cotric?
Just to put another spin on this “acquisition” we are in urgent need of a recruitment person who has a great relationship with player managers this is a prerequisite right now!he isn’t that person......

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just to put another spin on this “acquisition” we are in urgent need of a recruitment person who has a great relationship with player managers this is a prerequisite right now!he isn’t that person......
Totally agree. We need connections with sports management companies who handle up and comers. Companies that can call our recruitment staff and say "hey I've got this young bloke playing Rugby / League for (remote area), who I think would be a great fit for your club, heres a Youtube highlights video, lets talk".

Rather than a Raiders reject whose worked with Lynne Anderson before at the Titans farting around at school sports carnivals trying to sign someone.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I also don’t get this “jobs for the boys” shit, again, if you ever worked in the corporate world in a mid-tier management role, the last thing you can afford to do is give a role to a “mate”, as it can make you look fucking stupid, why would you do that?
OK so first I worked as a police officer, then in the law, now I work in a corporate role in compliance. This happens all the time, hiring your mate or even family over better qualified applicants, happens all the time!! Surly it would be even more rampant in football clubs.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
OK so first I worked as a police officer, then in the law, now I work in a corporate role in compliance. This happens all the time, hiring your mate or even family over better qualified applicants, happens all the time!! Surly it would be even more rampant in football clubs.
Not saying it doesn’t happen, my belief that it’s ridiculous and can bring you unstuck big time of you hire someone clearly because they’re “your mate”.

If you worked with someone prior and they were capable and a known entity and they were up against someone who might be a little better, from a risk perspective, you will almost always take the known entity.

But if the other candidate is clearly superior, it becomes a no-brainer and there’s usually multiple people involved in the final decision teasing out strengths and weaknesses etc.

Sport unfortunately lends itself to more of this, but from a personal point of view, there’s too much to lose from a personal credibility stance to not due the due diligence and pick a superior candidate.