Value for money

Is Latrell Mitchell an astute and sound investment at $10m over 10 years?

• Yes

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • No

Votes: 58 55.2%

• Total voters

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup, and of corse my vote reflects what I previously said, don’t care what anyone else thinks or if they hate as this is my opinion!!

I hope we get the deal, An he comes home!! :grinning: And makes this club more attractive to other potential players !!

Not sorry about it either.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not for 10 years but 5mill for 5 years as has been reported I'd say go for it but it can't happen now until they shed more players as they're still paying for those that left us last year........they tried in the last off season to retire Foran Medically unfit but he stood his ground......any wonder with the money he's getting.......we've got more chance of finishing top eight than Foran playing for us next season if they're going after Latrell Mitchell.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...r-latrell-mitchell/ar-AAD3fwE?ocid=spartandhp

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
We need an aggressive competitor other than a busted Foran

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck yeah no problem as long as there are performance and behaviour clauses 10 mil for 10 years is a fucking bargain

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 mil a season for a latrell Mitchell in 5-6years will be chips...
Cowboys got a bargain with taumalolo for same price
I still think a Cameron Munster for that money would be better
But I say go for it
I agree. Munster is the one the Dogs should be targeting heavily.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Latrell is a Swiss Army Knife similar to Ponga, give him the ball when you need some points. Haven't had that since Barba

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No player should be put on a top dollar ten year deal. It's not a reflection on the quality Mitchell has displayed so far. He's definitely been good since debuting. But he made his debut very young. Ten more years in the top grade can take a heavy toll.

Aside from the idea that he might not last ten years physically. Getting a guaranteed million per year can really make a person rest on their laurels. Mitchell has gotten a long way in the game already. There's no guarantee that he'll put in the work to stay at the elite level. Look at guys like Mbye, Sandow, Williams etc. So many players get their payday and just get lazy.

I'd love to have him at the club, but the risk of a ten year deal worth that kind of money is huge.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
IF our club is smart: 3 Year $3 million deal, with 2 year club option at $1.25 million.

So if he plays well and we are happy, he scores another $250k for 4th and 5th years. Then in the 3rd or 4th year you extend him again with a secondary club option at higher pay rate (coinciding with salary cap).

You don't offer a player 5 years or more straight up. Just results in them becomming complacent and lazy.

In an ideal world I'd like to see the NRL block anything more than 1-2 year deals. Keep the player market moving fast and players available.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a player can win you games then the money isn’t so important imo. When we were winning with our team a few years ago no one complained. It is only when the team is playing shit and you have 1 mill players that can make the situation pretty ugly. But I think Latrell can be a game changer for the dogs. Latrell dwz and reimis sound good to me

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We better not be doing this. Whilst Mitchell is no doubt a talent, there are so many alarm bells about his future, we could be left holding a very expensive basket case.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's really not enough young elite players to build a team around. All the good stock is tied up or retiring or just retired.

Turbo brothers won't leave Manly.
Munster won't leave Storm .
Cleary won't leave Penrith/Ivan.

That's it really. 4 or 5 guys. No other young proven elites exist to build around. It's Mitchell or wait until the next up and comer emerges and then has a season or two to prove himself.

Also remember $10m today isn't $10m 10 years down the track as the salary cap rises and it is less in the salary cap. So you're getting him cheaper later on.

Obvious risks, but risk can't be avoided. Unless they think they can secure Munster or the Turbos its their only choice.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He is worth every cent. But I voted no purely on the 10yrs. He isn't a driven career player to me. I find him mentally a little fragile .

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have all read about the offer.

Is L.M worth $10m over a 10 year deal?

Are we going from one salary cap mess into another?
Fuck yeah, sign him up. Then go and sign another superstar of the game. Every team has at least o million dollar player.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 mil a season for a latrell Mitchell in 5-6years will be chips...
Cowboys got a bargain with taumalolo for same price
I still think a Cameron Munster for that money would be better
But I say go for it
Pongal would be even better!