Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like everyone is talking about.
Where there is smoke....Screenshot_20190618-212455_Messenger.jpeg

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What value can you attribute to a player that brings in more and better players then you are currently attracting? Maybe we pay and extra 100k - 150k per year to Lattrell in order to attract those players, by the time you fill up your team I think you save on a few contracts at the end in drawing power?? Just another thought.
Realistically though it’s the pack of the best forwards that attract the best halves, and the best halves that attract the best forwards! It’s always been the way in Rugby League, without either of them your team is fucked! Just add a great fullback and dummy half and the premiership is yours.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Oh ok, well if that's what they said then it would suggest there has been contact? I thought Latrell was a Dogs fan growing up?
I would assume so
Not sure if he was tbh

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Realistically though it’s the pack of the best forwards that attract the best halves, and the best halves that attract the best forwards! It’s always been the way in Rugby League, without either of them your team is fucked! Just add a great fullback and dummy half and the premiership is yours.
Yes but generational players will attract players no matter what position they are in. Dogs with a War Chest, Lattrell, DWZ for starters would attract interest. Add a few more astute signings interest build more. A decent coach, our facilities.....momentum builds and builds. Positive things coming out of the club, all of a sudden players are wanting to be apart of something. BOOM!!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yes but generational players will attract players no matter what position they are in. Dogs with a War Chest, Lattrell, DWZ for starters would attract interest. Add a few more astute signings interest build more. A decent coach, our facilities.....momentum builds and builds. Positive things coming out of the club, all of a sudden players are wanting to be apart of something. BOOM!!!
While i agree and am excited, we haven’t signed latrell lol. It’s sounding some good stuff but that doesn’t mean shit yet. Fucking I hope we do sign him he it 5 or 10 years deal it’s the biggest signing for us ever. If we don’t imagine the fans rioting with the Shit we have endured. They manage to get latrell locked in for 2020-2021 whatever we would forgive.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
While i agree and am excited, we haven’t signed latrell lol. It’s sounding some good stuff but that doesn’t mean shit yet. Fucking I hope we do sign him he it 5 or 10 years deal it’s the biggest signing for us ever. If we don’t imagine the fans rioting with the Shit we have endured. They manage to get latrell locked in for 2020-2021 whatever we would forgive.
I know but atleast for once I have spent an entire night on here being positive instead of the usual so win win for me lol

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow...the media are playing pin the tail on the donkey with this. First 10yr - 10million then 5yr - $5million and now James Hooper reckons its 10yr - $11million...lol
Screenshot_20190618-212455_Messenger.jpeg

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have no problem leaving him in the centres at the salary were reported offering... the guy is a fucking freak.
If we're paying our centre over a mill then wtf are our spine going to expect? It's ridiculous. 10 year deal even more ridiculous.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
If we're paying our centre over a mill then wtf are our spine going to expect? It's ridiculous. 10 year deal even more ridiculous.
I’ll agree with this. If we do land him it can’t be for over a mil and 10 years is cap management suicide. I’m not sold on him playing anywhere other than Centre just yet either.
Would love him at the club but.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Illntryn
I'll try find out tomorrow if that's true about it being 10 years. I don't think it is but it could be around the mil mark. He's a marquee player. I personally wouldn't sign anyone on a 10 year contract. The most would be 5 years.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cap going up mate...
top centres now earning 800k which is what roosters have offered him...

In a few years an elite centre will be earning 1m... elite fullbacks 1.3-1.4, which is what Ponga will be looking to command.

Either way, this forces the roosters hand, we miss out on latrell we can always shift our focus to Manu

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cap going up mate...
top centres now earning 800k which is what roosters have offered him...

In a few years an elite centre will be earning 1m... elite fullbacks 1.3-1.4, which is what Ponga will be looking to command.

Either way, this forces the roosters hand, we miss out on latrell we can always shift our focus to Manu
Roosters will have to go broke if they wanna keep him

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Illntryn

I'll try find out tomorrow if that's true about it being 10 years. I don't think it is but it could be around the mil mark. He's a marquee player. I personally wouldn't sign anyone on a 10 year contract. The most would be 5 years.
Playing on the end of the Roosters backline is completely different to playing on the end of ours. The bloke is mentally weak, look the hissy fits he has out on the field when shit doesn't go his way. A long term deal for him is ridiculous, and the richest deal in NRL is even more ridiculous.