RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the least it will make it very difficult for the roosters to match it. Bet they regret signing Crichton now. Suck shit. If we miss out on Mitchell then we offer tko or manu a deal they cant refuse. Roosters cant keep everyone.

Would still rather get 2 gun centres with the money we offering Mitchell. 2 for the price of 1. Any 2 of Manu crotic blake for example. Offer any 2 of these 3 five year deals at say 650k each would be better then just getting Mitchell on his own.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, it’s interesting because this lot won’t release a big name in the media unless it’s a ploy to sign someone else. I reckon bullshit article leaked by our board. It’s a strategic move for sure.
I'm going to say this since it's out now, it's actually true not sure about the money and etc but everything else is true, dogs are interested and the meeting happened. Who was in the meeting I will not say and Hill is right it wasn't an official that had the meeting. (just remember that part).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a case of a board member having a little chat before talking to the rest of the board/club about making an official offer.

We can only make an offer on Latrell if Roosters allow us to currently. Else we have to wait till after Nov 2019.

OR....

Is it possible we are talking bollocks to push the Roosters into signing him longterm, and trashing their cap.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm going to say this since it's out now, it's actually true not sure about the money and etc but everything else is true, dogs are interested and the meeting happened. Who was in the meeting I will not say and Hill is right it wasn't an official that had the meeting. (just remember that part).
I heard it was a meeting through Skype which involved Fitler, Politis, Anderson, Pay and James Hooper

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks like you were on the money, you made mention of it first am I right?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if this is a case of a board member having a little chat before talking to the rest of the board/club about making an official offer.

We can only make an offer on Latrell if Roosters allow us to currently. Else we have to wait till after Nov 2019.

OR....

Is it possible we are talking bollocks to push the Roosters into signing him longterm, and trashing their cap.
I might be wrong but isnt the rule you can offer players a contract any time you want. Its just that you cant sign them till nov1.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who remembers what we were discussing like a week ago of possible big name player dogs are interested, I mentioned it like a over a week ago. Anyway I hope it's not 10 years.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It wasn't hard to read between the lines. Haha. I had been told earlier in the season that this was in the works but was sworn to secrecy. I just hope all of the negotiating pays off in the end.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct I said there's a big name player dogs were after and it was early stages. Didn't want to give out some names and one or two people asked if it was Latrell Mitchell, I denied it. Didn't want the media to f it up for us.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be wrong but isnt the rule you can offer players a contract any time you want. Its just that you cant sign them till nov1.
Dont think you can even approach them till nov

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it was SBW Jnr, Finchie, Straight 18, Certified G and Master P that all had the same mail and were hinting at this all along for months now.

Full credit to them and for sharing their info without compromising the negotiations by giving it away.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Correct I said there's a big name player dogs were after and it was early stages. Didn't want to give out some names and one or two people asked if it was Latrell Mitchell, I denied it. Didn't want the media to f it up for us.
In your opinion and based off what you've heard, is Latrell being recruited as a fullback, 5/8th or centre?

I've said all along that's where he's destined and will excel and don't believe he'd join us to see the ball 10 times a game in the centres.