RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Waste of money, man fuck this club.

10 years he is already a basket case, he has been AWOL the last month.

The fuck are the club thinking?????

Munster or Ponga yes, but not a centre ffs you *****.
AWOL?? He scored two tries on the weekend.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
New

The Bulldogs are targering superstar Latrell Mitchell in what would be the biggest deal in NRL history.Source: News Corp Australia
The Bulldogs are considering making a stunning 10-year, $11 million offer to superstar Latrell Mitchell which, if it goes ahead, would be the biggest player deal in rugby league history.

The Bulldogs are believed to have discussed an offer of more than $1 million a season for the superstar. This would become the most lucrative contract in rugby league.

The Roosters are believed to have recently tabled an upgraded deal of $800,000 a year for seasons 2020 and 2021. He is signed at the Roosters until the end of 2020.

Under NRL rules, Mitchell could sign with the Bulldogs from November 1 this year and would be free to join them for the 2021 season.

0:53
Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill denied on Tuesday that any official from the club had made a formal approach to Mitchell or his family. Hill also denied rumours that a Bulldogs official travelled to Taree prior to State of Origin I to discuss the deal.

Mitchell has been at the centre of controversy since his poor showing in Origin I and indifferent form at the Roosters over the past month. He made headlines again on Sunday when Blues coach Brad Fittler sensationally left him out of the squad against Queensland to keep the series alive next Sunday.

The 22-year-old star centre has publicly said a falling out with his management was behind his recent poor form but has repeatedly stressed that he is happy at the Roosters under coach Trent Robinson.

Mitchell’s father Matt told the Sydney Morning Herald his son’s priority was playing for the Roosters, not New South Wales.

“The rep stuff is a bonus but the Roosters pay his bills, not NSW,” he said.

“His coach Trent Robinson has been unbelievable, and so has Nick Politis”.

BulldogsNRL

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Latrell a lot and he is an incredible player but this could be to much. Don’t forget the refs let him get away with a lot of agro at the Rorters but he will penalised out of the game at the dogs.

Big risk

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be interesting having a $11.5 million player in reggies when Pay promotes Montoya for training harder!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
are we trying to outdo our Foran disaster contract?

Royy

Previously roy18
Reaction score
This is complete bs. I’m not going to fall for this or read anything into it. If it’s come from James Hooper then you know he’s made it up

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big risk. Don’t get me wrong potentially the most devastating player along with Taumaulolo but I think his head isn’t right atm and I’ve seen brain snaps and look at him in origin I he was arguably NSW worst player and now is thinking of turning his back on NSW (hopefully it’s a sneaky to get the roosters to pay overs and we get someone else at a good price form under there noses)

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The dogs said there’s no money till 2021 and this is for next year this fucking club is a liar

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Big risk. Don’t get me wrong potentially the most devastating player along with Taumaulolo but I think his head isn’t right atm and I’ve seen brain snaps and look at him in origin I he was arguably NSW worst player and now is thinking of turning his back on NSW (hopefully it’s a sneaky to get the roosters to pay overs and we get someone else at a good price form under there noses)
Let’s make roosters pay overs so we can launch on others

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even tho that's a lot of money $, I think it's safe to say he'd be playing fullback (similar to GI when signed to Rabbitohs). We need to pay overs for a superstar on the market to attract more above average players without having to overpay. The Knights just did this with Ponga, even tho it's a lot less money, at the time it was questioned. Latrell is in a form slump atm and a lot of things are happening in his life/career atm, but he's still the best centre in the competition and no one can question his talent.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
As I previously said we have and are paying this annual amount to a broken, past his prime Foran over 4 years.

I think it is a great play, he just turned 22 and not that long ago was considered along with Ponga to best young talent in the league.

One average game and now he can't play, bullshit.

It would no doubt encourage other star players and a quality coach to come.

Just need some kind of injury clause etc that works in our favour if possible.
This!!!

I first heard this the other week from someone here (won’t say who, incase he wishes to stay out of the spot light. If you want your acknowledgement here it is haha)

It has given me time to think how I view/feel on this.

The reality of it if you have a good hard think. Any elite player will be paid this kind of money. We are seeing spuds like Mitchell moses, Ash Taylor, moses mbye etc paid this kind of money. He cleans his ass with them.

Then the debate for me was the length. We have seen taumalolo and dce get this. Taumalolos offer to me now is a steal as he is the best forward in the game and in the next year or 2 the best players should surely be on more then 1.2ish.

I still have a few questions on that. Though I then thought if we have Foran on 1mil a year at 3-4 years and admittedly he can control a game more and has more directing play influence, though we are dead last (not his fault he’s got a rubbish roster) though it says to me would I take a moses/Taylor/Foran/ben Hunt etc for 4-5 years over latrell for 10? No!

Latrell is 22. He has had a bad origin game and copped a hiding. He’s being questioned in his effort and commitment looking for the ball. Let’s be a bit more invasive here. A month ago he was the best player in the world. What’s changed? Luke keary isn’t feeding him. A rookie is in. Who obviously won’t overrule Cronk. That has a huge influence on his ball.

Now then it goes do you pay a million to a centre for 10 years? I’d say no. Though is he potentially a Folau/Inglis type player that can dominate at fullback for a length of that 10 years? I’d be prepared to take that 10 year 11mil deal to see. Worst case he doesn’t and we have the best centre in the world to build around. Best case we see another Inglis/Folau here for his career. I believe he could be better
Then both of them. Don’t tell me him committed here for a decade doesn’t make us more attractive to other quality players too!

The cap will increase too. Think of Inglis. Half way in his career 500-600k was big bucks. The mils a normal amount for star and even overhyped blokes like moses and Mitchell moses and Ash Taylor etc.

In 5 years 1mil could be a slight win for us!

My vote is yes. We Fucking need it.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s make the roosters pay overs on others so we can get some of the roosters players I think it’s time to outsmart the roosters at their own game hehhehehehe

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club was or is always going to have pay massive overs for marquee players atm, especially with the way the state of the club is in. Or we can go back to signing fringe players and playing them out of position. Fuck that. I’ve had enough of that! By all means necessary, get the best players available!