RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$115 million is way too much for 100 years let alone 10.

In all seriousness, I just think he’s too much of a risk for that much $ and that length of contract.
Very few players have the mental strength to last 10 years, RL is not European Soccer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Probably James Hooper started fact checking and realised "the cleaner read it from MasterP on The Kennel" wasn't a good enough source to make a plausible story out of.

Nothing against Master P, and everything against journos making up shit.

Hooper is well known for it.

Maybe article was pulled on request of Bulldogs,, given no club can talk to him till after November. Or maybe Hoops leaked it to try and get us fined by NRL.

NOTE: This makes 2 active Latrell Mitchell threads on here, with a 3rd under rumours locked up.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
WELCOME HOME LATRELL :grinning::grinning:

I’m all fucking for it, if it happens and We get him, that’s just the start of being able to attract other players interest, a new coach as well, how exciting.!!! Better than this whole 2019 crap fest.

DO IT DOGGIES..!!!
If its true its an absurd and stupid offer.

Cameron Munster 5 year deal at $1.3-$1.5m per season is an astute and smart investment

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely stupid.

There is no way the Roosters would even contemplate on matching or going close to that offer, and they would gladly let him go.

Should throw stupid offers at Tedesco and Keary as the Roosters would not let go of them that easily, and than swoop in on Joseph Manu

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For anyone who can't view the artical

Exclusive: Bulldogs set to make $11 million, 10-year play for Sydney Roosters superstar Latrell Mitchell

The Bulldogs are considering making a stunning 10-year, $11 million offer to superstar Latrell Mitchell which, if it goes ahead, would be the biggest player deal in rugby league history.

The Bulldogs are believed to have discussed an offer of more than $1 million a season for the superstar. This would become the most lucrative contract in rugby league.

The Roosters are believed to have recently tabled an upgraded deal of $800,000 a year for seasons 2020 and 2021. He is signed at the Roosters until the end of 2020.

Under NRL rules, Mitchell could sign with the Bulldogs from November 1 this year and would be free to join them for the 2021 season.

The offer would eclipse the 10-year, $10 million deal Jason Taumalolo signed with the Cowboys.

Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill denied on Tuesday that any official from the club had made a formal approach to Mitchell or his family. Hill also denied rumours that a Bulldogs official travelled to Taree prior to State of Origin I to discuss the deal.

Mitchell has been at the centre of controversy since his poor showing in Origin I and indifferent form at the Roosters over the past month. He made headlines again on Sunday when Blues coach Brad Fittler sensationally left him out of the squad against Queensland to keep the series alive next Sunday.

The 22-year-old star centre has publicly said a falling out with his management was behind his recent poor form but has repeatedly stressed that he is happy at the Roosters under coach Trent Robinson.

Mitchell’s father Matt told the Sydney Morning Herald his son’s priority was playing for the Roosters, not New South Wales.

“The rep stuff is a bonus but the Roosters pay his bills, not NSW,” he said.

“His coach Trent Robinson has been unbelievable, and so has Nick Politis”.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I previously said we have and are paying this annual amount to a broken, past his prime Foran over 4 years.

I think it is a great play, he just turned 22 and not that long ago was considered along with Ponga to be the best young talent in the league.

One average game and now he can't play, bullshit.

It would no doubt encourage other star players and a quality coach to come.

Just need some kind of injury clause etc that works in our favour if possible.

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All we need now is a good coach who can put his talents to use...

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If its true its an absurd and stupid offer.

Cameron Munster 5 year deal at $1.3-$1.5m per season is an astute and smart investment
But you wouldn’t get Munster for that!!

To get quality we have to overpay otherwise strap yourself in and wait for our youth to develop.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would much rather a performance based contract ,or in his current state of mind,likely to go walkabout,and on current form not worth the money

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it might work as the cap goes up slightly remember so it could work just bring some others with him

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
no get fucked most overrated player in our game. WHen things dont go his way he turns mega grub no thanks.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For every player we pAy overs for the rest of them will come cheaper, because it’s more enticing.. I’m not against it .. isn’t one of his brothers signed with us ? Kevin Walters can attract talent ,
I’m happy with griffin .. but who knows

Dave0175

Waterboy
Reaction score
What's the point if we can't give him clean ball 1.15million dollar trophy (dust collector)

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Waste of money, man fuck this club.

10 years he is already a basket case, he has been AWOL the last month.

The fuck are the club thinking?????

Munster or Ponga yes, but not a centre ffs you *****.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He would by playing at 5/8 for that money, surely