RUMOUR: Latrell Mitchell Consolidated Thread

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why not at this stage? That's 1.15mil a year. Mitchell will take one tenth of our salary cap. Probably a bit much for a centre, but would be thrilled to get him here.
not sure he would be signing to play on as a centre

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like I said before in order for us to attract players we are going to have to pay someone overs so around 1.2m a year is ok it’s not 1.5-2m for Ponga and in order for him to work we need good players around him

I FUCKING BET THIS IS A BACK ENDED DEAL IF IT HAPPENS AND THAT HAS TO STOP

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
11.5 million, 1.15 million a year
I’m kidding man, obvious typo in the title:

Exclusive-bulldogs-make-record-115-million-10year-play-for-sydney-roosters-superstar-latrell-mitchel

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I am not the biggest of 5 year deals, let alone 10 years.
I really don't think it matters at all. Time and time again the clubs, NRL and players prove it doesn't matter. It's all just show the time frame.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think of it as a Front loaded contract, chances are it will be unders for his actual worth in 10 years.... On the other hand it's probably overs upfront, and who's to say the contract will be honoured the full 10 years??

None the less it's a good building block, especially if we have the supposed future "war chest" that the media have been banging on about.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Latrell joins another club it will be at fullback or 5/8th. He wouldn't join our club and rot in the centres for that much money.

The length of the deal is in principle only. The chances of any player staying the full duration of a deal like that are slim.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Someone message me when it's 2035 because we aren't sorting out shit out until then.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Personally I'd steer clear. Looking at his upbringing in an aboriginal community, and seeing how every other aboriginal has had issues, it comes with massive baggage and will cause us more trouble than good. Can we expect him to stay sober for those 10 years?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Never gonna happen. If the club is seriously contemplating a 10 year deal at 11.5 million, we are dumber than Lloyd Christmas

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going to have to pay overs to attract the very top talent so I don't mind the price so much but a 10 year contract on a player like Latrell is insanely risky.
I'll bet that we will be wasting $1M year for at least 8 of the 10 years while he he is on walkabout duties.
If true we are truly in a bad state of affairs, we've wasted cap money on so many players its not funny Foran and Napa are two very good examples, hopefully its just a gee up to send the message that the club has money.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'll bet that we will be wasting $1M year for at least 8 of the 10 years while he he is on walkabout duties.
If true we are truly in a bad state of affairs, we've wasted cap money on so many players its not funny Foran and Napa are two very good examples, hopefully its just a gee up to send the message that the club has money.
I have my doubts over the whole this anyway. Look at the signings we make they are always on the quite and not much noise around them. Hopefully it’s just a ploy to drive his price up.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To me the bloke is looking like he is lacking some decent support in his life, don't know if that's the key to stabilising him. If that can be done then it's money well worth it.
Pussy fixes all issues