Enough is enough

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It must be a small pocket of people on the Kennel compared to the rest of the Dogs supporters because we still have the 6th best crowds in the NRL!
Because they have been giving tickets away like flyers this yr.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our board are very quiet of late despite talking themselves up quite a bit,now theres a tough decision to be made and nothing

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des was/is stubborn, pig headed, arrogant and hated change but players love playing for him and he can be a good coach when he wants to be - pay on the other hand just looks inept and completely out of his depth

To be fair Des did have

Klemmer
Kasiano
Graham
Mbye

Morris boys

It was when pay came that we found out the problems and started shedding players

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There’s NO WAY Des finishes with the spoon with our current squad! The guy just knows how to make ordinary players punch above their weight.

His downfall, it’s simple, he got to the stage where he thought he was too smart for the game. He went over the top. Players started focusing too much on the 1,000,000 KPI’s he set for them each game and lost touch with playing what was in front of them on the field. As mentioned he became to stubborn to change and his recruitment and retention was based on Money ball regardless how good a player was( e.g Cook). It was all based on stats. Was given full control and stuffed up our salary cap. Players loved him because he paid them well(backended deals) and hardly dropped anyone. Again based on stats which says the least amount of players used from the whole squad during the year the better the on field results, which in a way is sort of true to develop cohesion, but he went over the top and just simply refused to drop anyone.

But based purely on coaching, pound for pound he’s up there with the best IMHO. But the things mentioned above let him down badly, and that’s his own doing.
Totally agree with your comment, add to that he used and abused our trust and club.
We were fools for trusting him especially after we sacked all his crew !!!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't help think the way Des left us was an intent to ruin a club he knew he wasn't going to coach in the future, but coach against. Sabotage comes to mind.
Sabotage it was.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is the kennel seriously talking up Des. The **** left us in a fuckin rabble. Foran, Woods, Mbye, T-rex, Tolman, Lichaa all sucking us dry coz of that grub...... not to mention Cook, Finucane, Ennis, Tapau, Lane, Graham
He fucked our whole juniour development and let pricks like Cleal fuck us from behind.
Who gives a shit if he's better than Pay, let's not talk positive about the guy who had a massive hand in what we have become.
I think its more a reflection of how bad Pay is going that there is even a conversation on whether Des is better. Pay is clueless and the longer he stays the more dangerous he becomes

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just looked up the stats from Rugby League Project and recompiled them. That afltables site must be inaccurate.

Below has us sitting in 12th (above Manly, Canberra, Cronulla, and Gold Coast), which I'd consider more accurate (and I bet that number falls off hard before the end of the year).

Thankfully the Souths Anzac day game boosted our crowd numbers (30k+ at that game), ditto the Eels game (20k). Those are the only two games this year our crowds have gone over 20,000.

As you can see in below graph, after Round 7 we have dropped well below the crowd numbers from last year. If not for Souths Anzac and Eels games we'd be looking at some horrible numbers now.

upload_2019-6-18_0-8-31.png

upload_2019-6-18_0-36-53.png

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just looked up the stats from Rugby League Project and recompiled them. That afltables site must be inaccurate.

Below has us sitting in 12th (above Manly, Canberra, Cronulla, and Gold Coast), which I'd consider more accurate (and I bet that number falls off hard before the end of the year).

Thankfully the Souths Anzac day game boosted our crowd numbers (30k+ at that game), ditto the Eels game (20k). Those are the only two games this year our crowds have gone over 20,000.

As you can see in below graph, after Round 7 we have dropped well below the crowd numbers from last year. If not for Souths Anzac and Eels games we'd be looking at some horrible numbers now.

View attachment 10320

View attachment 10321
What’s the average home crowd on that site? You have a total crowd number including away games there.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am over it, been a Doggies fan for over 40 years but I have never seen a team as poor as this. I have seen teams over the years at least having a go, but something is very wrong here. Normally I don't like seeing coaches sacked (especially mid season) but Pay must go. The players are slow and seem to have no interest in playing, how can the Bulldogs have the best completion rate in the NRL but have the worst for and against?? So lets just give it to Tolman to take it up and get tackled. Just a mind blowing stat. I have returned my membership, I wont be attending a game , I wont watch them on TV ( which they don't deserve to be on free to air) until the board steps in and makes some hard calls. I would drop Napa, Tolman and even Jacko and bring up some young guys who want to try. Someone who can at least run the ball straight and hard. RFM has no heart, shit I can run sideways all day too. The Bulldogs culture is dead. I am not a sore loser, or a whinger. I just want the team to play with some heart. Yes it is a young team. Heard that a million times.
I feel it in everyone's posts, the beloved fans can see what is wrong why cant the club?? Let me know when the board wakes up because I will be watching and supporting the local under 12's.
I agree with you 100% I know exactly how you feel I have been a supporter for 52 years & I've never seen a Bulldog team with no heart, no pride in our colours and no motivation even though they are playing for what was once the greatest Club in the league, where many great legends have come from like the man pictured in your Avatar & the man pictured in mine, these players put their bodies on the line and never gave up even if they lost we would still leave the ground knowing they gave it their all, The Bullfrog would be turning in his grave to see what has become of his beloved Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, It's like leaving your hard inheritance to you kids & they go away and squander it all. They should change the name back to the Berries, because this mob - from the Board to CEO to the Coach & Players are not Bulldogs, They are not the Dogs of War.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am over it, been a Doggies fan for over 40 years but I have never seen a team as poor as this. I have seen teams over the years at least having a go, but something is very wrong here. Normally I don't like seeing coaches sacked (especially mid season) but Pay must go. The players are slow and seem to have no interest in playing, how can the Bulldogs have the best completion rate in the NRL but have the worst for and against?? So lets just give it to Tolman to take it up and get tackled. Just a mind blowing stat. I have returned my membership, I wont be attending a game , I wont watch them on TV ( which they don't deserve to be on free to air) until the board steps in and makes some hard calls. I would drop Napa, Tolman and even Jacko and bring up some young guys who want to try. Someone who can at least run the ball straight and hard. RFM has no heart, shit I can run sideways all day too. The Bulldogs culture is dead. I am not a sore loser, or a whinger. I just want the team to play with some heart. Yes it is a young team. Heard that a million times.
I feel it in everyone's posts, the beloved fans can see what is wrong why cant the club?? Let me know when the board wakes up because I will be watching and supporting the local under 12's.
Sorry ran out of room More dogs of war DOGS OF WAR

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What’s the average home crowd on that site? You have a total crowd number including away games there.
Correct ... Total crowds in all games.

Average home crowd is a little skewed (and not too relevant), because take Anzac Day game for example.. 30k+ yet the majority were Souths fans.

Short of knowing the actual gate takings/members scanned in each round it'd be impossible to know actual home crowds only for a specific team.

I dare say all our home games we are getting 50%+ opposition supporters making up the numbers (except maybe Belmore games or Titans/Storm).

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Correct ... Total crowds in all games.

Average home crowd is a little skewed (and not too relevant), because take Anzac Day game for example.. 30k+ yet the majority were Souths fans.

Short of knowing the actual gate takings/members scanned in each round it'd be impossible to know actual home crowds only for a specific team.

I dare say all our home games we are getting 50%+ opposition supporters making up the numbers (except maybe Belmore games or Titans/Storm).
Average home crowd is totally relevant and has always been the measuring stick for crowds. I was at the Good Friday game and the majority were Dogs fans. So the crowds aren’t so bad don’t try and sway it to suit a agenda.

transporter

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree. Followed them for 55 years

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair Des did have

Klemmer
Kasiano
Graham
Mbye

Morris boys

It was when pay came that we found out the problems and started shedding players
May be it is a pointless argument but pay had the players below for part of last season

Klemmer
Woods
Foran
Mbye
Morris boys

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What convinced me the guy has no fucking idea is in the post match he mentions it’s a young squad because he has nothing else to say then listen to this. He uses the excuse that we have played 14 games in row? Like WOW. If that isn’t the stupidest shit I have heard come out of a professional coach’s mouth then I don’t know what is.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Average home crowd is totally relevant and has always been the measuring stick for crowds. I was at the Good Friday game and the majority were Dogs fans. So the crowds aren’t so bad don’t try and sway it to suit a agenda.
Not really ... same sad story.

With 13 home games instead of 12 from last year (including 38k at Optus Stadium in WA), our crowds are definitely down.

As per below we need to average over 11,000 fans PER GAME to beat the 2018 total (and keep in mind we have an extra home game this season).

Sharks - Pulling low crowds this year (worse than us).
Roosters - Pulled well below 11,000 this weekend gone.
Panthers - Pulled about on target in 2018.
Tigers - Pulled 15,000 Round 3 in Campbelltown (before we went shit).
Broncos - Always pulls low crowds.

In summary I think we will fall short by some margin (even with the extra home game this year).

upload_2019-6-18_13-53-1.png

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

With 13 home games instead of 12 from last year (including 38k at Optus Stadium in WA), our crowds are definitely down.

As per below we need to average over 11,000 fans PER GAME to beat the 2018 total (and keep in mind we have an extra home game this season).

In summary I think we will fall short by some margin (even with the extra home game this year).

View attachment 10324
There’s going to be a drop in crowds but it’s hardly a massive plummet and with the form on the field it’s hardly surprising.

You have included last weekends game in the average it was a away game. There is only 12 home games this year....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Am I the only one not at all surprised by this, FFS we have only won 3 games so far this season, of which only 1 was a home game. So dummies like me that have made it to all 7 home games have a 1 to 7 losing record, just a tad demoralising. Even I (the eternal optimist) am facing an uphill battle to get enthused for the next home game. Score a couple of wins and the crowds will be back, I have no doubt.

Go Dogs

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I the only one not at all surprised by this, FFS we have only won 3 games so far this season, of which only 1 was a home game. So dummies like me that have made it to all 7 home games have a 1 to 7 losing record, just a tad demoralising. Even I (the eternal optimist) am facing an uphill battle to get enthused for the next home game. Score a couple of wins and the crowds will be back, I have no doubt.

Go Dogs
Good on ya for showing up mate. I'll admit that after the Belmore outing (set me back a good $150 for the day) I'm staying home to watch it on tele