Thoughts on Neil Henry?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Toovey, Hook or Flanagan. Enough with this 'bulldog dna' crap and get a coach and a captain who will show leadership.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Flanno is only good when he's cheating, AND the NRL have already said he will not be allowed back for some time (and that was in March).

People need to get over him, his career is shot, and the blokes no better than Pay.

NO
MORE
RAIDERS
REJECTS
Fucks sake... apparently we've signed ANOTHER Raiders flog for recruitment.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Des Hasler?
And the Milkman says:

Another great win by Manly and Des Hasler is still my coach of the year for what he's been able to do with that roster and the way he managed injuries to his star players. He's turned that team around from what we saw last year. Defensively they're strong, they compete for every possession and they play for each other.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way to Henry.

Has coached world class squads and gone no where.

Yes he's impressed with Raiders and Titans poorer squads in the past, but it's still not good enough to be honest.

Get Justin Holbrook. Bloke seems to be a winner, and who knows he may bring back with him a few ESL stars.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No way to Henry.

Has coached world class squads and gone no where.

Yes he's impressed with Raiders and Titans poorer squads in the past, but it's still not good enough to be honest.

Get Justin Holbrook. Bloke seems to be a winner, and who knows he may bring back with him a few ESL stars.
Justin is in talks to extend at St Helens. Isn't interested in coming back to Aus yet.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always liked him. He did a fantastic job at the Raiders years ago when they had a woeful roster, a list of no names. Much worse than ours.

He also did well at the Cowboys but got shafted by terrible refereeing blunders in the semis in consecutive years.

He also did very very well at the Titans until the board backed Hayne over him and the place capitulated.

Dont forget, he was the assistant coach to Mal Meninga during the maroons magic run.

I know anyone could coach that side, but still, apparantly he was the real analytical coach that the greats like Smith, Slater, Cronk and GI listened to and Mal was just the man manager.

I would go after him.
I couldn't agree more,set the cowboys up with some great young talent,raiders likewise,very good football brain,very underrated,and doesn't take shit from under performers.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Throw a bank at O'brien?
Wouldn't even need to throw the bank. There's only 16 NRL head coach jobs in the whole world and more the 3/4 of those a locked down for the foreseeable future after last years movements.

A new coach would love the situation we are in being a financially stable club with plenty of cap room on the horizon.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a coach now so it’s Griffin then maybe Flanagan when available and Griffin his assistant

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't even need to throw the bank. There's only 16 NRL head coach jobs in the whole world and more the 3/4 of those a locked down for the foreseeable future after last years movements.

A new coach would love the situation we are in being a financially stable club with plenty of cap room on the horizon.
We'll lets hope they're strongly considering the bloke and whilst we a toying with the roosters an Obrien and Mitchell is just what we need!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
No point caring about swapping coach mid season. Pointless really. Until we get a few more players in key positions and are a reasonable side, its coaching career suicide to take the job on right now.

If we get a reasonable side together and Pay can't coach that team, then at least the incoming coach would have something to work with. Which would make it a more attractive prospect for a coach to even consider coming here to begin with.

My expectations in the next 12 months are we get a few more good signings, and then if Pay can't get wins when we have a competitive side, then I will be on the sack Pay bandwagon myself, about this time next year. If we dont get signings either by then, I'll be happy for others at the club to be sacked also.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should just sack pay now and restore morale to the group and appoint steve g and start winning some games and take our time and see who becomes available