Opinion These young guys should be given a go this year

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Elie El-Zakhem this guy has speed and pretty good skill

Morgan Harper people who watch this guy knows he has potential needs to be given a chance instead of Montoya

Okunbor most likely to come back from injury but dam he's a lethal ball runner just needs to work on defence

Kerrod holland just all around player strong kicks goals sometimes defends really good

Kayne Kalache This guy is good runs hard like a sam kasiano but not fat lol

Lichaa has been killing it under nsw cup I know he hasn't delivered for us but maybe this is what he needs not only is he defending really wel he's running the ball and setting up tries like he did in Cronulla

James ramounas meant to be nsw and Bulldogs star in the future he's 19 but so what so is Payne haas and he is doing really well

Brandon wakeham the guy shows it all kicking ball skills young need his instead of jack cogger

Lachlan Lewis make him play lock can run the ball tackle and has good ball skills FYI people who say he's to skinny just watch him single handily tackle front rowers even stopped sam burgess by him self and Jason tamalolo lol burgess even got the shits and then when Foran leaves or retires put lachlan back there

Renouf tomomaga this guy needs a run 4-5 games and scoring 2 tries a game I think now that he's older and tasted first grade he won't stuff up this time

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Although I agree with a few of those names, we truly need solid first graders and experience in this team. DWZ and the Storm bloke is a good start, but we need more.

Bringing in more young guys at this stage will probably only just ruin their careers.

Lichaa can just go.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My man HARPER!!!!

Been calling him all year, want to see how he goes in FG.. PLEASE.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We can't as we have a Top 30 + Development Squad.

El-Zakhem isn't in either so cannot be played (and he can't even hold down a spot in Canterbury Cup - instead benched in Sydney Shield / Ron Massey for Cabra or Rams).
Not is Kayne Kalache.

Tui Katoa, James Roumanos, Morgan Harper, and one spare spot are our development players.

We currently have 29 players in our full time squad (including DWZ who took Zac Saddlers spot). Stimson isn't coming till next year so we have 29.

If Harper has been promoted to Top 30, we have locked that out and have 2 development spots free (which might be the case).

So development squad I'd say MIGHT now be:
Tui Katoa (injured twice this season - currently out with an ankle injury)
James Roumanos (named in Flegg last week)
Kayne Kalache
Javvier Pitovao OR Isaiah Tass

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harper is not ready... has a lot of potential and stylistically reminds me of Justin Hodges, but he needs time in the reserves still... if anything, exposing him to FG now with this Bulldogs team will likely do more harm than good to Harper's game... hopefully, though, he has been pencilled in to take over from Hopoate at right centre into the future and the right amount of effort is being put into him by the club

Wakeham is definitely not ready... maybe a couple games off the bench in the second half of next year but he cannot be rushed... his game and physique won't handle FG at the moment

Kalache is an honest toiler, good in defence, has an off load in him, but I would be curious to see whether he could handle the step up to FG in terms of the speed of the game and physicality

To'omaga should be playing FG IMO off the bench... surprised that he has not been picked despite the horror shows the current 'Dogs first graders are putting in

no to Lichaa… he has been very good in the reserves but he has proven to be out of his depth in FG

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think a lot of fans don't appreciate the step up to NRL from lower grades. A lot of the names mentioned have had a
Handful of solid performances for CC and Flegg but are way off first grade level

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can't as we have a Top 30 + Development Squad.

El-Zakhem isn't in either so cannot be played (and he can't even hold down a spot in Canterbury Cup - instead benched in Sydney Shield / Ron Massey for Cabra or Rams).
Not is Kayne Kalache.

Tui Katoa, James Roumanos, Morgan Harper, and one spare spot are our development players.

We currently have 29 players in our full time squad (including DWZ who took Zac Saddlers spot). Stimson isn't coming till next year so we have 29.

If Harper has been promoted to Top 30, we have locked that out and have 2 development spots free (which might be the case).

So development squad I'd say MIGHT now be:
Tui Katoa (injured twice this season - currently out with an ankle injury)
James Roumanos (named in Flegg last week)
Kayne Kalache
Javvier Pitovao OR Isaiah Tass
Harper was upgraded to top 30 at the beginning of the season. We are at 30/30 atm.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland and Lichaa can get fucked, waste of cap space, will be glad to see the back of them.

Harper, Okunbur and Renouf yes.

Most of the others still need time developing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Harper was upgraded to top 30 at the beginning of the season. We are at 30/30 atm.
Ahhh wasn't sure on that one (was basing things off Zero Tackle).

So is the development squad right? Roumanos, Katoa, Kalache (?), and Pitavao / Tass (?)?

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We average 1 try a game..... let in about 6...

Put anyone in there. Who cares

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Roumonos and Katoa that’s it at the minute
NRL set a minimum of 3 development players, max of 6.

We have replaced Anderson but the club is just too lazy to actually name the replacement.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL set a minimum of 3 development players, max of 6.

We have replaced Anderson but the club is just too lazy to actually name the replacement.
What a shock they haven't updated it......

Can't think of anyone else besides Kalache who would really get it.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What a shock they haven't updated it......

Can't think of anyone else besides Kalache who would really get it.
I haven't seen Kalache play before the last game, I was very impressed
This guy has class written all over him...He has got great future ahead of him !

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen Kalache play before the last game, I was very impressed
This guy has class written all over him...He has got great future ahead of him !
He deserves a shot at NRL this season the way he has performed in reggies.

He has got some really nice ball skills for a big man.

I think he's playing for Lebanon this weekend too!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We average 1 try a game..... let in about 6...

Put anyone in there. Who cares
I still want to get some wins on the board this season.
Pointless throwing heaps of rookies in to get flogged even worse than now.

Last edited:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He deserves a shot at NRL this season the way he has performed in reggies.

He has got some really nice ball skills for a big man.

I think he's playing for Lebanon this weekend too!
I was super impressed with his last game in particular
A good footy head and didn’t mind getting his hands dirty
Unlike some of our current squad,hope K.K gets a run soon