The Future Bulldogs

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In regards to the board, what kind of politics are you referring to exactly?
There will be others on the forum here with more intimate knowledge than I do. As an outsider its just how I feel that it is playing out. Rather than working together they are all trying to gain "power"

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wally Lewis said yesterday that he doesn’t think this team should be bottom dead last and I agree with him, there’s enough players there to off the bottom but no where near the 8
This is honestly part of the problem. People blinded by bulldog passion. Whether we are dead last or bottom 4, it all really doesn't matter. Its clear that our coach is a dud and our roster needs a clean out. Plans need to be put in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wally Lewis said yesterday that he doesn’t think this team should be bottom dead last and I agree with him, there’s enough players there to off the bottom but no where near the 8
the only hope for the 'Dogs in avoiding the spoon would be for another team to blow up (eg. injuries, dramatic loss of form, off field issues, salary cap etc.)

otherwise, we are the worst team on paper... if any other team wins the spoon, then they have f*%#ed up

that is the only reason I am not jumping on Dean Pay as he really does not have the cattle, regardless of what he team he selects, what tactics he employs, what preparations he makes etc... but if I had to guess, the Dogs will take a hit for a couple years, back Dean Pay and then bring in a coach in 2021 for a fresh start

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
that is the only reason I am not jumping on Dean Pay as he really does not have the cattle, regardless of what he team he selects, what tactics he employs, what preparations he makes etc... but if I had to guess, the Dogs will take a hit for a couple years, back Dean Pay and then bring in a coach in 2021 for a fresh start
The issue is the new coach needs to be able to assess the 2020 roster and pick and choose what he keeps for 2021 and beyond. So he needs to at the very least start 2020. This is critical for our future.

If Pay or the wrong coach is selected in 2020, we are fucked.

Having a blank roster in 2021 is surprisingly more challenging then some people will think. Agents will try to fuck us over for money. The first few stars to come on board will likely be paid overs to get the ball rolling. There will be little to no chemistry or bulldog DNA for newcomers to embrace.

It is absolutely critical for the planning to start now.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No Bullshit 5 year plan ala Gould.

Its a 3 year plan:
2020: Evaluation/Evolution
2021: Implementation/Foundation
2022: Success

We have the money, we have the opportunity, we need the right people to get us there. It shouldn't be rocket science!

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I think the fact no player has improved since pay took over says alot about his coaching. There doesn't seem to be any difference between the end of Hasler's era and pay's, except we're losing more.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Bulldogs are all about gender fluidity / LGBTI & climate change.
On the field performances are not important.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not having the attacking flair, tactical nous (by the players), the topline skill...I get that.

But discipline can be coached, fitness can be coached, hunger for the ball can be coached, aggression in defence can be coached, not dropping the fucking ball all the time can be coached, selecting the best players for the position is coaching 101. Yet it is not happening.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys dont let Pay get in the way of discussion. He is clearly not a viable option. There are plenty of Pay threads anyways.