Players Mentality

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I noticed that. There was no urgency. That really pissed me off. This team sucks arse. In 08 we had a shit team but at least they tried there arses off. This team concedes one try and thinks fuck it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You guys just don't understand ... the ball was lava at that point... Danny couldn't touch it without burning himself.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear @TwinTurbo opinion on this one, because the players are in full support of the coach (allegedly)..

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Best part of all this is that Fualalo is not in the future Plans of the club (appears that way anyway) and we continue to try and develop him in first grade.. Meanwhile Ogden and Toomaga are in reserve grade, but are signed for 2021 and 2020 respectively .. WTF ?? how many cluster f#cks do fans have to continue to witness...
The evidence is mounting.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The players should not be allowed to dictate the coach. They are paid professionals.

Dont forget the players supported Des.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Interested to hear @TwinTurbo opinion on this one, because the players are in full support of the coach (allegedly)..
Help me out here thanks, can you please quote the post where I said "the players are in full support of the coach"?

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Help me out here thanks, can you please quote the post where I said "the players are in full support of the coach"?

Go Dogs
I may have miss quoted you , however you have mentioned that the players are putting in and trying.. just like to see your take on the game just gone??

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I may have miss quoted you , however you have mentioned that the players are putting in and trying.. just like to see your take on the game just gone??
I think you not only misquoted me, rather badly, with "the players are in full support of the coach" but you also misrepresent what I posted on the "players puting in and trying". I was referring to that game and the players that I spoke to after that game, not every game and every player. Just 3 examples of my view players not puting in, I've been one of the few pointing out Martin's poor attitude for a long time, similarly Ogden's apparent missing of his agreed weight and fitness targets, CHN's issues, outside of his on field playing, which he is not even carrying recently. In comparison guys like Jackson, Foran, Cogger, JMK and Tolman regularly leave the field looking totally spent. Talk to them an hour after the game and they still look and sound like there is very little left in the tank.

My point, as it has always been, is that it's not fair taring the whole team with the same brush, equally not in every game either.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you not only misquoted me, rather badly, with "the players are in full support of the coach" but you also misrepresent what I posted on the "players puting in and trying". I was referring to that game and the players that I spoke to after that game, not every game and every player. Just 3 examples of my view players not puting in, I've been one of the few pointing out Martin's poor attitude for a long time, similarly Ogden's apparent missing of his agreed weight and fitness targets, CHN's issues, outside of his on field playing, which he is not even carrying recently. In comparison guys like Jackson, Foran, Cogger, JMK and Tolman regularly leave the field looking totally spent. Talk to them an hour after the game and they still look and sound like there is very little left in the tank.

My point, as it has always been, is that it's not fair taring the whole team with the same brush, equally not in every game either.

Go Dogs
well if what your saying Is true.. sounds like there is a lot of disharmony in the team and it is clearly showing .. surely the coach needs to be partially if not fully responsible for this.. a coach thee days should be a man manager as well as a tactician these days.. he seems to be neither..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
well if what your saying Is true.. sounds like there is a lot of disharmony in the team and it is clearly showing .. surely the coach needs to be partially if not fully responsible for this.. a coach thee days should be a man manager as well as a tactician these days.. he seems to be neither..
Were did I mention "disharmony"? Talk to players from any team after a game and some will be exhausted and others appearing fresh as a daisy. That's no indication of whether or not they get along harmoniously with the coaching staff and their fellow players. To me they look like a pretty tight bunch, that said I don't think there is any team where everyone gets along with everyone else. You can't please all of the people all of the time and that applies to coaches and players.

The fact is we desperately need a win or 2, because right now to me it looks like the whole team is carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. They start off each game full of hope and effort and then shit goes against them, the refs give them nothing but grief, the ball doesn't bounce for them, fatigue starts to set in, someone gets injured and they have to shuffle positions etc etc.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Were did I mention "disharmony"? Talk to players from any team after a game and some will be exhausted and others appearing fresh as a daisy. That's no indication of whether or not they get along harmoniously with the coaching staff and their fellow players. To me they look like a pretty tight bunch, that said I don't think there is any team where everyone gets along with everyone else. You can't please all of the people all of the time and that applies to coaches and players.

The fact is we desperately need a win or 2, because right now it looks like the whole team is carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. They start of full of hope and effort and then shit goes against them, the refs give them nothing but grief,
im simply doing what you suggested and drawing a conclusion from bits of info gathered and things witnessed.. So if the "leadership group" is dropping players from first grade for reasons you suggest, then surely there is resentment from one player to the next .. especially when some of those players in the "leadership group" are about as useful as tits on a bull....

If what I witnessed on the weekend is a "tight bunch", then we are in far more trouble then anyone could have imagined …. but I do not for one second believe all the players are "tight".. clearly witnessed by the frustration of certain players..

Also the slow and painful regression of the teams defensive efforts over the course of the season is another dead give away..