AFL's Behavioural Arwareness Officers

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Anyone here who isn't aware, I'm actually surprised, given how shit the NRL is run, that they didn't introduce this first:

https://www.2gb.com/overkill-afl-ramps-up-presence-of-behavioural-awareness-officers/

New ‘Behavioural Awareness Officers’ are patrolling AFL games after a spate of controversy surrounding the ejection of fans.

Marvel Stadium has stepped up its security with the new vests spotted around the Melbourne stadium in pairs.

It comes after a Carlton fan was ejected from a game for calling an umpire a “bald-headed flog”.

The ‘security’ personnel patrol the stadium in blue vests with the words ‘report anti-social behaviour’.

Deborah Knight questions if that’s the right way to go about it.

“Behavioural awareness officers – it sounds like something out of 1984, it’s a little bit overkill.

“If you don’t allow people to express that passion then people won’t turn out.”

Wahesh

Reaction score
Behavioural Arwareness Officers aka The Fun Police. Now people can't have fun at the games and scream and cheer with passion.

How long until the NRL introduces them??

FMD people are snowflakes.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wtf how can you get ejected for calling someone a bald headed flog? I do this regularly. When I first started reading this I though they must be for the racist people

Wahesh

Reaction score
Wtf how can you get ejected for calling someone a bald headed flog? I do this regularly. When I first started reading this I though they must be for the racist people
I remember the days when 'The Kennel' (at Bulldogs games) would call the referees a wanker when making obvious bad calls. Imagine they try and eject the entire Kennel from a dogs game.

We all know what the front headlines of the papers would be the next day...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
In order for your to moitor the behaviour of rowdy crowd members, you actually need to have crowds.

Something the AFL has but NRL do not :D

Imagine these blokes at a Dogs game... there would be no dogs supporters left un-ejected 20 minutes in.

Wahesh

Reaction score
In order for your to moitor the behaviour of rowdy crowd members, you actually need to have crowds.

Something the AFL has but NRL do not :D

Imagine these blokes at a Dogs game... there would be no dogs supporters left un-ejected 20 minutes in.
I don't go to NRL games anymore but it's got nothing to do with my club. It's because the administration fuck the game over every year with rules changes and making the game even softer. Sorry, not sorry, the NRL ain't getting no coin from me anymore. I thought David Gallop was a bad CEO (and not taking anything away from him... he was bad), but since he left, every Administration of the game since has gotten worse.

Dave Smith - no punches, no shoulder charges.

Greenturd - where does it start? Where does it end?