Thoughts on Neil Henry?

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always liked him. He did a fantastic job at the Raiders years ago when they had a woeful roster, a list of no names. Much worse than ours.

He also did well at the Cowboys but got shafted by terrible refereeing blunders in the semis in consecutive years.

He also did very very well at the Titans until the board backed Hayne over him and the place capitulated.

Dont forget, he was the assistant coach to Mal Meninga during the maroons magic run.

I know anyone could coach that side, but still, apparantly he was the real analytical coach that the greats like Smith, Slater, Cronk and GI listened to and Mal was just the man manager.

I would go after him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
No thanks, wait for someone decent. Flanagan hopefully.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd prefer Griffin and Cartwright.

Both ex Panthers, and we have players here who are ex Panthers and alerady know Griffin.

So theres some mutual admiration there already. Griff rebuilt Panthers and had them firing.

Holbrook looks like staying in ESL, Flanagan won't be welcome back for at least a few years if that.

He did a fantastic job at the Raiders
NO
MORE
RAIDERS
REJECTS

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get a coach with a good track record.. we need a good coach..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No we cant take any chances this time

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer Griffin and Cartwright.

Both ex Panthers, and we have players here who are ex Panthers and alerady know Griffin.

So theres some mutual admiration there already. Griff rebuilt Panthers and had them firing.

Holbrook looks like staying in ESL, Flanagan won't be welcome back for at least a few years if that.

NO
MORE
RAIDERS
REJECTS
So you whinge about it being a old boys club for Raiders rejects and then suggest turning it into a club full of Panthers rejects! Griffin couldn’t get the job done with those players at Penrith what’s going to change here.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No thanks, wait for someone decent. Flanagan hopefully.
I would really like Phil Gould somewhere in our club if not coaching then CEO, he knows his footy shit, would attract some good talent, would have plenty of influential contacts in the NRL & I believe he has a soft spot for our club, could be the kick start we desperately need, I now a lot of you guys will not agree but it's just my opinion and seems a much better Idea than some of the other names floating around.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We throw up all these suggestions on who should coach and etc half shoot them down and what not tell me this what blue chip coach do we really want and why would any successful coach at a more stable organisation leave where they are to come to our club the way it is at the moment ?
Do you think what ever coach we get pending they sack pay will want to have Chris Anderson or anyone that’s been involved in recruitment no where near the roster
But at the moment I’d have anyone rather then pay even georgalis till the end of the year to see what he can do

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No just...NO

Also Griffin no Cartwright NO

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If cooper Cronk retire’s this year we should take him straight head coach make him an offer.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would really like Phil Gould somewhere in our club if not coaching then CEO, he knows his footy shit, would attract some good talent, would have plenty of influential contacts in the NRL & I believe he has a soft spot for our club, could be the kick start we desperately need, I now a lot of you guys will not agree but it's just my opinion and seems a much better Idea than some of the other names floating around.
I tend to agree... sometimes i like what he says and other times i want to punch his ugly head, but he would bring some good contacts, respect etc. However he always seems to end at places on bad terms, and i reckong he is too smart... he knows as a bulldog, he would lose a lot of friends in the NRL and media...

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get a coach with a good track record.. we need a good coach..
Why did we get rid of Hasler then?? Funny how no one is talking about blue and white DNA anymore!

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Get Kevie Walters or Flanno nobody else.