The Future Bulldogs

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its exciting times to be a doggies supporter. The shit that we have put up with in the past and the shit we putting up with now and next year will be removed for a period of long dominance in the 2020s. Glory can and will be restored, I'm feeling it!

*Snap back to reality*

I have little confidence in the board to get it done right if I'm honest. To me it seems so simple yet the board and coach have always appeared to make the wrong move. A lot of it seems to be politics and people with bad motives.

Pick a good coach to take over for 2020 season. Clear the decks. Have in place measures to ensure we do not end up with a plodder roster in 2021 and overpay (as it may be likely to attract talent). Build momentum so we have success by 2022 (nothing short of a top 4 finish should be accepted).

The club and board need to make this happen. And it needs to be made clear to the members. No more bullshit.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its exciting times to be a doggies supporter. The shit that we have put up with in the past and the shit we putting up with now and next year will be removed for a period of long dominance in the 2020s. Glory can and will be restored, I'm feeling it!

*Snap back to reality*

I have little confidence in the board to get it done right if I'm honest. To me it seems so simple yet the board and coach have always appeared to make the wrong move. A lot of it seems to be politics and people with bad motives.

Pick a good coach to take over for 2020 season. Clear the decks. Have in place measures to ensure we do not end up with a plodder roster in 2021 and overpay (as it may be likely to attract talent). Build momentum so we have success by 2022 (nothing short of a top 4 finish should be accepted).

The club and board need to make this happen. And it needs to be made clear to the members. No more bullshit.
Without a doubt, Pay is not up to first grade standard.

In regards to the board, what kind of politics are you referring to exactly?

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree mate wholeheartedly.
Every passing minute that nothing happens accentuates the ineptitude.

Not only a new coach but complete overhaul of the Football Dept is massively overdue. I don’t subscribe to the theory that current results are all due to the roster. My biggest concern is 2021 player market officially opens Nov 2019, therefore planning and negotiations need to be very much happening now. Like really now.
It just feels we’re swinging in the dark, blindfolded with eyes glued shut.

There is nothing, nothing, that shows we are on track.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get rid of Pay, Tolman and Elliot and we are sweet. Nobody wants to follow these blokes except Jackson.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Said it in another thread. Pay can't be allowed to recruit for 2021 otherwise we'll eventually get another coach who won't want those players at it'll be rebuild 2.0 and wasted years just like the tigers now.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wally Lewis said yesterday that he doesn’t think this team should be bottom dead last and I agree with him, there’s enough players there to off the bottom but no where near the 8

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if not us in 16th, who? pick a team who is actually worse, both as a roster and baisc talent?

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said it in another thread. Pay can't be allowed to recruit for 2021 otherwise we'll eventually get another coach who won't want those players at it'll be rebuild 2.0 and wasted years just like the tigers now.
And this is what some don't understand. Prime example the Tigers with Cleary recruiting and then McGuire dismantling

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if not us in 16th, who? pick a team who is actually worse, both as a roster and baisc talent?
There is no other team. We are the worst team for a reason. And it starts in the back offices and filters through to the team performances. At some stage every team besides us has shown some form and improvement for at least a period of two weeks. That's a difficult assignment for us to deliver.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And this is what some don't understand. Prime example the Tigers with Cleary recruiting and then McGuire dismantling
100% with you, then 2021 becomes wait for 2023 to see improvement with the next coach, it can't be allowed to happen.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a 2009 style of recruitment. New coach new players. Bring it on.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Board in 2018 when they got in: "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap".

Board in 2019 pre season: "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap".
Board in 2019 mid season: "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap. Fans need to remember we are rebuilding".
Board in 2019 when we get the spoon (which should be presented on Grand Final day before the medals in all honesty): "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap. Fans were told this was a rebuilding phase".

Board in 2020 pre season: "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap. Fans need to remember we are in a rebuilding phase and this takes time".
Board in 2020 mid season: "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap. We are still continuing to rebuild and will be strong in 2020".
Board in 2020 when we get the spoon AGAIN: "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap. Fans need to wait for 2021 when we will have a warchest".

Board in 2021 pre season: "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap. We are yet to sign anyone because no good players are around. We have resigned Dan pay on a 3 year deal though".
Board in 2019 mid season: "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap. We continue to be on the lookout for quality players and a hooker to replace Michael Lichaa with".
Board in 2019 when we get the spoon (which should be presented on Grand Final day before the medals in all honesty): "This is all Des Hasler and Ray Dibs fault, and gross missmanagement of the salary cap. We are continuing to rebuild and fans need to be patient".

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Wally Lewis said yesterday that he doesn’t think this team should be bottom dead last and I agree with him, there’s enough players there to off the bottom but no where near the 8
He is alluding to what everyone is saying in that Pay isn't able to get the best out of the cards he is dealt. I feel sorry for the young players in our squad he is melting away their careers

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

So name a team who has a worse roster then us?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get rid of Pay, Tolman and Elliot and we are sweet. Nobody wants to follow these blokes except Jackson.

Napa played for 42 mins and ran for 150m

Tolman played 58 and ran for 88m

That says enough

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa played for 42 mins and ran for 150m

Tolman played 58 and ran for 88m

That says enough
Man it's the fact his a leader on field yet he gets belted and gets in the way to much. His frustrating. His clean up work is second to none but its time we got some muscle to help papi out.